Help! How do I get a *good* chart interpretation?

Minderwiz

Reading Part One

I'm posting this in roughly three parts. The first is a fairly general reading concentrating on the main features of your chart. It does give clues to the answer you are looking for. However I will develop on that theme more in the second post looking at Returns, Transits and Progressions and more particularly (hopefully) in a horary reading on the question you asked.

Well, the most obvious feature of your chart is the five planet stelium in Aquaries which straddles the MC. With Sun and Venus (10th) and Saturn (9th) all conjunct the MC and Jupiter conjunct the Sun and Mercury conjunct Jupiter, both in the 10th. . Because the conjunctions overlap it is possible to treat this stelium as a continuous conjunction.

The MC shows how the potential in the Ascendant will be realised and indeed the extent to which realisation requires concerted effort.

The overall element balance shows a lack of Fire, the ability to assert and drive forwards, though this is partly offset by the house placements – Again you might, through experience have learned to assert yourself, but it is unlikely to come naturally to you. The strengths lie in Air – ideas and the mind and through the development of the Earth element through experience to give a substantial grounding.

The Chart shape is a very rough ‘see-saw’ , balancing around the 5th/11th axis – your challenge is to balance the career, the realisation of potential, the social position on the one hand with ensuring adequate relaxation and maintaining a balance of health on the other.

In your case the Ascendant is in Gemini, ruled by Mercury (itself part of the tenth stelium). You were also born at a Mercury Hour so Mercury is an important planet in your chart. Modern Astrologers have Mercury exalted in Aquarius, though this is not part of the traditional exaltations and it rules the Air triplicity by night (though yours is a day birth). With such an Ascendant you will project to the world as a friendly, gregarious person, into everything and wanting to know about everything. Geminis are often seen as someone who starts things and then finds themselves diverted by something more interesting. However in your case I think you probably have learned to overcome that tendency because of the Aquarian fixed quality that dominates your chart.

Your Ascendant is trined by both Venus and Jupiter, the two benefics. This should mean that you get on well with people and easily form relationships and that you have a fairly strong need to develop and grow as a person, both spiritually and in knowledge. This tendency is again reinforced by the 10th Stelium and Aquarius MC. The Ascendant and first House also give an indication of general health, and with the trines from the benefics this is likely to be generally good. Perhaps the main threat would come from any over indulgence.

The Ascendant Ruler, Mercury is conjunct Jupiter, which makes for big ideas, an expansive mind and interest in philosophical and spiritual ideas and possibly a tendency to talk a lot. Mercury is also opposed by Uranus, which suggests radical and/or unconventional ideas. Stephen Arroyo links this combination to a photographic memory. The problem may be that with the opposition the pairing brings flashes of inspiration which might be lost. You have a strong Saturn in your chart and this may give you the discipline to learn how to keep hold of such inspirational flashes.

The Aquarius MC is flanked by Sun and Venus and Saturn. Saturn has much essential dignity – it is traditionally the ruler of Aquarius and rules the Air triplicity by Day (and yours is a day birth) – Here it will bring the discipline, planning and organising skills you need. It also rules the ninth house of journeys – educational, spiritual, philosophic and geographical. It act as the disciplined link between the need to develop yourself and the demonstration of that development in the social world. It also suggests that you are a disciplined learner and have a clear way forward. The Gemini side may lead to you wanting to know about everything – Saturn gives you the power to realise that goal. It rules your Sun and is conjunct with it, giving you a powerful and controlled means of expressing your creativity, through your work and through your public work. It is also the sole dispositor of all the other planets in your chart – everything leads back to Saturn’s control.

The Aquarius MC wants to ‘know’ and ‘know everything’ but even more it is very important that you can prove to yourself that you know. You have all the means necessary for that quest available. Your Sun in the tenth wants to express your creativity and will through your career (or social position), Venus provides the means of using relationships to this end and having the personality that easily forges relationships (though the independent ‘you’ is always distinct, never a secondary figure in relationships). Jupiter gives you the ability to expand yourself through your work and deeds and Mercury gives you a mind focussed on work, career and social position. The MC also is an indicator of Spiritual Awareness. In Aquarius this comes first through knowledge, study and interaction with others. Then intuition develops and combined with knowledge provides the means through which the intellect becomes aware. The number of planets here also emphasises the need to achieve that spiritual awareness.

