star and 8 of cups

Louisep

I just would welcome any insights on this one because i am confused. I pulled the star as an outcome in a relationship spread and got the 8 of cups as a clarifier.

The relationship has been through a difficult patch and i saw the star as hope that things will heal, but when i pulled the 8 of cups it felt contradictory. Yet when i reflected i wondered if the 8 of cups (disappointment/sadness in the relationship) was the situation that would be healed? I guess i wonder if the 8 of cups as a situation in a relationship can be healed?

thanks!

MissNine

Star would be healing

8 cups means walking away from relationship and seeking happiness elsewhere.

I think you'll finally experience happiness by deciding to move on.

Thirteen

Following a Star to a new future

The relationship has been through a difficult patch and i saw the star as hope that things will heal, but when i pulled the 8 of cups it felt contradictory. Yet when i reflected i wondered if the 8 of cups (disappointment/sadness in the relationship) was the situation that would be healed? I guess i wonder if the 8 of cups as a situation in a relationship can be healed?
Um, no. Miss Nine-to-Five has the right of it. You're looking at it backwards. Wanting the 8/Cups to reflect your interpretation of the Star, rather than using the 8/Cups to see what the Star is really telling you.

When you pull a clarifier, you're not asking the cards to "tell me more about what I'm seeing" i.e. relationship healed and you want the cards to elaborate on how that's going to happen. You're asking the cards to tell you the *exact* same thing again. You're saying, "I'm not sure what the Star means, can you say this answer again in a way I will understand?"

And the cards did just that. They gave you the 8/Cups which says the *exact* same thing as the Star. And that's not "healing." What they two have in common is moving on. Finding some Star to follow to a better future, or following the light of the moon toward new emotion, because the old emotions ran dry and can't give you any more.

The Star isn't just or even mostly about healing. It's about seeking out a fresh, new future. Navigating by some star in the sky to a different life. And if that meaning wasn't clear, the 8/Cups makes it very clear.