Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Mateo06

Update
For my IDS I have only done the fool. Did a little story on him. It was badly written and the idea quickly faded away, but I have now tried to reorganise the Hanson Robert Study group in effort to learn more. I am going to read the posts already up, and add my own.
Best of Luck to you

P.S I am still trying to fight the urge to order Tarocco delle Vetrate. It's not going to last long. I feel I am going to give in once I have the money. I have the money I am just using the broke excuse not to order it.

hshaffery

Mateo06 said:
Update
For my IDS I have only done the fool. Did a little story on him. It was badly written and the idea quickly faded away, but I have now tried to reorganise the Hanson Robert Study group in effort to learn more. I am going to read the posts already up, and add my own.
Best of Luck to you

Do you always write stories for the cards, or was this unusual? :surprise: And was it something you devised consciously or something that came to mind? I keep having little stories come to mind to go along with my cards as I've been studying them, and it's been really helpful in understanding individual cards and their place in the suit. :cool5:

Mateo06

I had a whole story planned out. I would start with the fool card. The fool was the main character. The narrator was the world told in 3rd person omniscient. The fool would go on his journey through the major arcana, but before he met each person he would have to go through trials or tribulations represented by the minors related to the major. I.e before he met the magician he would have to go through the aces. I realized this was a bit too much to take on during school.

No one else take it. It is my idea. Haha

hshaffery

Mateo06 said:
I had a whole story planned out. I would start with the fool card. The fool was the main character. The narrator was the world told in 3rd person omniscient. The fool would go on his journey through the major arcana, but before he met each person he would have to go through trials or tribulations represented by the minors related to the major. I.e before he met the magician he would have to go through the aces. I realized this was a bit too much to take on during school.

No one else take it. It is my idea. Haha

That's pretty fantastic! Good luck with it once you can squeeze it in around the studies. :)

nicky

I can't stand that everyone is having such fun and learning so much so I am gonna join in... with the Thoth ... I am such a RWS gal and have wanted to master (ha!) the Thoth for eons.. so I am gonna take the plunge.

As for pledges: at this point I will say I am pledging to do something with the Thoth every day.. whether it is a daily read, a reread of the DuQuette book, or whatever... I will OWN this mofo Thoth by the end of this study.

rwcarter

Welcome aboard nicky! I've added you to the master list.

nicky said:
I will OWN this mofo Thoth by the end of this study.
You GO girl! :laugh:

Rodney

ariela

Good Goddess! I have to join too.......I am working hard with my Transparent Tarot and have been exclusively using it since I got it. So, I pledge to work with the T.T. for the next 6 months......

Love your posts on it Rodney, and the spreads you made kick ass.

rachelcat

Another Thothite Here!

I actually came up with this (latest!) studying scheme over the weekend. I've been unsettled and angst-y about not knowing what deck/s I'm wanting to read with and if, after almost 20 years, I'm still just randomly looking for the One.

So I did a bit of deck interviewing and it all came down to what I really already knew and forgot--the Thoth is my primary deck. I just need to get back to connecting with it.

So here's the plan, otherwise known as:

Rachelcat's IDS Pledge

I pledge to study the Thoth now until April 29. (Readers Studio starts April 30!) That's approximately 98 days.

I will draw a card a day in the evening for the following day. I will post notes based on my impressions and knowledge and books (I have five books on this deck!) I will also post what I think it may mean as a card of the day and follow up the next day about the accuracy of my "predictions."

(That's 78 cards in 98 days, giving me some wiggle room.)

I will also use a Thoth card in the 21 Ways Adept study group.

(I hope this is not too much against the IDS spirit. If it is, let me know. But for now,) I will explore the Thoth-inspired decks already in my collection in connection with the card a day study as the spirit moves me.

I do not pledge to stop buying and trading decks, but I will do so in the consciousness that any buying will not be in the spirit of looking for The One, but in the spirit of rounding out my collection!

Ok, that's it! I look forward to supporting other IDSers and to your support!

(Off to change my signature!)

nicky

wooo hoooooo rachelcat I may be stealing some of your ideas..

Rodney, anyone...where are we posting our stuff or are we??

I am pretty pumped about this :)

rwcarter

ariela said:
Good Goddess! I have to join too.......I am working hard with my Transparent Tarot and have been exclusively using it since I got it. So, I pledge to work with the T.T. for the next 6 months......

Love your posts on it Rodney, and the spreads you made kick ass.
ariela, welcome aboard. Another TT user! Woohoo!!!!! Glad you're enjoying the spreads.

rachelcat, welcome! That makes three Thothers (Thothies? Thothites?)

nicky, it all depends on what "stuff" you're referring to. This thread is primarily for your highs and lows about your studies. Specific questions or discoveries about the Thoth should probably go in the Thoth forum since there doesn't appear to be a study group for the deck. A general update about your studies would be fine here, but the posting of any form or format that you're following probably shouldn't go here.

If you want definitive answers, you should PM MeeWah, Alta and Sulis, who will collectively decide what's appropriate. Hopefully when one of them scan through the thread, they'll chime in to let everyone know.

Rodney