native american cards - lo scarabeo

BrightEye

i was just browsing the ls website and came across these cards. i'm always a bit suspicious about native american stuff because so much has been romanticized, but these cards look lovely. i'm researching native american history at the moment and i'm kind of drawn to the cards for that reason too. anybody use them?

Logiatrix

Is this a new oracle? I'm only aware of the
LS Native American Tarot, which caused a
bit of a stir over in the Tarot Deck threads.

A new NA themed oracle intrigues me...
Any scans we can see?
:)

BrightEye

i've no scans myself, but if you google native american cards lo scarabeo, youll get them.

i've read the discussion on the native american tarot and i agree with the romanticization. althoug i had my eye on the tarot as well. i just love the theme, always have done, even though i shouldn't.

the n a cards are a 33-card divination deck, isuppose similar in style and size to the wiccan cards, which are a favourite deck of mine.

Logiatrix

Here's some pics!

I found a place with images of the Native American Cards.
They really are quite pretty.
Thank you for calling attention to the deck, BrightEye...
:)

EDITED to add:
I just found a review on this deck that you might find interesting.
Personally, I REFUSE to be tempted!
(Yeah, like that's ever worked! LOL!)
})

BrightEye

thanks for this, logiatrix. what do you think of the cards? are they more than just pretty pictures?

i really like the wiccan cards, so i'm wondering whether these will be just as good.

celeste

I am waiting for this deck in the mail as we speak.

BrightEye

celeste said:
I am waiting for this deck in the mail as we speak.
will you let us know what you think of it?

Sophie

Get the Lakota Sweat Lodge cards instead. Much closer to the real deal.

Fallen Angel

I got the native American Tarot last week, personally I think the images are much stronger on the tarot version than this one.

But I will have to look up the threads on the Tarot version, I must admit although the cards themselves are beautiful, Im finding it hard to get anything from them, plus the meanings given in the accompanying booklet are loosely linked to the cards. I just find it difficult to read with them !!

Hopefully the oracle version is more informative.

FA.x

ps...thanks for mentioning the tarot related thread, just had a read now I see why Im having problems !

Mi-Shell

.....I just thought I mention, that I opened up a thread on the NA Tarot by LS in the Tarot Cards forum.
I would love, if you could give some advice and some inpit!
Thanks
MI-Shell