Repeated Card throughout tarot spreads

rwcarter

Moderator Note

grubbaj0,

As has been explained to you by both the Your Readings and Using Tarot Cards Moderators, you need to leave feedback for EACH person who has posted trying to help you. Continued failure to do so will result in your account being closed.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

grubbaj0

I have had the 2 or cups come up 5x in 5 days in a row when it came to questions regarding my ex and it has also fallen out of the deck. I do believe this is meant to be a message that the tarot is trying so hard to tell you. I still don't exactly know what the tarot was trying to tell me but it has stopped coming out of the deck now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hey Deana, are you still getting the 2 of cups? I still don't know if the page of cups is a warning or represents who I am as a person. I can really see both being true which makes it all the harder! Got to keep reflecting to find out :)

grubbaj0

Perhaps you are about to encounter a Page of Swords kind of person, or someone you already know who is of this type is going to play an important role in succeeding events in your life. This Page would be someone to watch out for, though not necessarily in a negative sense.

I mostly feel like the page is myself. It can definitely be someone else but I am really bad at subtleties. When it comes to the court cards representing someone else I expect a slap in the face/flashing neon sign/a puff of smoke and then an entrance kind of deal. I really need focus on subtle ways people can be helping me. I keep looking for life changing events...

grubbaj0

It would be especially interesting if you kept switching decks and it still repeated. If from the same deck, I would first consider the thoroughness of my shuffling practices. A card that legitimately repeats that often usually has an important message for you (unless you keep asking the same question over-and-over, in which case it's just beating you over the head).

Hey Barleywine,

I don't think it is my shuffling but I do experience it more in my shadowscapes deck. However, I use this deck the most. I do think it is important to note that even though the pages of Rider-Waite and similar decks represent women, they are portrayed as men. Shadowscapes is the only deck I currently use where the pages are portrayed as women. Maybe that means something.

violetdaisy

It would be especially interesting if you kept switching decks and it still repeated. If from the same deck, I would first consider the thoroughness of my shuffling practices. A card that legitimately repeats that often usually has an important message for you (unless you keep asking the same question over-and-over, in which case it's just beating you over the head).

Yes. This. There are "repeating" cards and then there are "REPEATing cards." I've only experienced the latter. Over, and over, over the course of about 6-8 months and only with questions revolving around the same concept. I have yet to have a single card, over and over, with any question (using the same deck.) But with the same card in different decks regarding the same area of exploration it has happened.

I figure, if the same card is coming up - regardless of the deck - it's like the biggest, gaudiest, flashing/strobing, neon HUGE sign in front of your face and I'm just NOT getting "it." If you have a second deck, even a 52 card "playing card" deck (majors removed) and you still get the card that negates any potential for coincidence.

I can't tell you how many ways I tried to 'figure' the 10 of Swords...until I realized that no, I'm not spiritually/physically/emotionally dead...I was simply Done with that phase/cycle of my growth. I kept looking for dead-ness....so it kept coming up because it had nothing to do with dead-ness.

grubbaj0

Well at the start, when I was learning Tarot, I was having some relationship problems. That was what started me with Tarot. I was in so much pain, I needed help in any shape or form at the time, so I was willing to consider looking for help anywhere even to Tarot (which I otherwise would have been SURE could not possibly work).'

While it did address the relationship and warmth is a part of any good relationship and it certainly needed healing at the time BUT, honestly I don't think that was really the message for me.

The REAL message that the card had for me was that Tarot WORKS. That was a HUGE message for me that I needed to learn.

When I picked up my first deck of cards I was very SURE it could not ever work. It was heavily drummed into me and I was sure of it. But desperate enough to try anything.

I think the real message for me in it, and the real reason I made my name SunChariot, is that for months when I was starting out The Sun followed me everywhere. ANYTIME I asked on the subject...there it was.

The Sun card was what convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that yes Tarot works. At first, I tried to tell myself the same card coming up so often was just coincidence. But when it comes up like 100 times in a row to similar questions, I was like "HEY something more is happening here. It is not logical to call something that happens 100 times in a row non-stop mere coincidence. It has happened too many times. Something more is happening here. And its real!"

That, The Sun, card coming up so often showed me that Tarot IS real and something real is actually happening when we read. It was that card (The Sun) that convinced me. Tarot works. Period. 100 times in a row is NOT coincidence. It happened too many times in a row for me to see it as that any longer. And when I could no longer call it coincidence I had to accept that something more was happening.

A short while later, I was at work (on a break) meditating on my Sun card. It was a dark cloudy day when we had had no sun at all in 5-6 days. None. I was looking hard at The Sun card image and meditating on it for 10 minutes.

The break was ending so I got ready to put it away. As I was looking down to put the card back in the box, the room all around me very visibly brightened. I looked up and the actual sun in the sky had come out at just that moment. After I had not seen it in almost a week and just after I had been meditating on The Sun, suddenly there it was. More than that, when I looked at the sky, the cloud formation was exactly identical to that in the card. The real sky was exactly mirroring the one in the card (or vice versa).

