Essential oils?

Clovergirl

I love the combination of gardenia and carnation. Diluted with carrier. It is great for massage!

RichardofGlouster

I use Peppermint Oil for migraine headaches. It is FANTASTIC! I carry it with me in my purse.

What oils do you use or would recommend for depression and anxiety. Rose oil was mentioned - any others?

- Labhraín

Hi Labhrain,

I don't know if you like this smell or not, but jasmine is also believed to be an anti-depressant. I spoke of it before just praising the sweet smell, but didn't mention this aspect. For me it is actually even more helpful than rose on just mood-elevation, it is wonderful. I currently use poet's Jasmine (grandiflorum) though I have heard great things about Persian Jasmine (sambac) too. Frankincense is also associated with alleviating depression. I have used frankincense essential oil, and while its been a nice additive to homemade soaps I've made, I didn't notice a difference in my mood when I used the oil in aromatherapy. I did however feel burning frankincense resin/tears was extremely uplifting.

Essential waters can also be very helpful. I know of an online store that specializes in every type of water that you can think of. I buy a Roman chamomile essential water that has the calming effect of the essential oil for me without the cost. I would like to mention the name of the shop, but I am a very new user and don't know if it is allowed to post a link or not. Is that okay?

While it is not an essential oil I also had a lot of success with saffron supplements for depression.

rmcfarron

I have found clementine oil to be simply marvelous for depression and anxiety disorders. Diffusing it through the room can stop an anxiety or panic attack in it's tracks for me. Rose oil, for me, is softer, calming, smoothing rather than strongly uplifting. An online store I frequent has a special blend for anxiety which also works very well, along with a few "relaxation" blends that help. PM me and I'll send you their info - I don't know if we can post links here. And as several people have mentioned, lavender is great for so many reasons!

I use Peppermint Oil for migraine headaches. It is FANTASTIC! I carry it with me in my purse.

What oils do you use or would recommend for depression and anxiety. Rose oil was mentioned - any others?

- Labhraín

Labhraín

I have found clementine oil to be simply marvelous for depression and anxiety disorders. Diffusing it through the room can stop an anxiety or panic attack in it's tracks for me. Rose oil, for me, is softer, calming, smoothing rather than strongly uplifting. An online store I frequent has a special blend for anxiety which also works very well, along with a few "relaxation" blends that help. PM me and I'll send you their info - I don't know if we can post links here. And as several people have mentioned, lavender is great for so many reasons!

Just sent you a PM. :)