Are there any downsides to this? Firstly an emphasis on the public and social side can lead to a neglect of the private and domestic side. In your case the Sun rules your fourth house. You are likely to be proud of and confident in your roots and family and in your domestic circumstances. The house may not nescessarily be spotless but it is your ‘den’ where you can feel safe and prepare for the further learning to be done. The North Node lies in your fourth and looking at this from a Karmic perspective it may well be that you need to develop the power to look inside yourself and learn about what is there, rather than the easier route of public knowledge and public ‘career’.

The only planet of significance that I have omitted is the Moon in your sixth. The Moon for modern Astrologers tends to represent the female side, intuition and receptivity. It is not particularly strong in Scorpio, despite Scorpio being a Water sign it is in its Fall. The sixth is the House of ill health and the Moon rules the breast and chest area. The Moon is squared by both the benefics and Venus is the sixth House ruler. I would treat the squares more as warnings on a health side not to over indulge – smoking out, alcohol in moderation and eat wisely – result no problems. The Moon is also conjunct Neptune, there may be no real health problems but it is possible that there are imaginary ones! At a more postive note many would see this as a conjunction of intuition and spirituality. It might in some circumstances indicate a susceptibility to emotional problems, however you do not have an abundance of Water that would fuel such a situation, so I would not treat it as very likely.

Aerin

Thank you, I will have a look in detail tomorrow.

Errrr one thing - I thought 12.15am counted as night? *puzzled*

Aerin

Minderwiz

First Lesson for Astrologer

Thanks Aerin,

Here we see the importance of Astrologer reading what the client wrote and interpreting it correctly - I always take 00:15 as quarter past 12 midnight and therefore wrongly ignored the am bit after the time.

So, the chart needs to be redone :(

Some of the basics hold. but the Ascendant and House postions are likely to be significantly different. The relative positions of the planets will also hold.

So , ignore the reading and I'll do an amendment.

embarrased Astrologer slinks off up staircase to top of Castle Tower and kicks a few bats on the way up.

Aerin

(((Minderwiz))) and have a drink

Aerin

Minderwiz

Part One - Revised

The overall element balance remains the same and still shows a lack of Fire, and a strong Air. the ability to assert and drive forwards, though this is partly offset by the house placements – Again you might, through experience have learned to assert yourself, but it is unlikely to come naturally to you. The strengths lie in Air – ideas and the mind and through the development of the Earth element through experience to give a substantial grounding. There is an extremely strong ‘Fixed’ sign bias – this tends to show someone who has a clear fixed purpose, and the strength to see things through, though perhaps an unwillingness to change course till the evidence that change is required is extremely strong. Apart from Mars all your planets are in Angular Houses or (in the case of Saturn) conjunct one of the Angles. The Angular Houses are concerned with activating and generating energy for use. This again is probably something you will acquire from experience but it complements the fixed signs, suggesting that you can initiate new activities, new plans and used the fixed energy to see them through.

The most obvious feature of your chart is the five planet stelium in Aquarius which now straddles the IC and occupies the fourth House, apart from Saturn which is on the third House side but conjunct the Descendant.

The IC shows your private side, made up of family (including previous generations), roots, home and indeed inner self. With such a stelium here the focus is very much on the inner self and living life in the context of your roots. The Sun is traditionally the natural ruler of the fourth, which is the House of the Father and the Sun (and Saturn) can be seen as father symbols. Aquarius is the sign of the directed enquiring mind – what was traditionally seen as ‘science’. I take Aquarius as more probing and unwilling to accept conventional wisdom simply on say so. Aquarius wants to know why. Thus relationships will be primarily concerned with that ‘scientific’ search for knowledge, but primarily self knowledge. Before you can venture into the world you need to know yourself. The temple of Apollo at Delphi had the motto ‘Know Thyself’ inscribed on its walls. That is your motto. Self knowledge is the key to all knowledge. You will expand yourself through greater knowledge of yourself and where you came from – in the deepest sense of the phrase. As well as the ‘inner self’ you may well be interested in family history and genealogy.

