Well..Imma newbie...full of questions

isthmus nekoi

punkangelgcm437 said:
Oh no, Its not that I dont understand Caps...I just find most of them too stubborn and they tend not to like me. Ive known a few and have had some pretty icky fights with them.
Hm.... well signs right beside each other can be very different, often holding opposite qualities, so since you are a Sag ASC, and 9th house sun (9th is ruled by Sag), you may not find it as easy to get along w/Caps as much as the other signs.

punkangelgcm437 said:
And Cancers to me are way protect of like...everything....they are so inside their shells...and Scorpios are like that too...But I somehow know how to get into a Scorpios shell but cant a Cancers...yuh know what I mean?
I find the dif b/w Cancer and Scorp as signs is that crabs will retreat, scorpions will sting! Both signs can create a 'wall', but crabs are more defense focused while scorpions are on the offense. As for Pisces, those fish are so hard to pin down, they don't need shells or stingers ^_~

punkangelgcm437 said:
even get to witness it.And when I do cry in public it's because of physical hurt..like spraining my ankel...definitely not emotional hurt.
And oh dear, I think I'm worse than you - I tend not to cry from physical hurt. I actually *laugh* when I'm in pain!! Ppl think it's crazy, but really, I don't enjoy it or think pain is funny! I don't mind crying in private though. Must be that 12th house sun.

punkangelgcm437 said:
Wait...what? I can have more than one sign in a house??
Yes, you can have more than one sign in your house. See how in your chart Cancer and Cap don't cross over the cusp (edge) of a house? They're sort of sandwiched there in the 1st and 7th house? That means they're intercepted.

p.s. Since you're just a beginner, you may find it helpful to learn the connections b/w signs, houses, planets and their respective elements/qualities. It's a bit of memorization, but it'll help loads!

p.p.s. Wow, the astro forum is jumpin today! Good old Gemini!

Keslynn

Also, I think there's a thread somewhere on here about the best books for beginners. That's not to say that the material here isn't excellent, but a lot of the time, books have had diagrams that really helped me out.

:) Kes

punkangelgcm437

Isthmus....Wow...yay.

I think it was you or Minderwiz who gave me the link to the one website (Like Bob's Thing or something) and it's really good. Amazing actually.

Im still super confuzzled on the 'more than one sign in a house' thing...and even there more than one how would you be able to tell??

Your cancer/scorp thing I think is true. And Libra can "beat anyone on the offense side" (got that from that website or astro)...but trying to get on defensive is hard...the Cancer's just wont let me in!

Now as for your Pisces...I dont know many of them...actually I only know 1 well enough to comment on...and she's super sensitive and lets me know everything (She's also one of my best friends tho so)...so pinning her down isnt so hard for me. Hmm. That just sounded like mean and manipulative. LOL.

Thanks for your help!!!

silverting

hiz...what about no sign in air???? if you are interested i have 6 earth...2 fire..(rising...sun...moon..) 2 water.....(with mercury in pisces and its the only sign in mutable)

Minderwiz

Isthmus/PunkAngel,

On the interceptions - I tend to opeate on the basis that the interecepted sign is a sort of secondary ruler, not as important as the cusp ruler but still needs to be considered in relation to the House. In Punk Angel's case, Capricorn is intercepted in the first, so I would see Saturn playing a role secondary to the Chart ruler Jupiter. This is not an easy association at all and its no wonder that PunkAngel has a thing about Capricorn - there's something of a battle going on about how she should present to the world - Jupiter wants to be expansive, gushing, fun-loving and all the other Jupiterian things, whilst Saturn is as usual rather keen to see things kept under control. Jupiter is likely to keep winning though - Saturn is in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter.

Cancer (and the Moon) will also be important in Seventh House affairs, though Mercury as house ruler is again more doing things than being passive - I find Mercury in many ways the least passive of all the planets - he has to be doing something all the time.

isthmus nekoi

punkangel,

Wow, this is difficult to describe w/o a diagram.... In most charts, all the signs 'cusp' or cover the barrier of a house. For example, you will notice that your chart has lines running up from the center of your chart, and ending in the middle of a sign. However, you will see that you don't have any lines running into Cap/Can. They hit the surrounding signs instead. That's what I meant by Cap/Can being 'sandwiched' by the other signs, does that make sense?

silverting, with no air planets, you may find you are not interested in abstracted, hypothetical kinds of thinking. w/your strong earth placements, you may prefer communicating about concrete things, practical matters.

Minderwiz

PunkAngel,

I forgot to thank you for posting your natal details - I now have a chart so I hope that I can be a bit more use in some of your future questions.

punkangelgcm437

Hiya everyone..

Thanks to everyone for helping me out! Much love to yall!

Minderwiz...my newest best buddy :), OK...so you got's my natal chart (and thats just planets and houses and what signs they're all in basically right....cuz I have something similar I believe from astro.com)....is there any way to determine like....what signs are in the houses and that dont cusp over?? And even if you could, would that take like forever and alot of work and would I need to just pick one or two houses for you to do??? Did any of what I just said make any sense??

~Much Love~
~October 7th, 1987 @ 12:55 PM Kokomo Indiana~

isthmus nekoi

Hi punkangel, hm... I'm not entirely sure we're talking about the same thing anymore. Have you taken a look at your chart, or are you just looking at the numbers? Because it is *loads* easier to look at the chart itself... if you look at the natal chart wheel, it becomes very easy to see intercepted houses - you can pick em out at a glance!

w/a Sag ASC, you have:
Sag cusping 1st and 12th
Cap - intercepted
Aqu - 2nd
Pis - 3rd
Aries - 4th
Taurus - 5th
Gem - 6th and 7th
Cancer - intercepted
Leo - 8th
Libra - 9th
Scorpio - 10th

To *see* your chart, click on the 'free horoscopes' tab on astro.com, scroll down and click on the link that says "chart drawing, Ascendent". Hope this helps!

Minderwiz

Re: Hiya everyone..

punkangelgcm437 said:

Did any of what I just said make any sense??

~Much Love~
~October 7th, 1987 @ 12:55 PM Kokomo Indiana~

Hi PunkAngel,

In a word 'No' :) :) :)

Just slow down a bit and ask what you would particularly like to know about -

All of you or

Some part of your life, or

Some particular part of your chart

And I'll try my best to answer you - remember I'm old and doddery LOL