Gothicky Kyds Tarot

sacredashes

Am SO glad you guys like this project. Been pouring through a lot of pictures of children lately... in their most natural state.

I find the challenge lies in translating that into tarot without compromising one or the other.

Like the lil' tower, for instance. Trying to capture the meaning of the card without taking away the child-like theme; keeping that balance isn't easy but the style is fun to draw.

I've always liked the big, sad eyes kind of artwork in portraying children. Its so adorable yet so haunting... Had to try it :D

:heart:

shadowdancer

well, guess who is late to the party - again !! :D

These are divine. And great artwork again Ash. Heck I wish I had a 10th of the talent you have in just your little finger....lol.

sacredashes

shadowdancer said:
well, guess who is late to the party - again !! :D

These are divine. And great artwork again Ash. Heck I wish I had a 10th of the talent you have in just your little finger....lol.

D!! :heart:

Far from late, the party just started :D

Your gift, I think, lies in the written word... which imo, has its own power ;)

gregory

sacredashes said:
LOL.. well this is a pleasant surprise... I didn't think the Kyds would draw such a crowd and so quickly too! Man... Should have started with the Kyds and not The Diary.. :p... that includes you, gregory ;) it took forever to win you over!!! :D
Not exactly.... Long story. But - I expect I am still a kid, see :D

sacredashes

lil choices

Because children don't have the same prejudices we do. Innocence and Purity do not judge others by what they have; how rich, how poor, how much, how little, where from, how successful.. etc, etc, etc.

In the land of the Kyds, the lovers have a choice to make... enter the witch's toad-stool into a world of alternate reality or go to school as "Trainee Adults" under programing... and learn to play by the rules like all the other kids their age...

tough one... })

Attachments

• lil choices1.jpg
    lil choices1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 85

Wendywu

I am loving this deck Ash. I'll take the mushroom over the school any day :)

Alta

Yes, and I expect that those choices are more more difficult than ever now. wow, having so many thoughts about this card and what is evoked about childhood in general and as usual limited by my inability to express myself well.

I think the world has to be so much more puzzling and frightening to children because of the lack of framework. But that very lack is what gives them at least a chance to think and feel freely.

sacredashes

Using fairy-tale settings and children as the harbinger of change, I'm hoping these images bring back memories of what it was like being a child.. because there is a child in each of us who had to "grow up" and leave that wonderful place behind.

The background images I am using to accompany the children are borrowed from references like :

Mushroom..
... symbol of male virility; however, in China they are a symbol of rebirth and happiness. In Mexico they signify enlightenment, and in some African tribes they are seen as a symbol for the human soul.

Tigerlily..
... The fiery tiger lily signify, I challenge you to love me. It also symbolizes pride and prosperity.

Iris..
..In Greek mythology, the goddess of the rainbow, Iris transported women's souls to the underworld, becoming the flower associated with death. Armed with a valid passport to the dark side, Iris became a messenger of the gods and stood for "good news" or a "message". Its three petals came to symbolize faith, valor, and wisdom.

So the children depicted in this card are faced with something both exciting and scary at the same time.. the Unknown. ;)

cronegoddess54

What a great deck you have in the making.....love them!
CG

sacredashes

lil hierophant

cronegoddess54... thank you!! glad you like this project. just read your comment about your feelings on black and white decks so i must say, i deeply appreciate the compliment :heart:

lil hierophant

Studying is a very big thing in this household; so much so that the kids get so stressed up going to school, they have mastered the art of inducing vomit to skip it altogether.

:bugeyed: Yes.. In the morning, they have tummy aches and when they get to stay home sick, they are on computer games screaming at each other...

My favorite of the lot, I have been told.. has a signature posture when it comes to homework.. or studying for the matter. It looks something like this. I have seen the same behavior when it comes to going to church too.. as long as its not his preferred activity, this is what he looks like.

But we have to go through the process regardless. Its called growing up :D and learning how to "behave" is part of that process; as is learning about choices; learning about everything...

With this deck, I have decided to "k.i.s.s" it. Butterfly = Meaning

1+1=2 ;)

Attachments

• lil hierophant1.jpg
    lil hierophant1.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 75