The One With The Sceptic

Kiama

Wel, I was in the study room today, when a guy from the year below me came up and saw me on these boards. he asked me what Tarot was. I told him. He aked me what the cards looked like. I jut so happened to hve the Cosmic Tribe deck in my bag, so I whipped it out and showed him. he asked me what I did with the cards. I told him I could help people work through their problems and worries, by looking at a card spread and interpreting the images on the cards. he asked for a reading about somekids who were giving him hassle.

I dealt the cards, and the first card out was the male-on-male Lovers card (I used all three Lovers by accident!). I asked him if these kids were taunting him about being gay. He said yes, that's true. i dealt some more card, and told him things about himself that he probably wasn't too pleased with me being able to work out! I concluded by offering advice, from teh card, on how he could overcome what was happening.

All the way through the reading he was giving me a bit of lip, asking me stuff like:

"How do I know how much of this you know from just knowing me in general, and how much of it you know cuz of the cards?" I told him it didn't matter where thehelp came from, as long as I got it right, and he learned how to cope with these kids. He said:

"So these cards are a load of rubbish then, really..." He carried on like that through most of the reading, but by the end of it, he was enthralled... He even went as far as to read some interpretation into it for himself... (I liked his interpretation of the Heirophant, and I wouldn't ahve thought of it otherwise!)

Let's just say, he started out as a sceptic, but he isn't one any longer....!

Kiama *Sitting back in her chair, smiling, pleased with her day's achievements.*

glamourbug

Sounds like it turned out to be a good reading. Out of curiosity what was his take on the hierophant card?

Lisa

deso

Don't you just love synchronicity???!!!!!! :)

Kiama

Hi take on the Heirophant was that he wa a mediator, or he needed one in his situation. I had never thought of that before...

Kiama