January 2009 Mercury Retrograde in Aquarius

OOnaOwl

Ladies & Gentlemen, we have officially entered our first Mercury Retrograde phase of the year, in the element of Air turning to Earth! Usually we get 3 per year, but this year there are four, with the last one in Capricorn in late December 2009. Here on AT, we had that spectacular hard drive crash yesterday that was promptly fixed today. We have "lost" 7 days of data posts & threads....very interesting!

Sophie

That's "retrograde" at its most literal :D

tarotlyn

...I have been "bracing" for this one!:bugeyed:... it will be over on Feb. 1st, I think.

I won't be buying anything new...and retrogrades always take me back to
things I used to do, make, or sell...and makes me think about doing some of
it again:bugeyed:... you know...like certain crafts that you outgrew!:bugeyed:

Oh, and my email program went on the "bonkers!!!" and I had to reinstall!
Luckily, all my previous emails were there.

Plus, I was right in the middle of a long post update in my husband's prayer
thread when AT went down...luckily I had copied and pasted my post as I
was going along...into my word program just before At crashed:eek:
And luckily, I had written all the names down to my free deck drawing
(except one) and was able to reconstruct the whole drawing...all fixed...
wonder what will happen next:eek::bugeyed::laugh:

:):heart:tarotlyn

Learner

what happens when mercury is retrograde? and moving into aquarius?

Sophie

It's moving from Aquarius back into Capricorn over the next 3 weeks, then back again until the 16th Feb (=stationary direct). Both periods - but especially the retrograde period - traditionally seizes up communications of all types, as Mercury rules communications. Not good for signing contracts, or starting something new that has to do with writing, the media, communications, negotiations or travel. Anything already started might be slowed down. You might have to revisit some old project, or redo something you thought was already done.

On the plus side, people you've lost touch with can come back into your life, and you can revisit conversations and ideas that were not resolved before. I find it an invaluable time for introspection. But it's true that communications (including the internet) get a shake-up :D. What happened with the AT hard drive yesterday might be imputed to Mercury Retrograde, for example - and literally (Aquarius is a literal sign, sometimes!), the database was retrograded by 7 days!

Learner

Can it make you feel like wanting to start everything again from scratch?

Sophie

Certainly, since it is about going back! That can also mean "starting again". However, it is not advised, as a rule, to start something new during that period: use it to think and plan, instead, and to explore that urge of yours. Sometimes, the feeling of wanting to start all over vanishes when Mercury goes direct again :D

Eowyn

May I ask...
Does it has a special influence in Mercury ruled signs?

franniee

You know I was trying to figure out if AT is a virgo..... I think it is - wasn't it formed in late august of 2001? Then it would be mercury ruled Virgo.

Speaking of which I better begin backing up my virgo self. :D

Sophie

Eowyn said:
May I ask...
Does it has a special influence in Mercury ruled signs?
If any of your important planets, and if your ascendent, is ruled by Mercury - then yes. There would also need to be an aspect between the retrograding mercury and that planet (or ascendent), or with your mercury, for it to act as a trigger on you. So it is not likely to last all of the 3 weeks!