Starchild Tarot Akashic Study Group

kp.

Hello! If we are interested in getting a group going, please comment here and let me know your thoughts of how you would like to proceed.

such a beautiful deck!

Citrin

I would love to participate. :) My deck arrived yesterday and I'm in loooove! But it certainly has a different, more spiritual, vibe than a lot of my other decks - so would be lovely do discuss the deck with others. :)

KristinCali

May I make a suggestion? Instead of splitting up into 2 groups for the Original version and the Akashic version, how about one group for both versions of the deck, then just have two links/discussions for the cards that are different? I think there are about 15 cards that are completely different. Just a suggestion because it would surely increase the amount of participants :D

kp.

May I make a suggestion? Instead of splitting up into 2 groups for the Original version and the Akashic version, how about one group for both versions of the deck, then just have two links/discussions for the cards that are different? I think there are about 15 cards that are completely different. Just a suggestion because it would surely increase the amount of participants :D

yes, this sounds perfect! i think it would also be interesting to study the changes and ponder why they have been made!

so do we just create new threads for each card and eventually they will all get moved to their own board? or should we ask a moderator to start a board for us??

Citrin

I also agree it's better to just do "Starchild Tarot Study Group" and any edition can be discussed. :) I also find it interesting to discuss the changes made to some of the cards!

Do we start with the major arcana in the usual order (Fool/Starseed first)? :)

I read through the posting guidelines and it seems anyone of us can just start the thread in this part of the forum named "Starchild Tarot - Starseed (The Fool)". I'm really lazy with challenges and study groups but I promise to participate in this one! ;) There's so much to explore in this deck, so thoughts from others will be very helpful in studying it I think!

Sulis

Moddie note

Hi folks,

Good, a new study group :).

kp. all of the groups start here, you only get your own sub-forum if you manage to cover most of the cards in the deck - many groups start and fizzle our quickly so we can't give then all their own sub-forum straight away.

Citrin is absolutely right, anyone can start a thread and groups work best and keep going the longest if you don't rely on one person to start each thread.
Just put the name of the deck and the card or topic you're studying in the thread title and send me a PM to let me know that you've done that.
I'll start an index thread for the group and I'll add links to new threads to that index so you can find all of your threads easily.

Let me know if you need help with anything or if you need anything explained and have fun studying :).

Sulis - moderator

Citrin

Just a little tip: if anyone wants to see all the cards, from both editions of the deck, there's an awesome video showing them side by side on YouTube. It's by Wild Moon Tarot, so search for that user name and go to her page, the video is called "Starchild Tarot ***Comparison***" :) It's very high quality, she starts showing the cards around 4 minutes into the video.