Your Most Readable Deck

velvetina

Sometimes it's the RWS for me and sometimes it's the Thoth.

However, if I'm in the RWS zone I really struggle with the Thoth & vice versa! I've been swinging like this for decades!

Padma

As always with this question, the Daniloff jumps to mind for me personally, but then there is some aspect of almost every deck I own that makes it very accurate or readable, because each one seems to tap into the intuition in a different way...they all "work" :) and the more decks you have, the more you are able to read well with all of them, I think.

UrbanBramble

For some reason I have a copy of the Aquarian that reads well for me. I am a believer in energies and I think we just click. Im not even sure that a different copy of the same deck would read as well.

My go to for personal readings is the collective tarot. I love the images and stories built in. But I have spent years learning it and studying the images and it just comes naturally. I dont even have to think about the cards any more, just string them together into a story.

Ace

Gee... I'm feeling a little picked on. Not me just my Thoth deck

Don't be. The Thoth just happens to be a common deck that commonly doesn't work with some people. If the Deviant Moon or the Gill (remember that one?) or the Gay tarot were more common, many people would say they can't work with it either.

The Thoth is a very VERY powerful deck that needs to be treated with a great deal of respect. I don't use it, not because I think it beneath me or "evil" or anything like that, but a deck that strong sends up strong resonance (vibes that don't match with mine) and I can't use it. People that do are different from me. Not bad or "evil" but different.

Very few decks have that incredible ability to vibe like that. I respect the Thoth a lot, I just can't use it.

barb

Jewel

My favorite reading decks are The Victorian Romantic, The Cosmic Tribe, The Fey, and the Fantastic Menagerie. I have been exploring the Tarot of the Sweet Twylight and I think that one will be joining my favorite reading deck category very soon. They are all so different from one another so I pick depending on what the purpose of the reading is. I tried for many years to like the RWS but the art just never spoke to me.

beautifulbooks

Spiral Tarot & Timeless Truth

Spiral Tarot by Kay Steventon and Timeless Truth by Leila Vey have been my most "readable" decks for years now. I use TT especially if there are family issues or conflicts. I have a dozen others and keep studying but I go to those most.

I am finding with my other decks that the court cards are so different and the author/artists LWB or bigger expanded book descriptions & interpretations vary so much. Currently trying to get comfortable with the beautiful Tarot of Delphi. Court cards are very different... but thought provoking.

Thanks for the thread ;)

Kristin

Arimaya

I just bought the Book of Shadows - Below deck today...and was able to use it on a reading for SOMEONE ELSE in, like..an hour. I was so floored! Usually I have to go home, have some alone time with a deck, go through it card by card...use it on myself a while; then I am pretty comfortable. I'm looking forward to playing with it more now!

Lila

The Thoth is a very VERY powerful deck that needs to be treaded with a great deal of respect. I don't use it, not because I think it beneath me or "evil" or anything like that, but a deck that strong sends up strong resonance (vibes that don't match with mine) and I can't use it. People that do are different from me. Not bad or "evil" but different.

Very few decks have that incredible ability to vibe like that. I respect the Thoth a lot, I just can't use it.

barb

I find this really interesting Barb, I tried working with the Thoth but in the end I couldn't even keep the deck in my house. Like you say, it wasn't because I felt it beneath me or 'evil' in any way, it just caused a strong reaction in me that didn't feel right for me. And, like you, I have no problem with other people using it.

As for my most readable deck, I'm another voter for the RWS!

journeyinghome

At the moment, it's a close run thing between the Llewellyn and Sun and Moon :)

celticnoodle

For me, my easiest to read deck, that I just seem to click with is the Robin Wood deck. A customer of mine, and neighbor saw it in a 2nd hand shop for a dollar and she purchased it and gave it to me. :) Perhaps it is so readable because of the good intentions by this customer? It must have belonged to someone who used it a lot too, as it was somewhat worn, but apparently very lovingly so! It came with two extra cards, a blank white card (which is common in a lot of decks, I know) and an extra wheel of fortune card. I use this deck the most, and that customer now gets free readings for life! win/win. :D

I know you didn't ask about oracles, but I feel inclined to include the oracle that I click with too. That is the Tea Leaf oracle by Rae Hepburn. I don't use it as often and rarely for a reading one on one--as it takes awhile to get through it. But, that said, it is an oracle that fascinates me and seems to really stir up the intuition juices in me. I use to do a reading for my most returned customers each year for Christmas--and do a 'new year' reading that would be for the next 12 mos. It always proved to be very accurate, and my customers who received it as a gift were always so thrilled that it kept them coming back. another win/win. :laugh: But, I haven't done that now for a few years. :(