I Felt Like I Was Going Slightly Mad....

Moondance

So today has been my first 24 hours with my own faerie oracle cards, and as such, its my first proper instance of "living with faeries" so to speak.
Anyway, I was at my friends house and while I had a niggling feeling to play with the fae, I decided to put it off in favour of finishing sewing my french flag for my historical reenactment event next month.
So I pull out the sewing machine and start trying to sew the flag holding section of the flag, to the actual flag. Within a moment, my head started buzzing with activity. It was like static. I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't focus, but there were so many voices, I couldn't directly pick one. It was like when you're driving through the country and your radio starts playing static and every so often, you'll hit a moment where you hear a brief second of actual voices, but then it goes away again.
At one point, my sewing machine starting playing up to holy heaven. My busy head was making me feel kind of bonkers and I started singing out things and making random noises and feeling really insane to tell the truth. So I say to the sewing machine (as I thread it for the third time in a row after the cotton snapped.... bloody faeries) "In the hole"
And this teeny little voice pops out of the static... "Is it in yet? Is it in yet?" then giggles maniacally. I just started laughing uncontrollably.
My poor friend, who has been speaking all night in an Irish accent (again, for the reenactment event) thought I was laughing at her and got upset.
So the static resumes and I'm just feeling really bombarded by I don't know what, because it feels like these voices are inside my head and of course, voices in your head means you're mad and I feel completely mad so its making perfect sense.
Then I hear "Play with meeeee" and I glance at the bag where my faerie cards are sitting, then I hear a line from the movie "The Shining" which is where the ghost girls say to the little boy "Come and play with us Danny" so I immediately said "oh hell no!" and tried to ignore it while feeling bonkers as bonkers can get!!!
Finally, after doing the worlds most shocking job on the final stage of my flag, I quickly tested that yes, I could still fit a pole through the gap, yes it fit, okay, fine. Grabbed the cards out of the bag and dumped them all over the table. One slipped out onto my lap. I had a look, saw who it was and put back in the deck.
I then started randomly flipping and shoving cards all over the table because my mind was NOT quietening down. I couldn't think for trying!!!
So I said "you want me to play with you, I'm playing okay!!!!" and I just continued shuffling and shoving cards around the table until my arms hurt. So finally I decided "no, they have something to say, I'll hear it okay??"
So I pushed the cards back together, I shuffled and reshuffled and shuffed again for good measure, fanned out the cards, picked 6 of them and when trying to get the cards back in order, one landed on me again. I checked it. The same card as before. Huh.
So I put him as the first card.

Anyway, I started going through the book, reading the "meanings" of the cards and trying to do the reading, but I still couldn't focus. I couldn't work out for the life of me exactly how ANYTHING I was reading applied to me.
And the voices are raising, static in my head making me feel insane.
Finally I quip "I don't think this is supposed to be for me"
And instant silence followed. They were quiet. I had finally figured it out.
So I looked at my friend and she said "mine have been trying to talk to me for days, I've been ignoring them. I've been too busy."
Huh. So the fae decided to make ME feel like a total lunatic crazy person who thought she was suddenly losing her mind JUST so they could send a message to my friend. Thanks guys, its REALLY appreciated.
I get you need to tell something to somebody, but jeez... Warn a girl next time? I was REALLY freaking out that I'd lost my mind.
So I read each of the card interpretations to my friend and she nodded through them all, and then got really upset. Because every single card was absolutely bang on for her situation... But I finally had peacefulness.

So I can safely say, when I invited faeries in to my home, I was NOT expecting what happened today, thats for certain. But maybe next time they just bombard me I'll realise sooner what it is and be able to respond accordingly. Yikes.

divinerofcards

So today has been my first 24 hours with my own faerie oracle cards, and as such, its my first proper instance of "living with faeries" so to speak.
Anyway, I was at my friends house and while I had a niggling feeling to play with the fae, I decided to put it off in favour of finishing sewing my french flag for my historical reenactment event next month.
So I pull out the sewing machine and start trying to sew the flag holding section of the flag, to the actual flag. Within a moment, my head started buzzing with activity. It was like static. I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't focus, but there were so many voices, I couldn't directly pick one. It was like when you're driving through the country and your radio starts playing static and every so often, you'll hit a moment where you hear a brief second of actual voices, but then it goes away again.
At one point, my sewing machine starting playing up to holy heaven. My busy head was making me feel kind of bonkers and I started singing out things and making random noises and feeling really insane to tell the truth. So I say to the sewing machine (as I thread it for the third time in a row after the cotton snapped.... bloody faeries) "In the hole"
And this teeny little voice pops out of the static... "Is it in yet? Is it in yet?" then giggles maniacally. I just started laughing uncontrollably.
My poor friend, who has been speaking all night in an Irish accent (again, for the reenactment event) thought I was laughing at her and got upset.
So the static resumes and I'm just feeling really bombarded by I don't know what, because it feels like these voices are inside my head and of course, voices in your head means you're mad and I feel completely mad so its making perfect sense.
Then I hear "Play with meeeee" and I glance at the bag where my faerie cards are sitting, then I hear a line from the movie "The Shining" which is where the ghost girls say to the little boy "Come and play with us Danny" so I immediately said "oh hell no!" and tried to ignore it while feeling bonkers as bonkers can get!!!
Finally, after doing the worlds most shocking job on the final stage of my flag, I quickly tested that yes, I could still fit a pole through the gap, yes it fit, okay, fine. Grabbed the cards out of the bag and dumped them all over the table. One slipped out onto my lap. I had a look, saw who it was and put back in the deck.
I then started randomly flipping and shoving cards all over the table because my mind was NOT quietening down. I couldn't think for trying!!!
So I said "you want me to play with you, I'm playing okay!!!!" and I just continued shuffling and shoving cards around the table until my arms hurt. So finally I decided "no, they have something to say, I'll hear it okay??"
So I pushed the cards back together, I shuffled and reshuffled and shuffed again for good measure, fanned out the cards, picked 6 of them and when trying to get the cards back in order, one landed on me again. I checked it. The same card as before. Huh.
So I put him as the first card.

Anyway, I started going through the book, reading the "meanings" of the cards and trying to do the reading, but I still couldn't focus. I couldn't work out for the life of me exactly how ANYTHING I was reading applied to me.
And the voices are raising, static in my head making me feel insane.
Finally I quip "I don't think this is supposed to be for me"
And instant silence followed. They were quiet. I had finally figured it out.
So I looked at my friend and she said "mine have been trying to talk to me for days, I've been ignoring them. I've been too busy."
Huh. So the fae decided to make ME feel like a total lunatic crazy person who thought she was suddenly losing her mind JUST so they could send a message to my friend. Thanks guys, its REALLY appreciated.
I get you need to tell something to somebody, but jeez... Warn a girl next time? I was REALLY freaking out that I'd lost my mind.
So I read each of the card interpretations to my friend and she nodded through them all, and then got really upset. Because every single card was absolutely bang on for her situation... But I finally had peacefulness.

So I can safely say, when I invited faeries in to my home, I was NOT expecting what happened today, thats for certain. But maybe next time they just bombard me I'll realise sooner what it is and be able to respond accordingly. Yikes.

I giggled my way through your entertaining story. Funny how they get in your head. It's like learning a new language, I think!
Toni

celticnoodle

:p

Oh, that is funny! Yes, be prepared, the Fae do that to you. But, have fun with them and enjoy them and be good to them and they'll be good to you too.

Join the Faery Oracle Reading Exchange thread! its great fun!