The Ascendant has shifted, it is now in Libra and is therefore ruled by Venus, which conjoins the Sun in the fourth. You will be seen as projecting yourself into the world as a person who is fair, loves justice, can see all sides of an argument and who strives for balance and harmony in life. Venus is conjunct to both Sun and Jupiter blending with your creativity and will power and your need for self development and expansion. .

Your Ascendant is trined by Mercury and squared by Venus and Saturn, Mercury is the ruler of the Air triplicity by night and so has some dignity in Aquarius – it reinforces the enquiring mind as a part of the persona you project to the outside world.

Mercury also rules your ninth House of personal development – With Gemini on the cusp here you are likely to be interested in a very wide range of possibilities. The ninth is concerned metaphorically and practically with long journeys. This will include journeys of the mind through higher education, philosophy, religion and spirituality as well as journeys to foreign lands. Gemini is a very changeable sign, and is often associated with dipping into a whole lot of things rather than seeing one thing through. It’s likely that you will want to know about a wide range of ways of self development however the challenge is to use the control and direction of Saturn to ensure that you do see many of these through.

The square to the Ascendant ruler is softer than a normal square, You are seen as someone able to forge relationships, appreciate art and beauty and pursue harmony. The Venus conjunction with the Sun is your strongest aspect, both being Angular and within less than half a degree from each other. On the one hand this can lead to a love of arts and beauty, refinement but it can also lead to a love of the good time and over-indulgence. Venus squares the Moon in your first house, another strong aspect – to be in balance you need a partner, the square may make you try to hard but in a relationship you are very much at ease with yourself. The Venus conjunction with Saturn gives a solidity to your views and a platform from which relationships can grow. The Venus tendency to over indulge is likely to be more than offset by this aspect. It is also likely that for you, relationships are for life, though you may be very cautious in giving yourself before you are convinced that the relationship is right for you. The conjunction of Venus with Jupiter brings something of a lucky streak in your character, though this is not a particularly strong aspect.

Your Ascendant is also squared by Saturn which may mean that expressing yourself is something of a demanding task. Nothing comes too easily but work and effort are rewarded, especially sustained work and effort. There is also a square from Mars which may give you a strong constitution and ability to express yourself more forcefully than the lack of Fire would suggest. However it may make you somewhat accident prone and making use of Mars energy does not come easily.

Within your first House is the Moon and Neptune. These two are in conjunction, though it is not a particularly strong one. The Moon in the first suggests an intuitive personality. Traditionally the Moon is also seen as the power of reason. Not the scientific reason of today but the reasoning behind a philosophical standpoint. Reason here is always the handmaiden of the intellect – as shown by the Sun. In Scorpio the Moon shows significant depths of intuition and in the first this will translate into something of a mystical overtone to your personality. If you feel that you have psychic or hidden powers then this is where it comes from. Neptune in the first is often taken as an indication of identity issues. Separating ‘self’ from ‘other’ is not easy and is one of life’s challenges. The emphasis on knowing your self takes on an additional importance. The conjunction with Neptune here would be seen by a modern astrologer as emphasising the mystical nature of the Moon in the first. However it can over emphasise a sensitivity to suffering and possibly lead to a sense of drowning in emotions. The Moon is also square to the Sun, suggesting something of a struggle between expressing creativity and also expressing intuition. It can make you indecisive or give difficulties in focussing. It can also suggest restlessness. It can provide a need to achieve something in life – something that can be demonstrated to others. The Moon is also square to Saturn. Most modern Astrologers seen Moon/Saturn aspects as indicating feelings of defence, a rather bleak childhood and also possible issues with parents. However Saturn in Aquarius is very strong and has essential dignity. I would tend to seen the Moon aspect as indicating a more directed and controlled intuition. You can draw on intuition when you need to and use it in the process of achieving planned goals.

The Moon rules Cancer which is intercepted in your ninth. This suggests that your voyage of self discovery will also make use of your intuitive and receptive side and indeed give an outlet to the mystical potentiality of the Moon/Neptune conjunction.

Your MC is in Leo and ruled by your fourth House Sun. Leo here is usually seen as a desire to achieve social status or to show of talents to the world at large. It brings self confidence in a career or social setting and a generosity that is to be shared with the world at large. Leo is a fixed sign, strongly indicating an ability to see things through – those things being in a career or social context. The tenth House contains Uranus and Pluto. From a modern Astrological perspective that would suggest a choice of unusual or unconventional career, possibly in the sciences or computing areas but also a need to secure personal transformation through career and social status. Pluto sextiles the Moon/Neptune conjunction bringing a power to the mysticism that is there. Uranus also sextiles the Ascendant adding a little of the non-conventional to the way that you are seen by others.

The nodal axis still lies between Leo (North) and Aquarius (South) and still lie on the 10th / 4th Axis – the Karmic challenge is to recognise that love for humanity as a whole (Aquarius) must also recognise that humanity is composed of individuals and that humanitarianism can best be expressed through acts of individual generosity. This involves shifting attention from the abstract concept of humanity in the inner self (4th) to a recognition of the individuals who compose it (Society) and that social interaction, through attaining social status and pursuing a career provide the opportunities for the acts of individual generosity.

In this chart Mars is quite important for health issues, being conjunct your Part of Fortune and also ruler of the sixth. It is also the ruler of the Seventh house of partnerships, suggesting that you may well be quite assertive in partnerships. It also forms an out of sign conjunction with Saturn. This is a fairly wide conjunction and with Mars being exalted in Capricorn and Saturn in its own sign of Aquarius I would read this as adding something to your ability to control and direct your energies.

Aerin

Re: Part One - Revised

Minderwiz said:
Again you might, through experience have learned to assert yourself, but it is unlikely to come naturally to you.

True, one of those things I had to learn to do. I only do it when I tink it is important., and then if it important I can be very assertive.
There is an extremely strong ‘Fixed’ sign bias – this tends to show someone who has a clear fixed purpose, and the strength to see things through, though perhaps an unwillingness to change course till the evidence that change is required is extremely strong.

I am determined, and yes on some occasions this has been to a fault. I did some work on a personal development (NLP) course that led me to realise just how often I had kept going (esp. in relationships) even though the outcome wasn't worth it when I had it. I took from that the need to walk away earlier because it is OK to decide something isn't for me.

The IC shows your private side, made up of family (including previous generations), roots, home and indeed inner self. With such a stelium here the focus is very much on the inner self and living life in the context of your roots.

I feel my local roots strongly. I have had the opportunity to go abroad a couple of times to work, and just can't imagine wanting to.

. Aquarius is the sign of the directed enquiring mind – what was traditionally seen as ‘science’. I take Aquarius as more probing and unwilling to accept conventional wisdom simply on say so. Aquarius wants to know why. Thus relationships will be primarily concerned with that ‘scientific’ search for knowledge, but primarily self knowledge. Before you can venture into the world you need to know yourself. The temple of Apollo at Delphi had the motto ‘Know Thyself’ inscribed on its walls. That is your motto. Self knowledge is the key to all knowledge. You will expand yourself through greater knowledge of yourself and where you came from – in the deepest sense of the phrase. As well as the ‘inner self’ you may well be interested in family history and genealogy.

I first trained as a physicist, I still have an abiding interest in natural philosophy. As soon as I had access to management type training I got more and more interested in psychology, am doing a psychology degree and have spent c. 2 1/2 yrs studying NLP which is all about knowing yourself. I love it. Tarot is also, for me, a way of knowing myself.

No real interest in genealogy unless someone else does the leg work ;)

The Ascendant has shifted, it is now in Libra and is therefore ruled by Venus, which conjoins the Sun in the fourth. You will be seen as projecting yourself into the world as a person who is fair, loves justice, can see all sides of an argument and who strives for balance and harmony in life.

I'm always trying to see all sides of an argument, and I hate conflict if it appears to be about people rather than ideas. I have been known to back down and give my turn/ rights away if to do so will prevent an argument or hurt feelings (that is, as long as it isn't a massive deal to me): drives my husband mad.

Mercury also rules your ninth House of personal development – With Gemini on the cusp here you are likely to be interested in a very wide range of possibilities. The ninth is concerned metaphorically and practically with long journeys. This will include journeys of the mind through higher education, philosophy, religion and spirituality as well as journeys to foreign lands.

Yup, I love learning, hence doing a second degree for interest's sake and Tarot and NLP and etc. Does the travel mean we will eventually go on a World Cruise??? I'm not big on roughing it...

Gemini is a very changeable sign, and is often associated with dipping into a whole lot of things rather than seeing one thing through. It’s likely that you will want to know about a wide range of ways of self development however the challenge is to use the control and direction of Saturn to ensure that you do see many of these through.

I do dip into a lot, trouble can be that I want to do everything I dip into properly. That takes a lot of time and energy. For instance, this psychology degree: I think 'well, I don't need that good a mark on this essay' and then just 'have' to spend ages on it getting it good to my satisfaction.

The square to the Ascendant ruler is softer than a normal square, You are seen as someone able to forge relationships, appreciate art and beauty and pursue harmony. The Venus conjunction with the Sun is your strongest aspect, both being Angular and within less than half a degree from each other. On the one hand this can lead to a love of arts and beauty, refinement but it can also lead to a love of the good time and over-indulgence.

See remarks on 'not liking to rough it', above ;)

Venus squares the Moon in your first house, another strong aspect – to be in balance you need a partner, the square may make you try to hard but in a relationship you are very much at ease with yourself. The Venus conjunction with Saturn gives a solidity to your views and a platform from which relationships can grow. The Venus tendency to over indulge is likely to be more than offset by this aspect. It is also likely that for you, relationships are for life, though you may be very cautious in giving yourself before you are convinced that the relationship is right for you.

Have a wonderful husband of 11 yrs plus that I hadn't realised I'd been waiting for until he came along. I am cautious in revealing myself to people right away and in making commitments of any sort unless I intend to carry them through. If I say 'I'll ring you' or 'we must have lunch' I mean it, I can never understand people who say these things and don't mean them.

The conjunction of Venus with Jupiter brings something of a lucky streak in your character, though this is not a particularly strong aspect.

Still waiting for the lottery LOL

Part 2 feedback is coming later.....
thanks minderwiz

Aerin

Aerin

Re: Part One - Revised

Minderwiz said:
Your Ascendant is also squared by Saturn which may mean that expressing yourself is something of a demanding task. Nothing comes too easily but work and effort are rewarded, especially sustained work and effort. There is also a square from Mars which may give you a strong constitution and ability to express yourself more forcefully than the lack of Fire would suggest.

Sometimes I express myself very forcefully, when I believe in something enough. Then sometimes I feel guilty about having done so, if my view conflicts with someone else. I had to do a fair amount of self development work before I could speak comfortably in public, and enjoy doing so. I still prefer smaller groups really.

However it may make you somewhat accident prone and making use of Mars energy does not come easily.

Depends on time of the month - I get clumsy :D

Within your first House is the Moon and Neptune. These two are in conjunction, though it is not a particularly strong one. The Moon in the first suggests an intuitive personality. Traditionally the Moon is also seen as the power of reason. Not the scientific reason of today but the reasoning behind a philosophical standpoint. Reason here is always the handmaiden of the intellect – as shown by the Sun. In Scorpio the Moon shows significant depths of intuition and in the first this will translate into something of a mystical overtone to your personality. If you feel that you have psychic or hidden powers then this is where it comes from.

That's interesting. I do sort of wonder sometimes, I coyunt myself as intuitive and hesitate to call myself psychic in any way.

Neptune in the first is often taken as an indication of identity issues.

*looks at previous comment*

Separating ‘self’ from ‘other’ is not easy and is one of life’s challenges. The emphasis on knowing your self takes on an additional importance. The conjunction with Neptune here would be seen by a modern astrologer as emphasising the mystical nature of the Moon in the first. However it can over emphasise a sensitivity to suffering and possibly lead to a sense of drowning in emotions.

I have had to find a way to stand back: especially growing up, I had a tendence to take on other people's problems and then not be able to cope. As a consequence, I have become far clearer about my boundaries and do sometimes feel the need to step away before I start to feel responsible for other people's issues. Learning to coach has really helped, I now know the signs when I am about to get pulled in and have time to do something about it mentally.

The Moon is also square to the Sun, suggesting something of a struggle between expressing creativity and also expressing intuition. It can make you indecisive or give difficulties in focussing. It can also suggest restlessness. It can provide a need to achieve something in life – something that can be demonstrated to others.

