Medicine cards

celticnoodle

by Jamie Sams &B David Carson. I purchased this deck and book today at the book sale near me for a mere $3.50. I don't really know anything about the deck save that it got 3 stars here on ATs review. :)

So, anyone here have this deck? What do you think of them? how accurate have they been for any readings you've used them for?

thank you in advance. I did try to do a search here for threads on this deck, but to no avail.

BodhiSeed

Hey CN, I'm using this deck on my blog this week - it is one of the older decks I own. I think it is one of the better animal oracles out there, with much useful information in the book. I did trim the bottoms off of my deck to make them easier to handle though!:)

autumn star

I have this deck, and I find it to be very accurate and helpful. Did you get the book that comes with it? I found it to be really good. I normally only use this for one card readings when I feel that I could use some of it's wisdom in my life. I hope that you enjoy it :)

toj

I have this deck, and I find it to be very accurate and helpful. Did you get the book that comes with it? I found it to be really good. I normally only use this for one card readings when I feel that I could use some of it's wisdom in my life. I hope that you enjoy it :)

I used to have the big deck but was only doing one card readings so got the Medicine Cards Just For Today mini deck too. The big deck moved on to a new home some years ago but the smaller one is still with me...I love the totem images.

ThunderWolf

I have this one but don't use it much. I find it's a really good "feel good" deck when I'm feeling low and that it seems to give fairly accurate advice too. I just tend to be a give it to me straight type so don't use it much.

celticnoodle

Oh Great! Thank you all for these wonderful replies. Makes me glad I did pick it up. I figured for $3.50, it was WELL worth trying. Yes, I do have the book. I was somewhat impressed with the book as it is a hardcover book. I'm hoping to spend a bit of time tomorrow reading through the book and working with the cards as well. both the cards and the book were $3.50.

YEA!!!! :D

BodhiSeed

Oh Great! Thank you all for these wonderful replies. Makes me glad I did pick it up. I figured for $3.50, it was WELL worth trying. Yes, I do have the book. I was somewhat impressed with the book as it is a hardcover book. I'm hoping to spend a bit of time tomorrow reading through the book and working with the cards as well. both the cards and the book were $3.50.

I have to add that I often use Ted Andrews' books for many of my animal oracle decks. I much prefer to take the meaning from some actual animal behavior or trait.

celticnoodle

I do have his book and I love it! Thanks for the tip. I will do so.

toj

If I were to find it for $3.50...no second thoughts, would grab it. Good find.

Winterchild

Medicine Cards

I love this set... I havent used it for years as I have been concentrating on Tarot but you have inspired me to get it out again!

I was introduced to it by a friend who lived with Lakota Indians in Laos, he knew the cards inside out and was very very good... he read professionally with them..he actually wore one set out!

I find them excellent when you need wisdom, and very accurate in finding which animal wisdom you need... and they are also great for kids as they have wonderful stories for each card!

Great buy..congrats!!