for punkangel

isthmus nekoi

Hi Sarah,

Hm.... I don't see any major indications of psychic ability but there are certainly some elements that may help in that area:

Mercury and Pluto in Scorp sextiling Neptune would be the strongest indication of psychic ability (Neptune sextile Pluto in itself is no big deal since they move slooooow but Merc's tight conj to Pluto makes this important). Pluto is also strong in this position b/c its the ruler of Scorp and is your final dispositor.
Pisces cusps your 3rd house which again gives your Merc a psychic 'flavor'.
Take note that these placements might express themselves in artistic ability though, instead of psychic ability.

Moon is conj Jupiter which rules your 12th house
Jupiter is trine Neptune (however this trine is weak - out of sign and by 9 degrees)
Moon (and Jupiter) is trined by your 12th house planets - however, Saturn and Uranus are not well known for their psychic abilities, at least not on their own. Pluto, Moon and Neptune are the ones to look out for.

punkangelgcm437

Isthmus..

Thank you so much for looking at my chart for me.

I think the artist ability is more accurate...cuz I'm a songwriter (well...for myself and nothing too special, but yuh know, Diane Warren had to start somewhere right?). Plus I wa sa decent painter in a painting class I took and was in band until it began to take up too much time and suck. I guess I'm pretty artistic.

I just wanted to see if I was born with it or if I'm developing it. Either way, I was gonna be happy. And you looking at my chart was appreciated and I really gotta thank you for it.

Thank you again, and if you ever need a tarot reading...come to me! I have references..LOL.

~Much Love~
~Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

You're very welcome! I forgot to add though, if you are really interested in this, to try to get a second opinion, as I have *very little* experience trying to determine psychic ability via natal chart!!

You know, I think artistic ability is kinda related to psychic ability. I think it just all depends on how the person channels it, how they develop their skills..... I also love the arts, but don't think I have any real psychic ability. But maybe it wouldn't have ended up that way if I didn't have art to channel the energy into?....

Oh yes, and Neptune rules music and Merc rules words so put them together and songwriting makes a lot of sense! Poetry too ^_^

Moongold

I'm catching the back of this thread!

How would you determine latent psychic abilities, Isthmus?

12th House placements would be significant, depending on which planet, and the aspects I imagine. Pisces also seems to be significant, again with qualifications. Neptune, Pluto, Jupiter and Uranus are all significant I've read but it depends on where they are placed and how they relate to other chart features.

Edward Cayce did a whole lot of stuff on this.

punkangelgcm437

Isthmus...something else awesome about that. My Neptune & Mercury Sextile eachother in the signs of Capricorn & Scorpio.

I just write songs and poems just cuz its like therapy. Better than any shrink (tried em, I didnt click with em). I mean, I have poems and songs about the guys in my life, my friends, everything. Even tried an astrology/guy song...didnt work out too well for me. It's in the 'Junkie Attempts But Has Potential' catogory.

But, I'll see about second opinons.

~Much Love~
~Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

I have erred on the side of 'not psychic' b/c our society does not encourage development of psychic skills, in fact it hardly acknowledges it at all.... I'm sort of coming from the school of 'if you don't use it, you lose it' although who knows? I have no idea how psychic ability works!

Another point I stuck to is that you cannot just look at the aspects that show potential. Let's take for example, 12th house Merc sextile Neptune. This does indicate a serious connection, however, unless other chart factors come into play, it may not be structured enough (ie w/weak Saturn) etc for it to evolve into what may be deemed 'psychic'. ie. If said Neptune was opposing Mars, I would question whether the native had enough control over the opposition to use the sextile towards psychic ability. This is just my hypothesis though, I unfortunately don't have many ppl to test this theory out w/....

The one person who I believe had genuine gifts in the psychic realm had powerful aspects involving Neptune that really popped out. I'd never seen anything like it before and haven't since. Unless I see something that strong, I'm erring on the 'not psychic' or at least 'not strong psychic' side for now.....

punkangelgcm437

I see why you'd say that...my Neptune doesnt have many strong influences for psychic...songwriting yes, psychic no. Neptune does with Pluto...but all my friends born around the same time I was (like...within a few monthes) seem to have this too. Both of them move so slow it almost doesnt seem too important (the question of weither the outer planets are even important has come up in another thread).

12 house is Sagittarius...with only Saturn and Uranus (just far enough away from a conjunction..whew got lucky there). Pisces rules my 3rd house..yuh know that aint so bad. LOL. I'm momentarily forgetting what 3rd house is again..::goes on bob marks site:: Communication! I can communicate like a Pisces...thus maybe I communicate psychicly?? Am I the only one follwoing that at all? 3rd house also rules brothers & sisters...have none so no worries there. Short journeys & neighbors. Hmm. Interesting.

Neptune is in the 1st house...hmm. I think I'll stick with developing my intuition (thats ok..sometimes you gotta work for what you want...cant get it all born to me) and my songwriting. Go me!

~Much Love & Thanks~
~Sarah~