the soul of each card

Sayonaran

It's me again, and I'm still designing those cards.. <argh!>

I've done 150 total, with three different versions and 33 extra I've doodled on my own time. I'm not sure how I'm going to get it right, with the symbolisim and colors, etc... How do I know these cards are correct?

Also, my good friend is working at an angle here. I'm not sure if she wants them to reflect her native am heritage or a lot of other things. I'm basically locked im my closet tearing my hair out!

Since these cards are hand drawn in inks and watercolor, how can i transfer them to the pc if they're ever available for publishing?

Thanx ahead of time!

HudsonGray

You should be able to scan them into the computer unless they're really large size (larger than your scanner's frame area). The only problem after they're scanned would be a color balance with the watercolors. Most scanners are pretty good now, but watch the deep reds and blues, which are the most likely colors to be 'off' if reprinted.

Major Tom

Sayonaran said:
I've done 150 total, with three different versions and 33 extra I've doodled on my own time.

Wow! You've been busy! :eek:

Sayonaran said:
I'm not sure how I'm going to get it right, with the symbolisim and colors, etc... How do I know these cards are correct?

Some people make it up as they go along. :laugh: Depends on what you want. Correct to tarot would be 78 cards: 22 majors and 56 minors. Four court cards in each of 4 suits. Is that the sort of thing you want?

Sayonaran said:
I'm basically locked im my closet tearing my hair out!

Please stop tearing your hair and come on out here in the light. We'll help you if we can. :)

Sayonaran said:
Since these cards are hand drawn in inks and watercolor, how can i transfer them to the pc if they're ever available for publishing?

My friend HudsonGray gives good advice. Why don't you scan a few and post here so we can see them? ;)

Sayonaran

it's not that, but...

the cards I'm making are not huge. They're index size... you know, almost the size of the kind you can buy at Walgreens or another.

At the moment, I'm trying to wrack my brains to get into this symbolisim, color meanings, etc. of all this. I didn't know tarot card creation could be so hard! <argh!>

Other than that, the deck(s) I'm doing so far have three various themes: Guardian (protector/keeper/angel), Samurai, and Native American... I'm stuck right now since my friend likes them all, and wants to intergrate them.... somehow...

What are your thoughts?

Also note: they're in a manga-esque form, something you'd likely see from Shonen Jump. I wonder if that's allowed...? (and that's the way I draw anyhows, aside from my watercolors...)

Major Tom

Re: it's not that, but...

Sayonaran said:
the cards I'm making are not huge. They're index size... you know, almost the size of the kind you can buy at Walgreens or another.

At the moment, I'm trying to wrack my brains to get into this symbolisim, color meanings, etc. of all this. I didn't know tarot card creation could be so hard! <argh!>

Index card size sounds fine to me. :)

Don't wrack your brains by trying to do them all at once. Tarot has a definite form so it's easy to do them one at a time. Look at Thirteen's Tarot Basics http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/basics/index.html

You could also go through what you have matching to the form of Tarot.

Creating a tarot deck - one card at a time - is a great way to learn tarot.

There's so many things you can do with a tarot deck you've created yourself once you get past the idea of selling them. :laugh: