Quantum Tarot: The Six Swords

nisaba

Today when I was idly shuffling my copy of the Quantum, the Six Swords and the Eight Cups flew out of the deck. I think someone's trying to tell me something ... <grin>.

I decided to allow that accidental draw decide what cards I was going to discuss tonight, but alas, I've already talked about the Eight Cups. Never mind, there's still the Six Swords. This system ties the card in with fermions and bosons, sub-atomic particles which in the case of bosons behave even more strangely than many other very small objects - they can exist in the same place at the same time! The accompanying booklet suggests that this may parallel a sensation of crowding, as in a packed room or lift - and I know when I am shoulder to shoulder with a mass of seething strangers in a lift or some other confine, I am only too eager to escape when the doors open!

The image, in shades of pink, lilac and black (reminding me of the pink'n'black twins, but that's another story), shows us three swords pointing up and inwards from the bottom of the card, mirrored by three swords pointing in and down from the top. The top-three Swords are pointed at a star or star-cluster at the heart of a pink nebula, with shadowy birds flying through the nebula. These top Swords are skewering one particle each - the lower Swords are only skewering a pale reflection of these particles. The reflections and the originals are joined by lightning-strikes, the deck's argot for energy discharges and energy connections. In hte cloudiness in the top-third of the card is a subtle hint at a face, whilst at the bottom is some quite incongruous water, with a hint of a whale's tail-fluke slapping or diving into the water.

An interesting image, with the water that I think is primarily Pixie's fault in recent decks in an Airy card, set firmly in an intergalactic and subatomic landscape that can contain no possible Air. The traditional feeling of movement that has always been in this card is still there, though: particles jostling for space in much the same way we may sometimes, in our lives, feel a need to move away from the familiar to find a better space for ourselves.

The suggested question attached to this card is "What do you need to move away from?" I personally would have preferred "What do you need to move towards" as to me this card is not so much about escape as about reaching for better things, but I could be very wrong about these things.

Surja76

Yes interesting card. I am not sure but it seems to me there are Fireballs. Atmosphere is discharged. Process of elektrolization - is the process of removing the charged dust from objects that are rubbing against each other. This means that the process of clarifying the relationship involves a clarification of the situation, a difficult problem, which displays the card 6 of swords. We need to clarify the situation, open eyes to something, to remove the dust accumulated misunderstandings and innuendos, rid, get rid of illusions in order to make any problem clear.

This card indicates our desire to discover the truth, the truth in certain situations, that is the desire to shed light (light in the centre of the card) on the situation. When the atmosphere is rising, it must be defused. Sometimes it is enough a normal conversation, in order everything fell into place, but sometimes we avoid direct confrontation, prefer to escape to lick our emotional wounds (water). Sometimes we escape to the world of illusions in which we feel more comfortable and where we made calm.

This can be the symbol of a deep human's fear of Death. Light in the middle of the card can display the light of the tunnel the survivors of clinical death usually see. Lightning discharge, as the level of electroshock during the medical intensive reanimation of the heart (3 swords up and 3 of swords down). As 6 of wands sometimes can describe people dead because of the mistake of the doctor, 6 of swords can describe people who survived clinical Death, birds like a symbol of the human's soul. People who survived clinical death stand up like new ones with new views to this life. They feel antipathy to the style of life which they had before. They change their lives, and sometimes residence.
6 of sword is the card of reanimation.

Birds like a symbol of good news. They fly high in the sky. 6 of swords is the card of artists (water). The card of high ideals and commitment to them, aesthetic hunger, who wants to meet, the quest for the ideal of external beauty, narcissism, and high ideals of love.