Oracle of Dreamtime vs Dreamtime Reading Cards

The Happy Squirrel

Hello everyone!

I am new to oracle decks and have been looking around and found four decks that I really feel I can work with. The last deck I tried my hands on completely out me off 'oracle' decks but a recent moment of utter scattered inner focus while trying to read for myself brought me back to the value of a more 'big picture free flow' system to assist.

Anyway, someone mentioned Oracle of Dreamtime and I immediately thought this is the deck for me. A deep, well drenched in tradition, non airy fairy deck.

As I tried to find out more about it I came across another more recent deck by a similar name called the "Dreamtime Reading Cards" by Rockpool publishing in Australia. Another deck based on Australian Aboriginal art and tradition.

Does anyone own both or have worked with both and if so could you share a bit about how they are different or similar to each other and how they have worked for you?

Thanks so much!!

AJ

Oracle of the Dreamtime is one of my favorite oracles to use on my blog.
The backstories are deep and the art is beautiful.
http://www.newagemultimedia.com/firebrace/page6.html

I've been watching the development of the Dreamtime Reading Cards
but lightning didn't strike twice for e. The first are based on Dreamtime and the only word on the card simply indicates the image shown. for instance Koala

The 2nd is keyword driven which to me makes it a garden variety oracle. Perhaps the book would make a difference, but Balance Beauty and Bare Feet makes me see this oracle is not deep enough to engage me like Oracle of the Dreamtime.

All that said, the Dreamtime images and stories are not part of my culture and I'd have a tough time reading for someone without referring to the book, never a good thing :)

The Happy Squirrel

This is my impression even without the decks in my hands.

These are not part of my culture either :) But I feel the depth and richness of its infrastructure warrants the time needed, and then maybe some, to learn more about it :)

I most probably be using these for myself, so I am looking forward to studying it :) If anyone is starting a study group for this Oracle of Dreamtime (not the other one) I would be inclined to join in :)

but lightning didn't strike twice for e. The first are based on Dreamtime and the only word on the card simply indicates the image shown. for instance Koala

The 2nd is keyword driven which to me makes it a garden variety oracle. Perhaps the book would make a difference, but Balance Beauty and Bare Feet makes me see this oracle is not deep enough to engage me like Oracle of the Dreamtime.

All that said, the Dreamtime images and stories are not part of my culture and I'd have a tough time reading for someone without referring to the book, never a good thing :)

The Happy Squirrel

So that's YOUR blog! I thought it was the creator's website haha!
I tried emailing that address and it bounced back.

daenys

Even if you do get through, $60 is pretty steep for this deck. I got a "Like New" copy from Amazon US for $41 AUD shipped. Try there, maybe?

e: I assume you're a Kiwi, so the shipping should be comparable.

AJ

new age multimedia isn't my blog, just clearing that up
My blog is listed under my username.

And re pricing on Oracle of the Dreamtime, yes, they go very reasonably in all the usual 2nd hand venues.
I bought mine used as I have almost all my decks. Dreamtime Oracle is probably too new to have any decks on the used market

The Happy Squirrel

Even if you do get through, $60 is pretty steep for this deck. I got a "Like New" copy from Amazon US for $41 AUD shipped. Try there, maybe?

e: I assume you're a Kiwi, so the shipping should be comparable.

Yes you assume right :D

I did get mine from Amazon marketplace but it came to a bit of a bundle after shipment of US$45 determined by Amazon US!!!!! :( The deck and book in box is cheaper than the shipment I am so miffed but can't do anything about it.

The Happy Squirrel

new age multimedia isn't my blog, just clearing that up
My blog is listed under my username.

And re pricing on Oracle of the Dreamtime, yes, they go very reasonably in all the usual 2nd hand venues.
I bought mine used as I have almost all my decks. Dreamtime Oracle is probably too new to have any decks on the used market

Sorry!

I looked through Amazon Marketplace and had to pick a seller that ship internationally but also have good feedback and of course with the item in good condition. I think mine is $35 for the book and deck itself. It is the shipping fee that almost killed me. AS USUAL :(

AJ

you might consider cultivating a mule :) You have to trust the person to follow through with your money but it makes book/deck life a lot easier.

The Happy Squirrel

you might consider cultivating a mule :) You have to trust the person to follow through with your money but it makes book/deck life a lot easier.

:D

I might write to Amazon and ask WTF (sorry).

As for the other Dreamtime (reading cards), I ordered it straight from Rockpool Publishing in Australia, along with the Australian Wildflower Reading Cards.

(I like the term reading cards, rather than 'oracle'. Seems more appropriate to me for what they are)