the urnash tarot

MeeWah

Kudos on not only completing your deck, but also achieving a gallery show!!

The deck looks fabulous as a whole. Its colours particularly eye-catching. The original artwork stands stunningly well as individual paintings in themselves, too.

Very impressed :) & looking forward to seeing it published.

Egypt Urnash

Thanks! I think I'm finally almost recovered from making the deck and the two months of show-prep and post-show socialization. And the trip to Seattle we took last week.

I tried to keep both 'working as a deck' and 'working as individual pieces' in mind, I'm glad it does seem to do both. And that it works as a Tarot deck - if it had ended up just being a bunch of pretty Tarot-inspired images that had all the symbolic potential of a brick, I would have felt like I'd failed no matter how gorgeous it was.

And I am still putting off assembling the cover letter to send to potential publishers. I'm just so much better at drawing than writing!

rwcarter

Egypt Urnash said:
I am also selling a very limited number of hand-made decks for US$130.
Do you still have any of these available? If so, do you have any idea of how long they might be available? I can't afford one right now, but I really want one! (slobber, drool, pant, pant....)

Rodney

Egypt Urnash

I make 'em as people order 'em - there's enough work involved that I'm not about to make a bunch on spec! It takes a week or three from the order to the shipping, depending on the weather and how crunchy the day job feels like being.

Sometime during the winter I'll quit making them; I might start up once spring hits. I dunno if I'll keep hand-making them once I find a publisher (which is waiting on my boyfriend writing a cover letter); the main reason I'm making any more than a couple prototypes is to have it out there being used.

rwcarter

Thanks for that info. I'll check back with you in early Dec after property taxes are paid. If you're still making them, I'll buy one then. If not, I'll have to wait for the mass produced version....

Rodney

Egypt Urnash

Early December is looking likely to find me down in New Orleans directing a cartoon, with no time for putting together decks. And if I'm not down there, I'll probably have shut down operations due to snow. But we shall see!

In the meantime, I've been writing occasional essays about the cards in no particular order. Eventually this may be raw material for the deck's book. Maybe.

Egypt Urnash

0(1). The Fool

So! I find myself working with this again. The rough for this one has been hanging around just as long as the rough for the Crone Fool, but got put aside in the push for the show.

I don't know if I'm going to go on to finish 0(0), the three 99s, and the Void Court in the next few weeks; I'd really like to get back to my comic book, and I need to do art for this year's show!

Also, spring has finally come to Boston, which means that I can actually go outside and make decks again, so if you wanted one and I put you off due to winter, drop me a line!

rwcarter

Egypt,

I love the energy (and colors) of this Fool (the Maiden?) even more than the Crone Fool!

Rodney

Egypt Urnash

This one is the Mother - note her pregnancy. The Maiden will be 0(0), and set in springtimey hues.

(And once I get all the rest of the extras done I'll be sending out little expansion packs to everyone who's bought a deck. *grin*)

RiccardoLS

Any news about this deck?
Anyone knows?

Ric