Faeries don't like to play together

Chronata

I have both the FO and the HOF as one giant single pack that live together in one bag.
And when I do readings I usually use the entire deck...but something I noticed yesterday...when I am just cutting to cards, or hand shuffling (because you can't rifle shuffle this giant deck!) I am only cutting to HOF cards!
It's like the FO hide inside the other deck. I wondered if maybe the cards are cut slightly differently, and that's why...but no, they appear to be the same size. I also thought that maybe because the HOF are newer, and slickerer they present themselves more often?

I have taken to spreading the cards out, closing my eyes and choosing...and still the FO likes to hide among the other deck! I am almost always choosing Heart cards,even when they are all spread out.

I am also wondering if the FO is wanting a break, and think I just need to get know the OTHER faeries better? (I admit I had used the FO lovingly for years...and the Heart, not so much!)

Carla

I remember reading other people saying the same thing. The cards segregate themselves. I tried shuffling mine together and they were having NONE of it. So I put them back in their separate boxes, lesson learned! :)

I think it's interest the FO is hiding from you, I think you may be on to something with the HOF vying for attention. Isn't it gallant of the FO to take a step back for it. :)

Alta

The only time that I tried doing a reading with the two decks, carefully and thoroughly, shuffled together, ONLY HoF cards came out. :)

Glass Owl

Hahah, this is an intriguing topic. I've had the FO for years and there have been several cases where I tried to get the HOF in a trade and it didn't pan out for various reasons. But then Amazon had the HOF for a bargain price this fall so I finally decided it was time to buy it as a Christmas gift to myself.

When it arrived I automatically contemplated storing both decks together like I do with the Well Worn Path/Hidden Path and the Tao Oracle/Osho Zen. And the box for the HOF did arrive a bit damaged and needed some tape so it seemed like a good idea. But when I put both of the decks together it just felt "wrong" to me for some reason so I rejected the idea.

Maybe I need to do some experiments with my fairy decks.

Alta

Interesting Glass Owl. I do store the decks in a single box, but with another deck between them. For some reason this seemed right.

Attachments

• The Fae.jpg
    The Fae.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 153

Carla

Oooh, Alta, those look lovely in the box!

Chronata

This is a little strange...mostly because I can't logically explain it...but I solved the problem!

I shuffle them face up...and cut them face up...and now I am getting just as many of one deck as the other!
Why? Beats me...but I am glad it works!

Carla

This is a little strange...mostly because I can't logically explain it...but I solved the problem!

I shuffle them face up...and cut them face up...and now I am getting just as many of one deck as the other!

Weird!

Winterchild

Its because they can see where they are going now, and they all wanna be in on the act :)

Chronata

I like that answer Winterchild!

Apparently the two decks are actually of different sizes...and the FO being slightly smaller, means it hides behind the Heart.

They can't hide face up, however...and I like the idea that they can now all see where they are!