The Tree Angel Oracle

Sulis

TheArchangelsBoy said:
Can I ask why you and Milfoil constantly refer to me referencing the Underworld as 'hell' or 'evil' or 'bad' when I haven't refered to it in that way at all? Nor have I even brought Christianity into this whole conversation! I can only guess that you have assumed Angel = Christianity.

And yes the deck isn't actually doing anything - I know that. It seems my point is lost and my original question remains unanswered. Maybe this is just a sign that this place is not meant for open discussion as I thought it was...oh well. Whatever...

Hi Archangelboy,

Your opening post inferred that one of the reasons why your archangel 'wouldn't let you touch this deck' and one of the reasons why your friend warned you off this deck was something to do with a spread that 'got in touch with the underworld'.
It was your inference that somehow 'the underworld' or the deck was something bad.
I'm sorry if I jumped to the conclusion that you were equating this 'underworld' with some sort of negativity (or even the Christian Hell) but you seemed to think that 'the underworld' was negative in some way - it's often difficult to get a point across in a purely written medium such as this one.

I have not assumed that Angels = Christianity at all.

Milfoil and I have both answered you by saying that we have never come across a deck (or an angel or a guide) that specifically told us to do or not do something.
We answered with our experiences, as you asked.

You have then gone on to state that the deck has tried to get you to do a spread that you don't want to do.
I have never heard of anything like this and doubt very much that a deck could try to get you to do a spread against your will.
As I said before, the power in a reading or in a deck of cards comes from the person using that deck of cards, there is no inherent power in the cards, only what you give it.

We seem to be having an open discussion.
What type of 'open discussion' is it that you want?

6 Haunted Days

TheArchangelsBoy said:
Oh yeah...and my original question was asking if anyone had any experience with this deck. :)

Many times (most times) a post can veer off into other directions, people asking questions about things in your post or whatnot. All answers or questions just don't have to deal with just the one question asked. I think the others here are/were just trying to get an idea what YOUR views are on the Underworld as it seems a place you (or your guide is telling you not too) are wary of going.

No you didn't mention Hell or Christanity, but I think since you mentioned having a fear or holding back from using that spread or card some might have thought you had the more "mainstream" views on it, know what I mean?

So....what ARE your views on the Underworld? I am interested :)

Milfoil

I personally feel that this is a very productive thread.

Rarely do we see a deck of cards create such concern in someone.

I would like to think that such open debate and even heated discussion is condusive to real learning on all sides.

It would be great to hear what your understanding of the symbols and concepts of this deck are TheArchangelsBoy and since you have a copy and I don't, I would love to learn more.

a_shikhs

TheArchangelsBoy said:
Oh yeah...and my original question was asking if anyone had any experience with this deck. :)
I had bought this deck a few months ago when I had gone for vacation but didnt connect with it. The cards are breathtaking and beautiful but I found it very difficult to read with it. Thus I gave it to friend who is quite happy with it. All the cards are based on different trees and I wasnt quite happy with the interpretations of each card. I found it very difficult to use it for divination.

6 Haunted Days

I guess he doesn't want too discuss his personal views on the subjects mentioned or such. Oh well.