just looking for opinions...

full deck

Droll . . .

It is an interesting illustration style. It reminds me in small ways of Lautrec and Beardsley. Some of the females look as if they are actually in drag (the faces), which is an amusing thought. I wonder what "Le Monde" would look like (what's under that drapery?). The pallete is nice.

The little dog in "Le Mat" is a bit *too* cute and does not quite seem to fit (style-wise). A make-over perhaps? The rest holds together well.

I would encourage your subversive bent in imagery; just *slightly* mocking, almost demi-monde in bent, simply because there is nothing out here quite like it.

Keep refining the line art too.

BoomVoom

hi full deck.

it's funny that you should acuse my women of being drag queens! :D
up till now every body only acused my men of being gay! ;)
now i'm beguinning to worry! :joke:
as for the little dog, i think i will keep him as he is. i could have made him a fowl beast tearing at the fools leg, but i whant to keep the deck neutral...
i'll concider it.

thanks for your opinion and critique.
i'll see what i can do about the drag queen thing at least... ;)

BoomVoom

full deck

My, but they are dear!

BoomVoom said:
it's funny that you should acuse my women of being drag queens! :D
up till now every body only acused my men of being gay! ;)

You see, this is why the look and feel is so "demi-monde", almost *scandalous* to the proper folks. I'd definitely keep the drag look of "La Papesse" and some of the others; it gives the deck this striking twist that is unique. They look almost brazen but the colors are so soft! What contradictions therein! Don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg. If you have the proper mind for it, it is ok.

Remember, in many decks "Le Monde" has drapery across her private parts and the secret (some believe) is this is so because she is a hermaphrodite. This may have something to do with the medical fact that *all* off-spring of true hermaphrodites are male -- always -- and supposedly the virgin birth of Jesus took place because Mary was a true hermaphrodite who was self-impregnated -- something that does occur in Cocker Spaniels but has never been recorded in medical history as having occurred in human beings. There are other reasons as well.

BoomVoom

hey full deck

that's very interesting, i alwais thayght that hermaphrodites where unable to reproduce...
but i see what you're getting at.

the fact is that i've already drawn all the pictures, now i just have to colore them. le mond is pregnant, and "like most of my women" big brested. infact i think i'll try to up load her in black and whight and put a link here if you'r curious.

thanks!

BoomVoom

full deck

It's got draperies!

Yeah, it's a nice sketch. It should work fine.
Heavens, what *is* under that drapery?

Just don't get bland man; those contradictions are the spice.

BoomVoom

thanks again.
i'll just keep on going then...

BoomVoom

Tor

A beautiful deck!

I admire your skills!

:)

SingingTarot

I definitely love this deck. It's very fresh and the design reminds me a lot of ballet dancers postures. The colors are very appealing to me as well.
I love the sky as well, great job! ;)

Great Job!

Alice

BoomVoom

thanks alot Balder and SingingTarot.

sorry to keep bringing this up but the sky isn't a card. it's just my desk top. that's a snapshot i took of my screen. :D