Well..Imma newbie...full of questions

isthmus nekoi

lol Minderwiz....

punkangel, there are sooo many exciting things when you first start out w/astrology, so many new terms and technicalities (many of which I haven't learned yet!).... so don't worry if you don't grasp them right away. I hope my post clarified which signs cusped which houses, please let us know if this didn't help.

Moongold

Moonsense....

Hi Sarah,

Minderwiz is NOT old and doddery, as he says :laugh:. I think he might be around my age, something like that, and as you know (I hope) I'm not old and doddery. Just wise and beautiful......

It's all quite bewildering when you start out, but you already have some of the fundamentals. You know something about the signs, as you showed in the reading for Sobe. Can I make a suggestion? It's worth spending a few hours on this. Take the chart you have from astro.com and go to this thread that Minderwiz and Isthmus set up and read it alongside your chart.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8557

Alternatively, go to the site Isthmus may have mentioned to you run by Bob Marks, He has a set of introductory classes as well. There is another guy called Moses Sinegar , or something like that, who has a site calleed 'Astrology for the Soul' which also has classes.

I found it really hard at first to even ask questions that made sense, as Minderwiz and Isthmus will tell you. I'm sure they remember. A couple of hours spent reading about the fundamentals would be time well used.

Even going to your local library and getting a good book on astrology would be worthwhile. There are some listed in the thread I mentioned.

My best wishes....and don't go away.....just try some of this reading and see what other questions it leads you towards :)

Minderwiz

Moongold,

You are DEFINITELY Wise AND Beautiful - and as you say when you first hit Astrology it can be most confusing. That's why I think it's best to start asking simple questions - what is an Ascendant or What is a cusp or even can it tell me who I going to marry.

Then build up from there. If you're learning start with the basics - what's a sign, what's a planet what's a house and individually, what do the signify.

So, PunkAngel my new best buddy - start with one simple question and we'll try and answer it and then come back with another and another - and we'll work our way to the light. :)

Your enthusiasm really makes me want to explain things to you and I love you for it - but I have to have a clear idea of what it is I'm trying to explain. Isthmus is young and vibrant and she will help me try and get it right :) and Moongold's wisdom will keep me on track.

punkangelgcm437

My Houses & My Question

1: Saggitarius
2: Aquarius
3: Pisces
4: Aries
5: Taurus
6: Gemini
7: Gemini
8: Leo
9: Virgo *isthmus you forgot virgo and numbered wrong :), thats okay I'm here to save the day!*
10: Libra
11: Scorpio
12: Saggitarius

Moongold, you are so far from old and doddery that....it shouldnt be used in the same sentence!
Minderwiz, Thanks so much. We'll start slower...I have a thing for wanting to know everything at once...so I'll slow down a bit.
Isthmus..thanks for your help!
Yay..cheers for my new bestest buddies!! Yay! INternet friends are so fun...:)

OKiday, we'll start with lil questions.
*What is an ascendant?* I know it's where all your signs and houses start, but I dont really understand it much beyond that.

*And does every house have a planet in it? Can one house have more than one planet in it?*

~Much Love~
~Punk Angel~

isthmus nekoi

*LOL* Minderwiz, that's too much!! And neither you nor Moongold are doddery! (and Moongold, we know you are beautiful w/that Venus in 1st lol)

whoops, punkangel, thanks for point that out... I totally forgot Virgo, and the 11th house!! Ok then, let me try to answer your qs...

An ascendent isn't actually a body like the planets, it's an angle. It is calculated by the eastern horizon at your time/place of birth. Whichever sign is 'ascending' on the east when you were born will become your rising sign which is in your case, Sag. You can see that the ASC angle demarcates the beginning of your first house. (p.s. don't worry about the technicalities of calculating the ASC - I haven't bothered to learn yet actually!!)

And usually, you will not have planets in *every* house, nor every sign. So you will most likely have more than one planet the same house or sign. Let's take a look at your chart for example:

You have planets in the 1st (Neptune), 4th (moon, jupiter), 9th (sun, mars), 10th (venus, pluto, merc) and 12th (saturn, uran), but the others are empty (unless you count the north node, which is that little upsidedown 'U' w/circles at the ends, and Chiron, which looks like a key). Of course, that doesn't mean the other houses aren't important to your life, only that houses w/planets have a more significance.

Minderwiz

Taking things forward from Isthmus' explanation of what the Ascendant is, I'll say something about what it means.

The Ascendant came into the light at the same moment you did- so it indicates how you will project yourself to the world - the mask you wear or the way others tend to see you.

In your case with a Sagittarian Ascendant you will appear a larger than life, expansive person, someone who seems to want to expand who they are, to learn and to travel. You appear confident, good company, someone who liks a challenge.

Whether this outer you is the 'real' you or the 'you' that you identify with depends on the other placements, especially Sun, Moon and then Mercury, Venus and Mars in that order.

punkangelgcm437

So, my 1st, 4th, 9th, and 10th are the most important. Hmm..outer self, home, thinking, and career/public image.

Hmm... I dont care what people think of me!! Career I suppose doesnt apply..and I guess I think alot. At I'm at home alot too. Hmm.

What about my love house! 7th? Hmm...I suppose I'm already a Libra, they decided to save the 7th house for some other people ;)

punkangelgcm437

Minderwiz...
sun-Libra, Moon-Aries, Mercury-Scorpio, Venus-Libra, Mars-Virgo, Acendent-Saggitarius.

Thats prettymuch my mixture of what signs I feel I am. I'm a Libra/Sag/Scorp/Aries/Virgo. Go me!!

Hmm...I kinda get it. So when I was brought into this world, Sag was coming up too?? Neato.

I think I appear to be confident, firey, wont take crap form anyone, and who wants to expand who I am. And I feel alot of that is true. I am semi-confident, pretty firey, and I wont take crap from people either. And I obviously expanding who I am right now, studing tarot and now astrology...(must be that 9th house higher thinking kicking in right? ;) )

Minderwiz

PunkAngel,

Sounds like we've hit on the right combination.

Also you might not care what people thing of you but you still project an image to them. The first House is important because it gives an insight into your view of yourself on the one hand against everyone else on the other - the first/seventh opposition.

For romance you might try the fifth - the seventh is more established partnerships such as marriage or business. The seventh may give an indication of the type of partner you will eventually settle down with, the fifth gives an indication of how you approach short term romantic relationships - and indeed hobbies pastimes, creative activities, and your children (when and if)

punkangelgcm437

5th House-Taurus...hmm...I dont know a whole lot about Taurus. Hmm. Next mission. :)