5 of Swords as feelings

gorgeousbutterfly

yeah it is horrible, sorry i went a little off the tanget there, i guess i just needed to vent this.

its obvious i'm still mad, lol well it was really hard dating someone like this because i truley felt very brainwashed by him in so many ways. he was sent to a psychological training camp for a year because in high school he got in trouble and would run away from often , well that place is considered to be a cult, and the people who work there are doing it by "experiment" and they have no degrees or credientials, they were just all one by one been brainwashed. its very sad and extremeley cruel. there has been more then a few who felt it got so bad commited suicide.

kwaw

a_shikhs said:
I recently did a relationship spread for someone where I got 5 of Swords as how the guy feels about the girl. What could this mean??

Swords = war, 5 = V = Pope = a war undertaken with papal sanction = crusade:

So perhaps he feels she is something of a crusader, someone who "exerts herself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for." [from online dictionary]. Swords are also a symbol of Justice and the Law, and the Pope a reference then to Ecclesiastic rather than secular law, leading to the idea of the 'benefit of the clergy', a possible interpretion of which could be that he feels that through her position, or sheer force of personality, she is able to get away with things that other people can't, or simply that she is a bit of a bully that he prefers to have on his side rather than against him. More positively perhaps someone he feels he can trust and rely upon to back him up and stick up for him in any situation [as long as he remains on her side]; or a bully, a battleaxe, someone who is always right and likes to evangelise and to browbeat others and bulldoze their way through life.

Kwaw

kwaw

a_shikhs said:
They just kinda like each other.

So if by how does he feel about her you mean what does he like about her one turns maybe the negative into a positive, eg, instead of 'bulldozer' think he likes her complete disregard for anything that stands in the way of what she wants or where she is going. He likes that she stands up for her friends and things she believes in, etc. If it were a sexual rather than platonic relationship, then he likes to be dominated and the way she kicks him... where it hurts:)

Kwaw

a_shikhs

kwaw said:
So if by how does he feel about her you mean what does he like about her one turns maybe the negative into a positive, eg, instead of 'bulldozer' think he likes her complete disregard for anything that stands in the way of what she wants or where she is going. He likes that she stands up for her friends and things she believes in, etc. If it were a sexual rather than platonic relationship, then he likes to be dominated and the way she kicks him... where it hurts

This friend of mine met this guy at a common class. She's hardly spoken to him but is attracted towards hima nd feels that he too is attracted towards her. So she wanted to know his feeling for her.. :)

But wont 5 of Swords denote something negative here. Like maybe he thinks ill of her or something..

kwaw

a_shikhs said:
This friend of mine met this guy at a common class. She's hardly spoken to him but is attracted towards hima nd feels that he too is attracted towards her. So she wanted to know his feeling for her.. :)

But wont 5 of Swords denote something negative here. Like maybe he thinks ill of her or something..

I would retain the more negative connotations, yes, 'a loud mouth know it all who doesn't let others get a word in edgeways' - unless he has a domination kink and would like her to take control;) 'Feels she gets away with things other people can't', has undue and unfair influence or attention in the class? Or perhaps, he is indeed 'distracted' by her. Whatever, 5 of swords, whatever the attraction, is saying 'don't go there'.

Kwaw

ana luisa

Maybe the 5 of swords is trying to say that he sees her as a little too into herself, her own needs,independent and that might make him uneasy or uncertain about taking the first step.Maybe he sees her as so "together" that this aura may look hostile... But there´s surely mutual interest here.

BrightEye

what gorgeousbutterfly said about a no win situation may also apply in a different context. in my readings it has at times meant that whoever feels a 5 of swords feeling twds you thinks s/he is in a no win situation because you are not for them, ie inaccessible for a variety of reasons, and they feel they are best to leave it alone.

Sophie

It's possible that he has a very defeatist attitude towards her, or relationships in general - that is, even if he likes her, he feels there's no point pursuing a relationship because he'll fail anyway. Do you know his life circumstances? He might be recovering from a failed romance - or more than one! (if you've had enough heartbreaks, you start getting very pessimistic about love); he might be engaged to someone he's not that keen on but whom his family want to marry; he might be a pessimist by nature. In other words - he might have persuaded himself, for what appears perfectly logical reasons (to him), that there's no point in feeling anything for her.

Al Si'ra

i agree with bright eye on this interpretation..but i don't know if it applies to the original situation..though when appearing in such a position i saw it to be meaning exactly like this..but none of the persons are happy about it..the one leaving..the one being left..
:love:

Adjustment

I had before the 5 of swords sowing up in a reding i did for a female friend about how a guy felt for her and this was the situation, This guy was very attracted to her, they were both very different, in background and age, she was married, so this guy felt he couldn't win her and that she was out rich for him. he saw her as a very dominant strong woman that somehow made him feel inferior, since she was elusive and hard to be approach. I think this was a huge challenge for him, he was affraid to approach to her because she was already in a relationship, he also felt intimadated by her and her personality. It was a loosing battle for him. he didn't know what to do about the whole thing and felt emabarassed.