Fairytale Tarot (MRP) -- Seven of Coins

Master_Margarita

This card is exemplified by the tale of the Brave Little Tailor, which I have also heard called Seven at One Blow, a summary of which can be found here. Although the companion book describes this as a Hans Christian Andersen tale, my quick Internet research describes this as a German tale collected by the Brothers Grimm.

I am very fond of this tale, because its fundamental joke gets broader and broader as the tailor builds more and more achievements based on a reputation that is misunderstood. No one ever asks, "Seven what? Seven what at one blow?" They just assume. It reminds me of the very real modern research where teachers who were told that certain students were smarter than they actually were treated them as smarter and the students actually became smarter. (Don't have a cite for that yet.) Hence the association of this tale with the card that symbolizes recognition of one's achievements, and reflection on how to build on them.

For some reason I don't find the illustration on this card particularly attractive. Perhaps it is because the giant looks ugly to me. No matter.

:heart: M_M~