crystal study Group; obsidian

Padma

well I've been reading on the many uses of pyramidal shapes and I am full of ideas , i read it could be used to amplify whatever properties the stone or crystal may have , so... that may be a lot haha but since I wont be wearing it on me it could be used to protect the enviroment of negative energy or bad vibes.

it is also said that shape atract energy , so ... if it amplifies the ability of the obsidian wich is to absorb emergy , and the shape itself also atract it , could it be like a little black hole? ._. haha

anyway , I thought about using it for scrying and having it as a receptor of all the energy or messages or knowledge to be gained o it comes easier , haha , and also the shape would amplifyu the scrying abilities of obsidian. I dont klnow thew shapoe thing kinda confuses me , Im not done learning of the raw properties it have and now Im jumpig to its pyramidal form U_u hahaha

Yeah, but even if you are just now all over the page with the Obsidian and studying it, still, when you will pull all the threads together (shapes, forms, uses, psychic capabilites etc.) then you will have a coherent stroy - all research is like that, really, you just go gathering a bunch of random and different facts first, and then you try to put them into a coherent working order...you'll see, by the end of your work with it, you will have a very clear idea of how it all relates! :)

In regard to the shaman and the deer skull, you are close enough to that part of America that works with those symbols, and so I think it could be of great value. I also think the shaman/druid symbols are not just for the use of one culture - I think they are Universal in scope :)

DownwardSpiral

it is a rather fugly guy , it doesnt even look well carved , haha and I do wonder how uch they charge tourists for stuff like this?

it doesnt even look aztc not like a nor like a warrior , not even like any king , it looks like how a bad movie may despict aztecs haha

mine kinda looks like an alien =P haha

I thought it looked like a gnome god : )

DownwardSpiral

so I've been trying to scry for maybe an hour maybe half an hour , I dont know.

trying to scry then closing my eyes , trying to focus , trying to call whatever energys of the universe or tezcatlipoca or whatever , breathing and then trying to scry again stop and repeat etc.

and I think I did saw the " smoke" some people mention , I do know my reflection in my obsidian disapeared , and was replaced by either total blackness or some kind of smoky gray ish tint or something whatever it is called ( omg you can tottaly tell Im tired because aparently 3/4 of my vocabulary are gone , and I just realized I wrote "OMG" and "Tottaly" so there's that)

now my eyes kinds hurt , and so does my forehead , I think that is the chakra related to the third eye , right? maybe it is working , I think I did something worng ,or a lot of things wrong haha , but I do know it suposedly takes a loooooong while for someone to even beging seeing things and I think I saw a deer skull , or something with antlers , maybe it was a deer skull mask.

I think I need more preparation and have a clear intention , and focus better , and maybe use a separate obsidian one as my ussual pendant and some other obsidian just for scrying and looking into.

and also I didnt ask (I use ask instead of prgram becaus it sounds weird , I just tell my crystal I'd like it to help me in this or that aspect , haha , it is not a machine , haha) I didnt ask it to help me scry or allow me to do it before I started scrying.

anyway , live and learn , maybe next time I'll do better.

pluss the ability to scry'd be great help during my finals hahaha

OMG like this is totally funny! Sorry Minotauro I couldn't resist! You gave me a good laugh : )

With the scrying...YES....usually the surface will "cloud" over or like you said just become black...almost like looking in a hole. Just relax your eyes...don't try to focus and force the image. If your third eye was hurting it shows it was opening up to what you were doing. If your eyes become tired I would say stop and try again later. Also I would say use the pendant you have...the reason being you seem to already have such a good relationship in working with it.

For me...working with crystals for protection I didn't so much notice when I WAS using them...but DID notice the difference when I stopped using them. OMG that just reminded me of deodorant. Ok where's my mind at?

Minotauro

Yeah, but even if you are just now all over the page with the Obsidian and studying it, still, when you will pull all the threads together (shapes, forms, uses, psychic capabilites etc.) then you will have a coherent stroy - all research is like that, really, you just go gathering a bunch of random and different facts first, and then you try to put them into a coherent working order...you'll see, by the end of your work with it, you will have a very clear idea of how it all relates! :)

