HOF: The Queens

DragonFae

I thought we might add to our knowledge of the Heart of Faery by looking at the cards as they are grouped. So let's look at the Queens.

The Queens:
The Queen of the Golden Bough
The Queen of Bedlam
The Queen of the Night
The Queen of the Day
The Queen of Passage
The Queen of Owls
The Queen of Hearth & Home
The Queen of Shadows
The Queen of Laughter

Support, Frustration, Desire, Blessing, Transition, Wholeness, Welcome, Introspection, Fun.....if you just look at a key word for each Queen ...we see a whole array of human conditions or experiences. Honestly I'm not sure why the Queens are the Queens (no offense fae ladies) While the conditions or experiences are common they are not in my mind royalty...but then again I speak from a human perspective...perhaps in Faery they are not royalty either...perhaps they are simply things that come in ambundance....and that I can see

The Queen of the Golden Bough: spiritual healing, support, and a better understanding of emotional turmoil. She sits ready to assist and help humans gain a better understanding of the emotions that drive them. For the world is not ruled by money and power but by emotions.

The Queen of Bedlam: frustration, insanity, chaos She is the queen of everyday life and the book alludes to how that plays out as responsibility in a relationship BUT I see it more as the Queen of Everyday life...life is chaotic, fast paced, upside down at times and she is here to say let me help you. Escape the madness by embracing me and all of faery...you can ride the chaos like a roller coaster and tomorrow will dawn brighter and better!

The Queen of the Night: desires, longing, inspiration, She will "haunt you" with what it is you/she wants done until it is accomplished...whether it is a great poem or a great relationship...BUT beware sometimes what you want is just an illusion of the night and won't withstand the light of day. Yet I think it is important to keep in mind that sometimes we won't know that unless we take the chance....unless we follow her into the darkness and see what is hidden there.

The Queen of Day: Blessings, calm and wellbeing She wants you to enjoy the moment, be aware of beauty every where and let it flow through your life. She is the rainbow after the rain....she is finding the gem of good in the bad, she is the dawning of a new day...with light and hope.

The Queen of Passage: transition, moving forward, change. This queen speaks of letting go, of seeking new levels, of change that can be simple or profound. She knows the future holds opportunity for growth ...so we do not become stagnant.

The Queen of Owls: wholeness, wellness. The queen of physical healing. She wants to help you find the strength to deal with healing, to become whole and to seek the power inside yourself to heal and become well.

The Queen of Hearth & Home: Welcome, home, the hearth. She remind us that the glowing warmth of home is like no other warmth in our lives. She also encorauges us to "be at home" whereever we are. To feel confident and relaxed as we travel through life. To accept welcome...but most of all to be welcoming to others. This is a gift...to make others at ease and welcome...cultivate it as you would a precious garden.

The Queen of Shadows: Introspection...stop and look at who you are....even the shadow aspects of self have something to teach you. Look at those parts of self that you cultivate and those parts that you leave in the darkness...perhaps there are some that need to see the light of day. Do not leave them shivering alone in the dark shadows,....bring them forth and use them to lead a full vibrant life. If they are less than desirable qualities...by acknowledging them you can make them less powerful in your life....or transform them into something better!

The Queen of Laughter...joy, fun, She speaks of heading joyously into any situation. She says that a sense of joy and fun can add such spice to life that she doesn't understand why humans don't try to more often. Be a little daring, do something out of the ordinary...but most of all...whatever you do...do it with joy and laugh at life!

Those are my thoughts on the Queens...please add your because I am still in the process of getting to know these lovely ladies and would be most delighted to hear what they have been telling you.

merissa_88

Thanks for doing this Dragonfae. I'm new to these two decks.

I have been only doing one card readings with this deck and I haven't drawn these queen cards. So I decided to go through all of them today.

I've noticed that I tend to "get" the energies associated with some of these cards more than others. I feel more comfortable with the Queens of the Night, Shadows, and Laughter. I'm less comfortable or familiar with the other ones. The funny thing is that the unfamiliar Queens are the ones I need to integrate into my life the most.

I somehow misread the Queen of Owls, thought she was another card, and set her aside. Then I had to search through the deck again to find her. That was really funny because I have chronic pain issues that I'm working on right now!

