Ancient Italian Tarot

faunabay

Well you know what? I went to carte-karuta to get the Ancient Italian and got an error message there too!!! :bugeyed:

Unless something happens to tell me differently I can see I really shouldn't be buying this deck. This is twice I've tried to order it and the order hasn't worked!!

I did email Bob....haven't heard back yet....but maybe I'm just not supposed to have it. I love my Classical. :heart: So maybe that's the one I'm supposed to work and be happy with!!!

emmsma

Had the same problem when I was buying plugs for my ears.(stretched lobes)

I counted and I have about 52 decks now - from about 12 when I joined.

I will do some hard thinking and post a sale/trade very soon. Too bad I don't have anything that will bring in much - I think. Thats not the point though. Need to make room for decks I really want (right now).

sapienza

Book Depository have it in stock. Sorry :)

Alan Ross

sapienza said:
Book Depository have it in stock. Sorry :)
I checked the US based Book Depository and sure enough, they have the Ancient Italian in stock. Cheap, too. There's a marketplace listing on Amazon.com for them.

Alan

sapienza

I didn't know there was a US Book Depository. I was referring to the UK one, but great news that it's still available in both places.

SolSionnach

Well.

I just bought the AIT from Carte Karuta - $24 inc. shipping. It will be saved as pristine after I check that all the cards are there, just like my extra Tarot of the Master.

That being said, I *did* resist buying another ToM (I have 2 - an as new and a trimmed version).

sigh. So much for being a professional deenabler. :(

Alan Ross

sravana said:
Well.

I just bought the AIT from Carte Karuta - $24 inc. shipping. It will be saved as pristine after I check that all the cards are there, just like my extra Tarot of the Master.

That being said, I *did* resist buying another ToM (I have 2 - an as new and a trimmed version).

sigh. So much for being a professional deenabler. :(

It's easier to deenable others than it is to deenable one's self :). At any rate, I hope your experience with Carte Karuta is more positive than Faunabay's. $24 is an excellent price. Through the US based Book Depository (they ship out of Delaware), it would cost a bit over $27.

Incidentally, this thread hasn't been too kind to my bank account either. While checking out the AIT at Carte Karuta, I noticed that they were down to their last copy of the Il Meneghello Vachetta, a deck I've been eyeing for a while. I had to order it. that was a fifty dollar and change bite out of my virtually non-existent budget.

Alan

Debra

Carte Karuna is an extremely reliable merchant--I put him up there with Tarot Garden in customer service.

faunabay

The problem I had with Carte Karuta was just a website problem....not in any way with Bob. He's been very nice about it.

I'm just starting to wonder whether I'm supposed to buy the Ancient Italian or not. I'm actually thinking not. I mean, I've tried twice now and neither one has worked out. :(

I truely am wondering.....because I LOVE my Classical and Tarot of the Master!! :heart: Do I really need the Ancient Italian? Well I know I don't NEED it, but you know what I mean. LOL

emmsma

Well, I had decided I didn't need the AIT. I have the El Tarot. I have Tarot of the Master. I am waiting on a Classical LS and Ancient Tarot of Lombardy.

Yet, I am starting to pine for the AIT as well.

I can't even tell you how many times I've reread this thread. Thinking of just printing it out.