8 of Chalices

Aulruna

Key concept: "moving on"

The position of the eyes - upward and to her own right - indicates that the Fey remembers the Chalice well. There is something she's gotten from it that will always stay with her. And his memory is "larger than life" (see the somewhat warped perspective, the Chalice being actually too big for the stairs?), so there has been true growth.

I'm not sure why, but I'm convinced that the Fey has been up there and touched the Chalice. And from that lofty position, she realized that her destiny lies elsewhere, and that she has to move on to fulfill it. So she gathered up her belongings (the strap indicated she's carrying a bag) and went, knowing that she won't return, but also knowing this was the right decision to make.

FaeryGodmother

For me the key concept is "The Quest". The Chalice at the top of the stairs is the prize and the fey is looking back to remind him/herself of what lies at stake.

Suriel

Well, erm, I recently just got 8 of chalices in a reading regarding my coming university life.

I'm going to live outside near the university since my house is far from it.

And the 8 of chalices appeared at the Obstacles position.

So, to me, it means leaving something you have to leave but actually, deep inside, you would like to stay at top of the staircase more.

Probably a homesick problem for me here though. hehe

rcb30872

I think the moon is significant, in this. I have no idea why, but I think it is.

I got the idea about this from a thread that was posted for the RWS Two of Swords -
Waning or Waxing...Help!
. While the moon in the RWS Two of Swords is waxing, I think it is waning in the Fey 8 of chalices as can be seen in this diagram of the moon phases, found here.

http://www.usenature.com/article_moon_cycle.htm
So from that, we can say
The Waning of the moon is the period that runs between the Full Moon and the New Moon. It supports the energy of letting go, releasing, moving away from situations you've outgrown. It is a great time for working heavily on any releasement work such as clearing addictions and difficulties. It is also the perfect time to do a Spring Cleaning, going through your things and throwing out anything you no longer use, getting your hair cut, in fact, anything to do with getting rid of stuff.

hopena

When I looked at this card tonight, I got the impression that she was thinking, "That may be your ideal, but it isn't mine."