DragonFae

Hmmm.....yeah the meaning of the Queen of Owls sort of surprised me...is there a connection between owls and healing?

Also another thought about the Queens....why are the queens queens and their male counterparts.....queens consorts....interesting.

DragonFae

Another thought....if you compare the Queen of the Golden Bough and the Queen of Owls....one is emotinal healing or growth and the other physical healing.

I find it strange that the Queen of the Golden Bough.... of emotional healing seems a bit aloof and VERY of this world...while the Queen of Owls (physical healing) appears to be almost other worldly...not faery...but spiritual or higher power world-like.

Is it that emotional healing is something that must be accomplished by oneself...it is of the human realm (inner self)...and physical healing requires energy from God or higher energy

DragonFae

The Queens continue to interest me...spent a lot of time the other night just looking at them and reflecting on meanings...sometimes in a reading I find it difficult when I get a queen....hard to put their essence into words....or get their message...hmmmm

DragonFae

So on my morning walk this morning...I decided to take the Queens with m,e and reflect on them as I walked...this is what they told me...

The Queen of the Golden Bough: In a reading I am about emotions and emotional healing. It is important to remember that feelings come and go. I speak the truth... sometimes I indicate a need to "heal" something but often I'm just saying there are strong emotional issues involved in this reading. I look a bit snooty...because you humans NEVER seem to understand that you can't really control emotions....in yourself or especially in others...always wanting to "fix" something...well if someone is sad...maybe they don't need to be "fixed" ...maybe they just need to be sad so they can then move onto something else.

The Queen of Bedlam: I am the faery of everyday craziness....life is topsey turvey and the sooner you recognize that ...the sooner you can get on with living it....ups and downs and all arounds....some days you feel like pulling your hair out...but I'm here to say...hold onto your seat...this ride is going to get bumpy but we can survive it together!!

The Queen of the Night: Desire. longing, temptation.....neither good nor bad....I can inspire and motivate....but be careful....to be consumed is never good....desire should not be the only driving force...in your life. And it is always wise to remember that sometimes when we get exactly what we desire.....it just seems to lose it's shine....so always keep your head about you...even when temptation lures you...

The Queen of the Day: The blessing of a day...that is what I bring to you...time, a clean slate, opportunities, remember to LIVE....

The Queen of Passage: I come to tell you that a transition is possible...it may be murky and cloudy right now...but the time is right for change...or maybe change is HERE whether you want it or not...but either way...it is what it is...and will unfold as is needed.....are you ready? That is the question...for you have a bit of a choice here....but something will change one way or the other...

The Queen of Owls: Yes I am the faery of physical healing but even more than that. I might be indicating that it is a time for a rest, to give your body a recovery period, or simply to remind you to start taking care of yourself. Health is a serious matter and you must make every effort to create a healthy life for yourself...If you aren't feeling well...perhaps it is time for a checkup or maybe it is a reminder to SLOW DOWN

The Queen of Hearth & Home: I am the Queen of Welcome...I am gracious even to those who do not deserve it...perhaps I am here to remind you that you need to practice this also...See the mask I hold...that is because being gracious is not always easy...especially when some people are so boorish....sometimes I have to put on a little smile even when inside I want to shout at them. No it is not being fake....it is being smart....gracious people know how to turn things around...how to take something little and make it into a wonderful surprise....you can do it to...I mean after all being gracious...is easy with nice people....its the others that make it a bit of a challenge....

The Queen of Shadows: I am the queen of the shadows....and I'm here to tell you that something is a bit murky.....time to look closely....inside yourself or at your thoughts/feelings about this issue. Are you being honest with yourself?..are you seeing clearly? Maybe it's not you...maybe its something or someone else that is hiding in the shadows...if so...bring them out into the light or things will stay cloudy or go astray.

The Queen of Laughter: Oh you humans have that saying..."laughter is the best medicine"....Well Im here to tell you...its TRUE....laugh and things will be better. See the humor in all things. Be willing to laugh at your mistakes and to find joy in the little day to day pleasures! In a reading I am reminding you of this,...and perhaps saying..."don't take this so seriously." Back off...lighten up.

These Queens are a bit tricky....but today they were very talkative....they must like being out and about!

DragonFae

The Queens are still interesting.....no matter how you look at them...I'd love to hear some other thoughts about them....