I was just in awe of that. The timing of it AND that honestly that when the sun did come out just at that moment, the sky was IDENTICAL to that in the card. That gave me a sense that there is something magical to Tarot. Not only DOES it work BUT ALSO it there is some kind of magical connection between the cards and the universe/the world around us.

I had not yet started to figure out what I thought there was. But that ignited the sense of awe I have with Tarot and the magical feel it always gives me.

So after all that, the message for me in the Sun card was only mildly how it answered the question. But the REAL message (that is firmly embedded in me to this day) is that Tarot DOES work, and it connects us to the world in some truly magical beautiful amazing ways.

That was the real message that the card had to give me. And The Sun card followed me till I understood it. Then, as soon as I understood, it stopped coming up. It just stopped as mysteriously as it had started. As repeating cards do. They keep coming until you get the message they are trying to give. Then stop.

And that is why I am SunChariot. :heart: :grin: And honestly why I am still a reader to this day.

(Chariot is only because it was the sign associated with my zodiac sign--Cancer)

And btw, I don't tend to read cards in combos for the most part. I read them one at a time with the meanings and story progressively growing at each is added in . Unless in the case of jumpers where 2 cards (jump) out of the deck at the same time. THEN I read them together. But even then I don't have set meanings to what they mean. It's individual to each reading.

Babs

Wow the part where the sun came out and the sky looked just like in the tarot card THAT gave me goosepimples :)

I originally started reading the tarot because of relationship issues as well (a love triangle)!

I remember one of the first spreads I did I pulled the three of hearts!! And was like, "yeah, okay, that makes sense." Haha

I don't have a story like yours (yet) but I do have subtle reasons for believing the tarot works without a doubt. I am starting to find my intuitive side as well. The evidence that the universe brings us what we're supposed to know and have is getting stronger and stronger for me.

A few weeks ago I called a nursery about a plant that I really wanted (for magical purposes). The plant is hard to get in Australia and she said she would put me on the wait list but they didn't expect to have any come in soon. So I was very surprised when a couple of weeks later I got a call that the plant had come in and they were holding it for me. When I went in a different lady who was working there said they didn't have any. I told her about the call. A different person went to look out back while the first lady went through the records. She got an annoyed look on her face and told me that I shouldn't have been called because there were other people on the list ahead of me. She acknowledged that it wasn't exactly my fault but still seemed upset. I told her that maybe I was meant to have the plant and she looked at me like I was crazy haha! But I do believe that I am meant to have these plants. I do not think that automatically means they will thrive! However I think I have the opportunity to cultivate them and help them to grow where they are supposed to be.

Thank you for sharing your story

grubbaj0

Yes. This. There are "repeating" cards and then there are "REPEATing cards." I've only experienced the latter. Over, and over, over the course of about 6-8 months and only with questions revolving around the same concept. I have yet to have a single card, over and over, with any question (using the same deck.) But with the same card in different decks regarding the same area of exploration it has happened.

I figure, if the same card is coming up - regardless of the deck - it's like the biggest, gaudiest, flashing/strobing, neon HUGE sign in front of your face and I'm just NOT getting "it." If you have a second deck, even a 52 card "playing card" deck (majors removed) and you still get the card that negates any potential for coincidence.

I can't tell you how many ways I tried to 'figure' the 10 of Swords...until I realized that no, I'm not spiritually/physically/emotionally dead...I was simply Done with that phase/cycle of my growth. I kept looking for dead-ness....so it kept coming up because it had nothing to do with dead-ness.

Yes, I believe that it is true! I do see it coming up in the same deck, but it is also the deck that I use the most. I still see it coming up however not as often. At this point I try to keep my tarot readings general because I do not feel adequately prepared for more specific topics and that is when she mostly comes up. I know I need to look to communication but I am having a hard time

grubbaj0

A tarot card for a day is a "small message", it tends to not be a grand life theme or important advice. If you get the same card for many days, for me it just means you have similar days in a row. I once had a nightmare week and it had the same negative card for most of the days :)

If you are getting the same card (Page of Swords) in a range of different readings, this means you need to pay attention to it, the tarot is trying to get your attention. So what message from this Page could need your attention? Could someone be gossiping behind your back? This card can be a sort of gossipy spy, this could be a warning to you, don't gossip or discuss someone else with another person because in future it could come back to you. Be mindful of what you say to other people as this is a big communication card and sometimes this Page says too much or the wrong thing. But on the positive this card is a "go for it" type sign, take all your ideas and energy and run with it.

I find the repeating cards follow me until I either act on them or at least acknowledge the message.

If you really can't find the meaning to you, there is a good technique suggested by many ATers. Take the card out and put it down at the top. Now ask what is the message of this card? and deal 2 or 3 cards under it (as many or few as you want) for help decoding it's message :)

I absolutely adore your advice. I will ask the cards today to help me decode my message.

As for the first part of your message, I've mostly felt positivity from the page of swords. However I've been acknowledging the fact that I am a very secretive person. Even with weird things, I often keep to myself. I feel that this must have to do with what the page is telling me. I will consider all the things you have said the next time she comes up!