Which house to use for relocation ?

RohanMenon

Hey I'm *not* an expert, but I'll try

Minderwiz (or in any case someone more expert than me) can probably explain better,

but here goes.

We will consider perfect aspects because they are easier to understand than with orbs, moiety etc

An perfect aspect (say sextile) only means that the degree difference between the planets is exactly so many degrees (60 for sextile, 0 for conjunction, 120 for trine etc). It doesn't matter if one planet is 'before' or 'behind' the other.

At the moment of casting your chart, the Moon is at 2 degree Sagittarius. If there were a planet exactly 60 degrees away on *either side* , i.e at exactly 2 degrees Libra (2 degrees Sagittarius - 60 degrees) or (2 degrees Aquarius, i.e 2 degrees Sagittarius + 60 degrees) then the Moon would be forming a perfect sextile with them.

Now, think about this using Jupiter as a starting point. Jupiter is at 11 degrees Libra.

If there were a planet at exactly 60 degrees before him (11 degrees Libra + 60 degrees = 11 degrees Sagittarius) or behind* him (i.e at either 11 degrees Libra minus 60 degrees = 11 degrees Leo) , Jupiter would form a perfect sextile with that planet.

There are no planets at either degree. Yet.

But
The Moon is presently at 2 degrees Sagittarius, and *moving towards 11 degrees Sagittarius*(and is the fastest moving planet). When it reaches 11 degrees Sag, it will form the perfect sextile with Jupiter,because the distance between them will be exactly 60 degrees.

Since the movement of the faster moving planet (here Moon) is *towards* the forming of the perfect sextile, or, in other words, as time passes, the aspect gets closer and closer (Imagine the moon at 2 degrees, 5 degrees, then 10 degrees, then exactly 11 degrees Sag) the aspect is an "applying aspect".

After forming this exact sextile, the Moon then moves away, increasing the angle between itself and Jupiter (the difference become s65 degrees, then 70 etc) .This is called a 'separating aspect'. The exact aspect has already happened and the faster planet is moving away from exactness.

With retrogrades etc, this can get complex, but here Jupiter is not retrograde, and the Moon is never retrograde. So the above simple movements work.

Hope that helped

RohanMenon

Sharla, the table accompanying the chart

shows only those aspects (with whatever default orbs the software program uses) *at the moment for which you cast the chart*. It does not show all aspects the Moon will form before it leaves the sign. For that you have to 'play the chart' forward mentally, or use more sophisticated astrological tools (not required really)

At the time for which this chart is cast , Jupiter at 11 Libra and Moon at 2 sag do *not* form a sextile.

But remember, VOC is about what aspects will form (or not) between the Moon and any other planet *before it leaves the sign*.

In other words, you have to consider if the Moon will form any aspect in the next two days or so (which is the average time the Moon spends in a sign, though it varies depending on closeness to the Sun). It doesn't matter if the Moon does not have aspects *at the time for which the chart is cast. As long as *any* aspect forms before the Moon leaves the sign, it is not VOC.

so although there is no aspect between Moon and Jupiter at the point of time when the chart was cast, moving forward in time, *when* the Moon reaches 11 Sag, it *will* be at partile sextile with Jupiter.

If you use an orb of 3 degrees, it can be said to form an aspect when it is 3 degrees away from exact sextile, but still considered 'in aspect. so when the Moon reaches 8 degrees (3 degrees away from the exact sextile) it can be considered in sextile to Jupiter.

. The point is , the Moon *will* form a sextile with Jupiter before it leaves Sag. (it also forms conjunctions with Saturn and Venus, as noted earlier). In any case, no VOC.

Minderwiz

Really :confused:.....i thought as the moon's next aspect wasn't until it reaches Neptune, so it wasn't making any aspects in the sign it's in.....there's no aspects between moon saturn/venus in sagittarius.

Thats how ive been reading a moon void of course.....so i've been doing this wrong, i guess ?

The Moon is only Void of Course if it will not make another aspect before it leaves its current sign. That doesn't have to be with any of the significators involved in the question, it's with any one of the seven classical planets. The only way the Moon can be VoC at 2 degrees of a sign is if:

1. All the other six planets are in 0 or 1 degree of a sign; or

2. All the other planets are in signs which are averse to the Moon - i.e. those that are in a second, sixth, eighth, or twelfth relationship to the Moon by sign) or

3. All planets are either in 1 or 2 above.

I've never come across such a chart, ever and this is not the one because the Moon will sextile Jupiter in Libra and conjoin firstly Saturn and then Venus before it leaves Sagittarius. Mars, Mercury and the Sun are all averse to the Moon, being in adjacent signs to it.