Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

What Are You Currently Reading?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Citizen

suk 
Citizen

I'm reading a non-tarot-based book that might still be of interest to people here. It's called 'Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic'.

I'm also making my way through 'Tarot 101' By Kim Huggens and 'Tarot and Psychology: Spectrums of Possibility' by Arthur Rosengarten. They're both excellent.
Top   #181
Citizen

RiverRunsDeep 
Citizen

Finally perusing Rachel Pollack's "Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom". It's about time I made time for this one!
Top   #182
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

Anthony Louis' advanced book. And I love it! For everybody who had problems with the astrological side of tarot - read it! On the Kabbalah side, it's disappointing - the author doesn't really believe there is a connection and accordingly, his presentation of the kabbalah suffers and is bloodless. But if you read Milo DuQuette and Snuffin as augmenting forces for the kabbalah side of things, you get many bases covered.

If I had to make a 10 book list for the medium to advanced tarot reader, I'm sure this book would figure on a high place.
Top   #183
Seeker

Cocobird55 
Seeker

Tarot: History, Mystery and Lore by Cynthia Giles. Very enjoyable read.
Top   #184
Citizen

baconwaffles 
Citizen

Paul Huson's The Mystical Origins of Tarot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Top   #185
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett, which I got at a bargain. It fits my Golden Universal Tarot to a T.
Top   #186
Resident

Late Starter 
Resident

Tarot Beyond the Basics by Anthony Lewis

His discussion of the elemental aspects of the cards is intriguing. He makes a compelling case that the association of the kings and knights are 'flipped' e.g. the kings are the 'airy' aspect of the suits element and the knights are the 'fiery' aspect. That seems to be a better fit imo, the knights are the fiery do-ers and the kings are the airy thinkers.
Top   #187
Citizen

smw 
Citizen

Liber Novus, Jung's Red book

For inspiration and tarot thoughts. It was expensive but I have been thinking of getting it for a while. It's a huge book with lots of striking images more than half of the book. I might have to get the paperback with just text so I can look at the images and mandalas at the same time without having to keep flipping back.
Top   #188
Citizen

foolMoon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
Liber Novus, Jung's Red book

For inspiration and tarot thoughts. It was expensive but I have been thinking of getting it for a while. It's a huge book with lots of striking images more than half of the book. I might have to get the paperback with just text so I can look at the images and mandalas at the same time without having to keep flipping back.
Sounds like a great book. Thank you for sharing
Top   #189
Citizen

foolMoon 
Citizen

John Dee's Five Books of Mystery - Joseph H. Peterson

I came across this book by chance. I thought it was a very interesting book, so ordered one. When it arrived, it was a huge book in paper back format. The content was excellent. I am enjoying the book enormously.

I always used to think somehow Tarot, Scrying and Magic are different entities, and also not compatible with the Christianity. Well I was wrong. This book changed my views.
Top   #190

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.