Where to get plain card stock?

Hooked on TdM

I have a question for you! It says it has a bit of a film or umm.. what do you call it.. lamination on it. Would pencil crayons or markers work on it? Or would he need to use acrylics or something?

Hooked

blackroseivy

Yes, it's laminated. Crayons actually may work, but paint might be a better bet.

Oh - & provided you were to give them some dry-time & be careful not to smear, gel-pens would work nicely too I think. ;)

Hooked on TdM

Great! Thanks for the info. We will have to go shopping for suitable materials too. LOL

Hooked

blackroseivy

:D

Another tip:

Remember - wet media can make it curl, you'll have to flatten them when they are dry. ;)

silverwings94

Hi Blackroseivy,
I have a question on the blank tarot cards that you can buy. Can you say put them in the computer and print an image on it and will it stay on for a long time after they are dried ?
I've been thinking of creating some images and possibly printing them right onto the cards if it will work.
Thanks
S

blackroseivy

The best way to do that is to mount the images on to the cards with archival glue, spray or stick work well. I say this because I don't think that the printer ink would adhere to the lamination, & also it might be difficult to format.

UrbanFool

They are still fragile. Even if you spray them with fixative.

Course, it might be my fixative and something else might work better to set the ink.

silverwings94

Thanks Urban fool and Blackroseivy for your suggestions. I'll let you know what works the best and how they come out.

gregory

Seems to me you should be able to work on them with whitebiard markers and rub mistakes off, if you aren't violent.

I'm told Michaels is pretty good, btw....

jackdaw*

Sharpie markers are excellent on those cards too. Although you wouldn't be able to erase ...

Unlined index cards would also work well - you can laminate them after the fact to make them sturdy, they can be printed on with a printer or any media, and if an irrevocable mistake is made, cheaper to replace/redo on a new card than the blank Tarot cards :)