Kickstarter for the Wickwillow?

Mallah

Hi again everyone.

Well the Wickwillow is now done and on the Gamecrafters site, and I have some thoughts about bumping it to the next level, and want some advice from others who have done it, and who have invested in other's projects on Kickstarter....

First off, in watching the statistics over on TGC, it occurrs to me that more people would fulfill their orders if the turnaround time wasn't so long....

In other words, I order a bunch of them and fill orders myself....hence, kickstarter.

Am I thinking this right? I had originally thought that KS was for those who wanted backing up front before the deck was available anywhere else...but now it seems like i could use TGC as my printer, and do KS to get enough funds for 500 to 1000 decks, and fill orders thru my Website, thru Etsy, thru E-bay..not to mention putting them in local shops and doing Metaphysical Fairs, etc.

What think you??

I'm very very ecstatically happy with the product I'm getting from TGC....but we are used to faster turnaround, you know?

desertrat

I probably don't have anything helpful to say, other than so far I've not found the wait time for Game Crafter to be overly long. I don't mind purchasing from them. :) If you switch to Kickstarter, would we then only have a one-time shot at purchasing your deck? Or would it still be offered on Game Crafter? Money is tight right now.

Mallah

Well, no, It could still be available thru kickstarter, but if I could generate enuf copies to bring the price down significantly, I could drop the price, and reduce the ordering time. Then I might not have it available there.

Right now, they are saying 2+ weeks to ship a deck. That's the downside to POD...but the upsides outweigh.