Yes I do sometimes find it difficult to focus on just one thing, luckily my determination makes things finish. I wonder, why should expressing creativity and intuition be a struggle? - I tend to see them as complementary/ going together. Any thoughts?

The Moon is also square to Saturn. Most modern Astrologers seen Moon/Saturn aspects as indicating feelings of defence, a rather bleak childhood and also possible issues with parents.

Aaaaaaa - that's why this stuff keeps coming up in computerised reports! This is one of the key things I just can't relate to my experience, which was of a happy childhood and good parental and sibling relationships. My father's (and therefore my) relationship with his family was however far more uncertain and could be described as bleak. However, since we never saw much of them it didn't strike me as a problem.

Can this relate to other wider family relationships?

I am something of a worrier. Is this related at all?

However Saturn in Aquarius is very strong and has essential dignity. I would tend to seen the Moon aspect as indicating a more directed and controlled intuition. You can draw on intuition when you need to and use it in the process of achieving planned goals.

Yes, I do very often. This rings true.

The Moon rules Cancer which is intercepted in your ninth. This suggests that your voyage of self discovery will also make use of your intuitive and receptive side and indeed give an outlet to the mystical potentiality of the Moon/Neptune conjunction.

This feels very much like what I want to do, and am journeying on.

Your MC is in Leo and ruled by your fourth House Sun. Leo here is usually seen as a desire to achieve social status or to show of talents to the world at large. It brings self confidence in a career or social setting and a generosity that is to be shared with the world at large. Leo is a fixed sign, strongly indicating an ability to see things through – those things being in a career or social context. The tenth House contains Uranus and Pluto. From a modern Astrological perspective that would suggest a choice of unusual or unconventional career, possibly in the sciences or computing areas but also a need to secure personal transformation through career and social status.

I'm not especially hipped on social status, I do like to do things where I can see I have made a difference though. Having made an initial career in physics, then management consultancy, banking and coaching I am about to move into teaching. The main thing my career path shows is change and development: it isn't a conventional set of things and while it is logical to me other people often don't see at as such. I could very easily have gone into computing, but I am too interested in people for that to be totally satisfying (why I moved away from physics).

Pluto sextiles the Moon/Neptune conjunction bringing a power to the mysticism that is there. Uranus also sextiles the Ascendant adding a little of the non-conventional to the way that you are seen by others.

People tend to see me as conventional until they get to know me and start finding out more (e.g. Tarot).

The nodal axis still lies between Leo (North) and Aquarius (South) and still lie on the 10th / 4th Axis – the Karmic challenge is to recognise that love for humanity as a whole (Aquarius) must also recognise that humanity is composed of individuals and that humanitarianism can best be expressed through acts of individual generosity. This involves shifting attention from the abstract concept of humanity in the inner self (4th) to a recognition of the individuals who compose it (Society) and that social interaction, through attaining social status and pursuing a career provide the opportunities for the acts of individual generosity.

Teaching seems to fit here?

In this chart Mars is quite important for health issues, being conjunct your Part of Fortune and also ruler of the sixth. It is also the ruler of the Seventh house of partnerships, suggesting that you may well be quite assertive in partnerships. It also forms an out of sign conjunction with Saturn. This is a fairly wide conjunction and with Mars being exalted in Capricorn and Saturn in its own sign of Aquarius I would read this as adding something to your ability to control and direct your energies.

Direction is good. Especially given my tendency to want to know everything about everything.

I do know what I want from partnership, even while being very conscious of what the other's experience is and wanting to add to it. There are points beyond which I will not compromise, they are few but important e.g. believing that each person's needs as well as the relationship's needs have to be in balance.

I hope this feedback is useful to you, this interpretation is extremely useful to me

Aerin

Minderwiz

Thanks for the feedback Aerin,

As someone who still has a lot to learn about Astrology, feedback is always useful.

I'll do a couple of short posts on your return charts and on the main question that you asked.

Minderwiz

I notice from your Solar Return for this year that the Sun is again in the fourth House (it can be elsewhere) indicating that this is a year when home, family, roots and the inner self is particularly important. These years are oneswhere personal growth is an important issue.

