$100 - what deck or decks would you buy

Freddie

Oops you are right..... better ask for more lol...

Freddie

lark

My husband just gave me a hundred dollars...don't ask..
Anyway I'm going to buy a Vera Bradley Weekender bag to carry all my tarot stuff to the fair.

AineFoley

Libra8ca said:
I too would buy a BBC gold deck but I'm afraid that $100 is not enough.....:(

I got one for about $70 at the end of last year - it's still possible! :)

yirabeth

I actually did this somewhat recently -- and at the time was kicking myself for doing it because I thought, I need the money elsewhere!! But, I did it anyway, and in the long run it paid off...

What I did was buy ONE (nice) deck, in multiple copies to trade among my train friends here. I wasn't that particular about which deck I got from the friends, they are part of my "decks my AT friends gave me" subcollection...but amazingly they're all gorgeous and I'm soo HAPPY with them. And, by doing so, I was/am getting many decks via email, which come from friends, and give me a huge warm-fuzzy feeling almost every day...this has been wonderful in this stressful time, with my boyfriend leaving me, my son almost dying in a motorcycle accident, etc..The decks have been a sure way to have a feel-good moment often, in spite of the rough times :)

I might do this again next year with income taxes, to see how awesome the feel-good feelings are when there aren't really bad things going on :)

Oh -- some decks I got from this: Mantegna, Tarot of the III Millenium, Arcus Arcanum, Revelations, etc etc.

~Yira

Libra8ca

AineFoley said:
I got one for about $70 at the end of last year - it's still possible! :)

$70 for a GOLD BBC ? :bugeyed: That's amazing! They were selling for $200+ on eBay not too long ago!

Brigid

I have been saving up lately, most unlike me! :D

So with my $100 I bought photocat's spare Solleone! Can't wait!!!

WingspreadPhoenix

If I had $100 to spend on Tarot decks, I'd probably just get another Lunatic, Dark Angels, and Paulina, and then use the rest of the money for bags :\ I wish I wanted more decks.

Rasa

$100, eh?

I am torn! Too much on my wishlist, and not enough money!

It is between a Hoi Polloi and maybe a Universal Fantasy or a Shadowscapes with whatever was leftover,
or
2 Il Meneghello decks: Neoclassico and Vachetta, or maybe a backup Soprafino with one of the afore-mentioned. I also want one of the fancy handmade boxes for my large Visconti, which costs a fair bit.. decisions, decisions!
or
try to find someone who might sell me a Magna Veritas for $100 or less (I want one, but haven't decided yet how much I'd be willing to pay for it, plus I don't think anyone wants to part with theirs just yet, and when they do, the price will probably be steep...)

Metafizzypop

If someone gave me $100 USD I'd probably go for the Maroon Tarot. This should leave me enough cash for the Quantum when it comes out. Then again............

If someone just handed me $100 out of the blue I might be tempted to invest it in something off the wall. Like the SPILL Performance Tarot, which I haven't heard anyone talk about yet. I'd have enough left over for the Sacred Art Tarot, which I HAVE heard talk about -- but it wasn't very kind. I might also go for the Sepia Stain Tarot, which no one here seems to like, but hey, somebody GAVE me the money, right?

AineFoley

Libra8ca said:
$70 for a GOLD BBC ? :bugeyed: That's amazing! They were selling for $200+ on eBay not too long ago!

I got it from an Australian buyer I think and I didn't realise it was a gold until I received it. So I immediately got a first edition - which I don't think was expensive at all - I obviously got it just as it was going OOP. I also picked up a reasonably priced Victorian Romantic and Tarot of Prague last year - the only deck I ended up paying quite a bit for (about $300) was the silver version of the Bohemian Gothic. I don't consider myself a collector though, I get decks to use them, not as an investment. :)