In regard to the shaman and the deer skull, you are close enough to that part of America that works with those symbols, and so I think it could be of great value. I also think the shaman/druid symbols are not just for the use of one culture - I think they are Universal in scope :)

haha nevermind , turns out it is actually a black agathe pyramid , wich for what I've been reading; brings the Great Spirit into ones life. Attracts good fortune. Increases concentration and clarity. Promotes good will. Aids in overcoming flaws, fears, and loneliness. Removes jinxes, helps eliminate bad luck. Has a calming effect during times of stress. Gives a sense of strength and courage. Encourages fertility. Powerful healer. It protects from stress, from bad dreams and is said to protect children from danger. It enables the wearer to distinguish between false friends and true ones. It brings prosperity and creates an appreciation of nature.

so it makes you rich , strong , healty, inmune to curses and a saint , I wont complain. haha so I may use it later :)

the thing is Im focusing in just obsdian and I justr got a bunch of many diferent rocks! and when wearing obsidian I just feels it negates all other crystals and any other outside energy I may be getting haha I think I should get a smaller obsidian but I feel like I'd be betraying my pendant haha

and I agree with you about the shaman thing , the symbols may be diferent but the concept is the sanme, it is universal , and after all that is why tarot works , its like an archetype it could be the hierophant. but that is the symbol that is closer to me and to wich I can relate and see much more easily.

Minotauro

OMG like this is totally funny! Sorry Minotauro I couldn't resist! You gave me a good laugh : )

With the scrying...YES....usually the surface will "cloud" over or like you said just become black...almost like looking in a hole. Just relax your eyes...don't try to focus and force the image. If your third eye was hurting it shows it was opening up to what you were doing. If your eyes become tired I would say stop and try again later. Also I would say use the pendant you have...the reason being you seem to already have such a good relationship in working with it.

For me...working with crystals for protection I didn't so much notice when I WAS using them...but DID notice the difference when I stopped using them. OMG that just reminded me of deodorant. Ok where's my mind at?

haha thank you , that one post was soooo weird , I blame the head/ thrideye ache X) haha

thats the thing with the obsidian , I always feel like there something behind the blackness. like looking into a window in the midle of the night

I think that " not forcing it" is what helped me , whenever I had tried before , I was too focused on seeing something , anything , and that night I was just looking into it.

and yes this pendant is important to me , but I dont know why , there really is no reason , I think Im grateful of something , maybe it helped me in a way I dont realize.

Padma

haha nevermind , turns out it is actually a black agathe pyramid , wich for what I've been reading; brings the Great Spirit into ones life. Attracts good fortune. Increases concentration and clarity. Promotes good will. Aids in overcoming flaws, fears, and loneliness. Removes jinxes, helps eliminate bad luck. Has a calming effect during times of stress. Gives a sense of strength and courage. Encourages fertility. Powerful healer. It protects from stress, from bad dreams and is said to protect children from danger. It enables the wearer to distinguish between false friends and true ones. It brings prosperity and creates an appreciation of nature.

so it makes you rich , strong , healty, inmune to curses and a saint , I wont complain. haha so I may use it later :)

the thing is Im focusing in just obsdian and I justr got a bunch of many diferent rocks! and when wearing obsidian I just feels it negates all other crystals and any other outside energy I may be getting haha I think I should get a smaller obsidian but I feel like I'd be betraying my pendant haha

and I agree with you about the shaman thing , the symbols may be diferent but the concept is the sanme, it is universal , and after all that is why tarot works , its like an archetype it could be the hierophant. but that is the symbol that is closer to me and to wich I can relate and see much more easily.

I know you are having a love affair with the obsidian - I understand this, I feel that way about Alexandrite - but if it is negating everything else, maybe give it a break for a week and try something else...? If nothing else, it will make you appreciate your obsidian more...but give the other ones a chance too :) you'll be amazed what you find! :D

DownwardSpiral

haha thank you , that one post was soooo weird , I blame the head/ thrideye ache X) haha

thats the thing with the obsidian , I always feel like there something behind the blackness. like looking into a window in the midle of the night

I think that " not forcing it" is what helped me , whenever I had tried before , I was too focused on seeing something , anything , and that night I was just looking into it.

and yes this pendant is important to me , but I dont know why , there really is no reason , I think Im grateful of something , maybe it helped me in a way I dont realize.

Maybe your obsidian is drawing you to find out "what" is behind the blackness. As you have a strong connection to your pendant...maybe it wants to "share" with you.

With scrying you have to keep your eyes totally relaxed. If you try to focus too hard...like if you start to see an image so you try to zoom in on it...notice the image is lost. Also I think if your eyes get too tired it's time to take a rest. For me the hardest part of scrying is getting the lighting right.

wildchilde

Just reviving this study thread to add some new experiences I have had with the Apache Tear obsidian I received back when this thread started about 6 months ago. Until yesterday I really have only worked passively with it as part of my medicine pouch I sometimes use with people while they are receiving Reiki.

