''Faeries'' Oracle by Brian Froud

Lady Tararith

Have any of you seen the ''Faeries'' oracle by Brian Froud and Jessica MacBeth? I'm a big fan of Brian Froud's artwork and I just had to get this pack.

I showed this pack to my sister, who is also a Tarot reader and she was quite put off by some of the images. I must admit some of the images are a little strange. I also have the ''Good Faeries/Bad Faeries'' book where the artwork came from, and some pictures are very strange and un nerving.

Any comments or opinions?

Lady Tararith xx

Alissa

Please do stop by the Faery Oracle subforum, inside the Oracle Study Groups forum on the main page. We've been in love with Froud's Faeries for a long time around here, hope to hear more of your ideas there!

yaraluna

faeries faeries!

well, i have the deck and it's great. the first time i had it in my hands i had contradicting feelings, but mainly b/c of the way we have been taught about faeries. by this i mean that one gets taught by main stream culture that faeries are cutsie little blond beings, all good. but i find that Froud's faeries are very true to what nature is: a balance of ying yang, a balance of "good" and "bad". again, those two words are so innappropiate for everything in life i find.

may you be well
yaraluna

Babylon_Jasmine

I love the faerie oracle. I use it in my professional readings as a follow up reading to one with a more traditional deck (either waite or thoth) beautiful pictures, wicked sense of humor. Wonderful deck.

SunChariot

Lady Tararith said:
Have any of you seen the ''Faeries'' oracle by Brian Froud and Jessica MacBeth? I'm a big fan of Brian Froud's artwork and I just had to get this pack.

I showed this pack to my sister, who is also a Tarot reader and she was quite put off by some of the images. I must admit some of the images are a little strange. I also have the ''Good Faeries/Bad Faeries'' book where the artwork came from, and some pictures are very strange and un nerving.

Any comments or opinions?

Lady Tararith xx

I absolutely totally felt the same way when I first saw the deck. I found some of the images frightening and they put me off. I had never even heard of Brian Froud at the time...although I have come to be a BIG fan since then.

I don't know how or why, but something pushed me to buy it, call it fate or divine intervention....I was just looking at the deck here on AT, feeling ambigious about it and somehow I knew inside it was something I needed to do. Something pushed me to do it.

After about a week or two of owning it, it was already my favourite deck of my 15. It still is, and I cannot imagine ever loving another deck more, or even as much

The hardcover book with it explains it all, but it's just an experience you need to live to understand. The book pretty well tells you to forget everything you know about Tarot....this is not a deck but an entrance to Faery (the land where faeries live)... There are exercises like singing with the faeries, dancing with the faeries....

I don't think it is something you can understand until you live it, but it is just the most magical deck of all time. It quickly becomes way more than a deck, but a colleciton of good friends. And it's just something you can't get until you try it, but it does make the faeries very real for you in ways you can never imagine without trying it.

The deck even has a blank card that you are meant to design yourself, to add your energy into that of the deck. I think that is a really cool idea.

Hope that helps,

Bar

Vadella

I finally bought this yesterday. hehe I think they are SO cute! They remind me of little cats.... but yet not cats. I can't really explain it. I caught myself talking to them the way I would my cat. lol This oracle is amazing. :) I'm so happy I got it.

sagewriter

One of my mum's friends owned that deck, among others it was my favourite.

I just received it in the post a few days ago.

I am still in love with the pictures and am reading through the book.

If some of the pictures don't appeal to you, then it may taint your whole experience of that deck. They are quite "wacky" but I really love them!

.::Cerridwen::.

I just bought this today (it was more then half off!!)... it's my first Oracle deck, but I love Brian Froud, so I can't wait to open it up and look at it!!

psychicbody

I have his book, Good/Bad Faeries. Does anyone have a link to the deck and what it looks like?