For the Solar Return, the fourth cusp is in Capricorn, but is again ruled by Saturn as in your birth chart. Saturn is in Gemini in the ninth of personal development and in mutual reception with Mercury (ninth ruler) in the third but conjunct the IC. Again more evidence of the focus on personal development as an important issue for this year. Jupiter the planet ruling personal development is in the tenth House (indicating that this might be something that you want now to take out to others) but it is Retrograde and in opposition to the Sun. You will be in two minds about this and perhaps feel that it is still something that you need to contemplate and think about.

The Moon is in the third House conjunct to Venus - on a day to day level you are wanting to communicate and in a fairly expansive way, though Moon and Venus oppose Saturn in the ninth. The desire to communicate may not nescessarily be taking you in the direction of that development that is the central focus of this year.

You posted your queries the day after your Lunar return for August. The Moon rules the Cancer Ascendant and the first House Saturn. Saturn rules a whole quadrant of your chart with two houses in Capricorn (7th and 8th) and two in Aquarius (9th and 10th). The Moon itself is in the fifth indicating a focus this month on children, or relaxation and company (Libra on cusp of fifth).

Jupiter this month is on the IC, so again we have the theme of personal growth and development linked to the inner self.

For all the three charts I have looked at the issue of personal growth and development is central. It is certainly beating on your door this year. However it looks like a development of the inner self, rather than a career development or a development of relationships or friendships. Each time the Moon, Saturn and Jupiter seem to crop up in important roles - intuition, control and direction and personal growth.

Aerin

Minderwiz said:
I notice from your Solar Return for this year that the Sun is again in the fourth House (it can be elsewhere) indicating that this is a year when home, family, roots and the inner self is particularly important. These years are oneswhere personal growth is an important issue.

For the Solar Return, the fourth cusp is in Capricorn, but is again ruled by Saturn as in your birth chart. Saturn is in Gemini in the ninth of personal development and in mutual reception with Mercury (ninth ruler) in the third but conjunct the IC. Again more evidence of the focus on personal development as an important issue for this year.

Personal development is always an important issue, but yes, this year even more so. I'm starting a teacher training course in September and I know it will stretch me, I'm also finishing my psychology degree, and also investigating several different spiritual paths (and by spiritual I am not really talking about religious-spiritual, more connection with the wider community, world and higher consciousness spiritual).

I am also very conscious of developing and growing my relationship with my partner, and with family.

Jupiter the planet ruling personal development is in the tenth House (indicating that this might be something that you want now to take out to others) but it is Retrograde and in opposition to the Sun. You will be in two minds about this and perhaps feel that it is still something that you need to contemplate and think about.

Well, I'm doing a traditional teacher training course because I don't just want to learn on the job, I've always learnt on the job and I want this to be different. I'm kind of thinky anyway before I do things.

The Moon is in the third House conjunct to Venus - on a day to day level you are wanting to communicate and in a fairly expansive way, though Moon and Venus oppose Saturn in the ninth. The desire to communicate may not nescessarily be taking you in the direction of that development that is the central focus of this year.

Not sure what to make of this, I haven't had any special communication desire although I have arranged to see several (friends including one from college I haven't seen for c. 20 years) this week. Perhaps this.

You posted your queries the day after your Lunar return for August. The Moon rules the Cancer Ascendant and the first House Saturn. Saturn rules a whole quadrant of your chart with two houses in Capricorn (7th and 8th) and two in Aquarius (9th and 10th). The Moon itself is in the fifth indicating a focus this month on children, or relaxation and company (Libra on cusp of fifth).

Jupiter this month is on the IC, so again we have the theme of personal growth and development linked to the inner self.

Certainly relaxation and company focus, and I'm focusing on children in the sense of worrying about September ;)

Interesting, the timing of my query.

For all the three charts I have looked at the issue of personal growth and development is central. It is certainly beating on your door this year. However it looks like a development of the inner self, rather than a career development or a development of relationships or friendships. Each time the Moon, Saturn and Jupiter seem to crop up in important roles - intuition, control and direction and personal growth.

My inner self feels wanted. It will be interesting to see what my course brings. I also have quite a few books and tapes I have recently invested in that are all about my inner self and my relationship with the world. (For me anyway.)

Aerin