Well, yesterday, I talked with a good friend who is from a southwest tribe (but not Apache) and he has been struggling for months with heart problems which ended up with his chest having to be completely opened up and a triple bypass performed. Somehow or another there were complications and they had to open him up again and do something and it was a very gruesome and grim situation.

This is a very strong, gruff, older guy who doesn't like to accept anything from people because he is so independent, but in his recovery he is finally learning how to open his heart enough to allow all of us who care about him to help him and after we discussed things he agreed to "experiment" with me sending him distance reiki for the next couple of weeks to try and assist his healing process.

The past three weeks he has been suffering severe PTSD (confirmed yesterday by his physicians) related to his surgery experiences as he was awake during the second surgery and could see his "insides" as they worked on him. Now every time he tries to fall asleep his body goes into panic mode and fights allowing him to relax, so he is not sleeping and feeling agitated and exaggerated pain due to being exhausted.

Well, last night as I was preparing to begin my first reiki distance healing session with him, I was "instructed" by my guides to pull out that Apache Tear. It is a beautiful piece with a lot of light and very peaceful and rather large too. I also incorporated a quartz crystal carved turtle. Last night's session both these crystals presided over the healing work but did not get "directly" involved except at one point working on the third chakra I felt the need to place the obsidian over the chakra to absorb the fear he has been feeling.

Tonight the obsidian was even more powerfully involved, however, it's placement seemed almost counter-intuitive to me but I do not question my guides nor the wisdom of the crystal to know what is needed. Soooo, the obsidian sat on his third eye chakra for nearly a quarter of the session. This had a very calming effect and seemed to clear a lot of energetic confusion and feelings of unworthiness, fear, and cellular memory issues. I also tried to use the session to direct the negative energy away from him to be absorbed by the obsidian, replacing that with pure love and light streaming from the quartz crystal.

What I noticed most about the obsidian is how COLD it is. Even in the midst of reiki flowing blazing hot, the obsidian stayed absolutely cold (not ice cold, but more like a glass of cold spring water) and this seemed to be what gave it the ability to absorb anything negative or unhealthy.

Healing Crystals for you has this to say about the healing properties of the Apache Tear:
The energy of the Apache Tears will strengthen the blood and the immune system... and they will help the body to assimilate Vitamin C and D.

Their energy within the sacral chakra helps to aid the removal of disharmonious energies in relationships.

They assist with the reduction of toxins in the body by aiding their removal. They may calm muscle spasms and enhance vitality and strength within the body.

Within the heart chakra their energy will assist the emotional body to heal... from old issues of an emotional nature. They may bring through joy as they encourage you to feel more positive about life.

and shimmerlings says this about obsidians
Obsidian in general helps to alleviate pain, reducing tension and releasing energy; it is also told to accelerate the physical healing of wounds. Obsidian is an excellent stone simply to have around to absorb and transform the negative energies in to positive. It will vibrate calmness and security, and stabilize the energies of all persons within it's reach.

Given the situation and the resulting PTSD symptoms, I feel like the Apache Tear was the perfect stone to go to for this work.

DownwardSpiral

thanks for sharing wildchilde. I tend to think of obsidian as being protecting and your story shows it has so much more to offer. That's interesting that the stone stayed cold.

earl

I'd like to add my recent experience with black obsidian.

A few hours ago at around half-past 9 pm, I was on my way home from school. I was wearing my bracelet on my right arm that has a large bead of black obsidian and a combination of blue lace agate, aquamarine, fluorite, pyrite and clear quartz beads.

And as I was walking towards the train station, I felt that my right arm was tingling. I felt a bit uneasy and I also noticed that there were two people walking very closely behind me. I instinctively walked a bit faster than usual and then a thought hit me. I realized that the two people behind me were trying to steal from my backpack. I immediately removed my bag from my back and noticed that the front pocket was open. I looked back and saw that the two "gays" were now walking on the opposite direction as if they were just bystanders acting all innocent. I thought that they had stolen my mp3 player and my phone which was on the front pocket of my bag. I was about to run after them when I saw my phone and my mp3 still in my bag.

I felt shaken after it all. But I know for a fact that the single piece of Black obsidian bead was the one who "warned" me that I am in danger. I know that the bracelet I was wearing also has a lot of other crystal beads on it, but I really feel that it was the black obsidian that warned me.