Il Meneghello Visconti Sforza

Wendywu

On Friday of this week I will be in a position to buy - after a VERY long and patient wait - a copy of the Il Meneghello Visconti Sforza deck. The oh-so-beautiful deck. Thing is, the larger edition is truly huge but the smaller one.... I dunno, it kinda feels to me that if I'm going to splurge then I should really go for it and splurge for all I'm worth.

Does anyone have both, or has seen both editions - is it worth the extra money to get the larger one? Just this once in my life I can actually afford it, so the fact that one is a lot more costly than the other doesn't really matter. (Oh my - I don't think I've ever said those words before!)

I can't get the edition with the beautiful box but that's OK - I can get the cards!!

http://www.arnellart.com/osvaldo/taro-cl-visconti.htm

Debra

Hi Wendywu. I've had several versions of this deck over the years--the Lo Scarabeo standard size with gold foil, the Lo Scarabeo mini, and two large versions, by US Games and Il Meneghello. (Now that I think of it--how did that happen???? :laugh: ) I kept the mini, which was a gift, and the large Il Meneghello--it's a gem--in the standard hard box.

The original cards were about the same size.

Don't hesitate. It's worth it.

PathWalker

You don't give sizes, and I don't have them, but here's my two pennies worth

Will you be able to shuffle the larger size?
Do you want to shuffle them?
Will it really bug you after a while if you can't?
Do you want the authenticity of the original size (because the early cards were large I think?)
If you were going to scan and reproduce a copy for carting around, which size would be best for doing that?

I think large, large and large then :)

nisaba

It's still smaller than the Cary-Yale, isn't it? And that measures ... <rushes off, pulls out deck and ruler> ... 190mm 97mm.

I have stubby little fingers. I've found a way of shuffling them.

Debra

The large Il Meneghello Visconti-Sforza is 6 3/4'' x 3 1/2''
It's perfect, really.

Wendywu

Thanks guys! The large one it is. On Friday :D. I am soooo excited! I have the Pierpont Morgan and the Packard Golden but this is something else again!

Wendywu

Well I did it! Ordered the large Visconti Sforza and a Soprafino .....

I am so looking forward to these :)