Another Saturn question

dadsnook2000

Which location

If you have been living at your present location for some time and if you really identify with that location -- own a house, have joined organizations, work there, and like the area -- then you should do a birth chart for that location and see if it fits you better than your original birth location chart. When one adopts a new location it places the planets in very different houses and can represent the big changes in your life that often accompany a change of location. Dave
PS only then will it make sense to examine Saturn and its current house position .

Enchanted

Thanks for that information Dave! :)

Looks like it is back to the drawing board! :( After what you said I will need to do another chart for this location. Thank goodness for astro.com! :)

I never knew that relocation would effect the natal chart in this way.

While I have spent most of my life where I am, I did spend nearly a year in the place I was born recently, would this have made a difference as well? As when Saturn went into conjunction with my natal Sun I was in the country of my birth. Oh dear, this keeps getting more complicated! :(

Enchanted

isthmus nekoi said:
Another way to look at this is to find out when Saturn was making a different aspect to your sun (it would have squared it roughly 7 years ago, opposed it roughly 14 etc). Think about what happened then, consider any Saturnian themes that arose.
Just in case anyone ever has a similar query and pulls up this thread in a search... I found the above most insightful! It really gave me a great direction of where to look, as a pattern or similar concern during these time periods did emerge. And the house of Saturn in both my natal and relocation chart illustrated this further. It is very clear, as to what it refers to! :)

Doing the relocation chart was most interesting! I suppose because I could relate in an 'adult' way to the subtle (and for me they are subtle) differences between the place of my birth and the place where I live and call home. As I had lived there as an adult for the past year, if I have had only the recollection of a 7 year old, then I doubt it would have had the same impact.

Personally, I prefer my natal chart, it is where I was born and what was happening in the sky at that moment in time. But I will still consider the relocation chart as an aside. Funnily enough, they kinda say the same thing, in different ways, and I'll be investigating that further... ha ha... tis my nature, whether I am in Western Australia or England! :) Seeker of mysteries! That's me! :D

paradoxx

Venus is now in Virgo, and going stationary, this is a good time to see how this inner planet affects your chart, with Saturn close behind--well Venus is preparing us and allowing us to store up on resources for Saturn's inbound aspects.

Enchanted

Thanks for the tip Paradoxx! :)

willowfox

When you use transits, you only use one degree apply and one degree separating. Personally I don't see anything to worry about when Saturn hits your ascendant, and when Saturn hits Mars you may feel, kind of tired and have less energy to throw about and rather frustrated, but this limitation only lasts a very short time so you have nothing to worry about.

Stick to your natal chart and transits, do not muddy the water by playing around with relocation charts.

Enchanted

Thanks for that information Willowfox! :)

When you say, in regard to transits one degree apply and one degree separating, do you mean one degree either side of the degree position in the natal chart? Sorry if that is a dumb question but like I said in my first post, I don't really know much about how to interpret where the planets are now in terms of how that effects the natal chart. But I'm learning, or trying to! :D

The relocation chart was interesting, and certainly helped clear out a few cobwebs from the astrology file in my brain, if nothing else. I can see an application in some of the things that came up, just little details, certain trends and traits that I noticed from being in the place of my birth recently and now back home. Very interesting! Personally, I feel that nothing can replace the natal chart though, even though I have some tricky placements, I'm not gonna trade it for the relocation one, tempting as that might be. :)

Well only two more days left in July and the end of my Saturn-Sun conjuction. :party: Roll on August, or better yet, September, when at last I will have a Spring. Two Autumns and Winters back to back is not a good idea!

willowfox

Enchanted said:
When you say, in regard to transits one degree apply and one degree separating, do you mean one degree either side of the degree position in the natal chart?

Well only two more days left in July and the end of my Saturn-Sun conjuction.

Yes, I meant one degree either side of the degree position in the natal chart.

Also, you mention that the end of July will be the end of your Sun/ Saturn conjunction, are you applying the one degree rule, if so that would put your Sun in roughly 22/23 degrees Leo and the problematic conjunction would only last a couple of weeks.

isthmus nekoi

Enchanted said:
Thanks so much isthmus nekoi, I will look at all this again tomorrow, when my brain is fresh and not fried as it currently is at 11:30pm and looking at Saturn all day long! :)

So just to clarify I should look at the houses that Saturn and Leo are in and any aspects? And the house that Saturn is currently transiting? Oh, where did I leave my brain, on one of Saturn's rings! :D

I will look up the relocation thing as that is just an aside that peaked my curiosity! And wondered what it meant. Curiosity killed the cat! :D

Thanks again! :) My brain feels less like onions! :)

Sorry for the late reply, Enchanted. I check into AT sporadically these days. Yes, I would check all those things:

1) house that Leo is cusping (b/c this is the house that the natal sun rules)
2) house transiting Saturn is in
3) natal Saturn house and aspects

I would put more interpretive weight to the house Saturn's transiting in than the house Leo cusps.

Enchanted

Thanks for answering my questions willowfox and isthmus nekoi! :)
willowfox said:
Yes, I meant one degree either side of the degree position in the natal chart.

Also, you mention that the end of July will be the end of your Sun/ Saturn conjunction, are you applying the one degree rule, if so that would put your Sun in roughly 22/23 degrees Leo and the problematic conjunction would only last a couple of weeks.
I thought that was what you meant but wanted to check to make sure.

With regard to the Saturn-Sun Conjunction it is true that this time, using the one degree rule that it started at the beginning of July and will end on the 2nd of August, so yes only a month. However, this is the second or third time of conjunction (depending on how you look at it) since October 2006, when in December 2006 it went retrograde at 25 degrees Leo, me being 24 degrees, its retrograde motion lengthened the conjunction to the end of January 2007. So when it turned direct again in April 2007, it headed back for another conjunction.

I think it also doesn't help that I have four planets in Leo, Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus so at one time or another in Saturn's journey through Leo it has been in conjunction quite often with one or another planet. Also I don't think that it helps that I have a very close Sun-Mercury conjunction natally.

I would say that at the moment and since October last year, third decan Leo's have been feeling the effects of Saturn due to the retrograde motion at 25 degrees.

It's also interesting to me that this final conjunction was at the beginning of July and I began this thread then. So when my tarot reading said look to Saturn, it was I guess warning me of this conjunction coming up again. Only I didn't know that then.