8 of wands as FEELINGS?

perthia

I've never posted on here before, but I've been coming to these forums for what seems like forever any time I would have a question about a recent spread. I finally have a question I can't find an answer to! Haha :)

The last 3 readings I've tried to do, I got the 8 of wands in the EXACT same position, no matter WHAT spread I did.

How does he currently feel about me? - 8 of wands.

every.
time.

The 3rd time just happened about 10 minutes ago, and the cards are obviously trying to get the message across with that one... so... anyone have any input? I know the basic idea and meaning behind the 8 of wands, but I've never had it come up in a position of how someone feels about me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
PS - Happy Halloween :)
PS again - I use the Rider Waite deck.

starrystarrynight

Tingly and passionate...but sometimes 8 of Wands' feelings are fleeting and lead only to a quickie affair.

jenessa

Likewise happy halloween .. not sure how to read this as "feelings", tho if we associate Wands with drive, ambition, wants, needs, and desires .. and 8s with movement, then in a general sense this card can be read to suggest: movement towards goals.

Also @ times the 8 of Wands can relate to: movement onto or into something else.

So either way, perhaps the reoccurence of this card is emphasizing that he "feels the NEED for" >> "movement" in your relationship.

Put another way, movement in the relationship is his "goal", so what he's "feeling" is the "NEED" to achieve his aim.

& As far as his "aim" (<< the "type of movement" within the context of his relationship/interaction with you), and the way in which this would manifest, this would depend on the surrounding cards.

Just a few thots/REGARDS/jenessa
PS: you appear to be alot like me in that you don't "post" much, given that this site is such a wealth of info. that more often than not we can "find" what we're looking for just by reading thru the various threads.
PPS: I just edited this & noticed "starry's reply" .. and yes, i agree that "passion" is indicated by this card and that it could "manifest quickly". So another way to interpret this would be that he's feeling ready to make his move where your concerned, which could be positive or negative depending on the surrounding cards.

GypsyDreams

8 of wands can mean he likes you and wants things to move along. He finds it easy to communicate with you.

If it's someone you are not involved with it means they are interested in you in a passionate kind of way.

PAMUYA

Feelings with the 8 of Wands: He is feeling it is time to make his move, having a meaningful conversation to learn more about you. He is unsure of his feelings but feels the time is closing fast.

Congrats on your first post! Love to hear your thoughts on tarot.

perthia

thank you!

Thank you all so much for your replies and insight. It helped in understanding things a little better. I kind of had a "feeling" it would go in that direction as far as the meaning is concerned... so I'm glad I was kind of on the right path in reading the cards :) Also... I'm really very into this guy... and we are exactly at the point where we should be learning more about each other, moving forward, etc. I'll be crossing my fingers, haha.

Thank you all again!

PS - Jenessa - VERY TRUE... this forum is SUCH a wealth of info... I usually just google and 99% of the time, the top search answer brings me to aeclectic :) i love that.

Alissa

I would add it could also be interpretted as having the feeling that things are moving very fast, maybe too fast?, within the relationship. If you think you're pushing him, even "chasing" him, then I'd advise to pull back and give him space, and time to adjust.

:D

Amanda

I would say another possible interpretation is self-satisfied. But a negative of this card would be even more shallow than a negative 9 of Cups, if that were the case. But, it could also be indicating that this person hasn't taken much notice of you for one reason or another- super busy, or something.. and so no solid feelings have taken hold.

jenessa

a lil more feedback

perthia, we are on the same page so to speak LOL

Also as far as interpreting 8 Wands within the context of your question, Alissa's post is indeed another way of interpreting this card, in the sense that he may currently feel that things are "moving VERY fast", given that as she has noted 8 Wands can be about "RAPID movement".

Furthermore and having said that, what Amanda_04 posted is yet another way to read this card, because under the influence of this 8 he could indeed be super "busy", given that @ times it can be read as: a sudden explosion of "movement & ACTIVITY" in someone's affairs.

In addition to which, and as the 8 of Wands is in "essence" a card of movement, it is NOT a card that refers to something solid .. so her "insight" in this regard is right-on.

It's hard to nail down a correct interpretation without knowing what the other cards drawn were & the positional meanings of the spread used, but then again to approach your query this way would be more like something we'd be looking @ in the "your readings forum". But as far as the many different ways to interpret this card, the last couple of posts are also valid considerations. Not to mention that another way to read this might be that his feelings are "DEVELOPING quickly" .. so nothing solid yet, but things have been set in motion*.

Hmmn, I guess time will tell, so feel free to resurrect this thread by posting WHEN this plays out, cuz the more "feedback" the better!/REGARDS/jenessa

SirRushing

Horny and easy, because usually horny people are easy and vice versa. Basically, responding without thinking. You take things by first glance without investigating if something is too good to be true. You see a man in a good suit and you automatically think he is rich, highly educated with a good job and a gentlemen, when he could be poor, haven't finished 8th grade and working at McDonald's and be abusive, but he just so happen to have acquired a good suit that was probably given to him as a charity gift.

8 wands is about having first impressions and being so turned on by them that you are willing to jump into a situation without questioning the big picture.