Queens and Death as feelings

Jennalyn

I recently did a spread on someone's feelings for me and three cards that came up were Queen of Wands, Queen of Cups and Death.

I'm not sure which way this goes - does he see me as those two queens and so his feelings for me have become stronger? Or could those two cards mean that's how he saw me BEFORE and the Death card means his feelings have changed so he doesn't like me anymore?

Any thoughts?

Padma

Perhaps the Queen of Wands means he feels that you are strong, competent and physical - very full of "pee and vinegar" (excuse the old saying, but it is very descriptive!) and quite a challenge. Maybe even a tad bit overwhelming or dominant. But pretty sexy!

I think, because of how you phrased the question - "how does he feel about me" - and not "what does he think of me" or "how does he see me" the Queen of Cups may actually be him - you may make him feel as though he is an entirely different creature than you - perhaps he is more quiet, pensive and withdrawn than you? Or perhaps he is more romantic than you, and he sees you as more practical than himself.

Death I see as: he feels you will make him change, or you present challenges that make him feel he will have to grow as a person in order to meet.

I think he feels you are stronger than him, and he feels you are very elemental. A little threatening, even, maybe. That doesn't mean he doesn't want the challenge, or doesn't like you! Because in the end, Death is inevitable - so perhaps he feels that his feelings for you are fated, or destined - hence, inevitable.

Well, that is my take :) hope it helps!

Jennalyn

Pee and vinegar - hehe! :D

Interesting ... It hadn't occurred to me at all that he might be the Queen of Cups. The reason I thought he saw me as both and then suddenly changed his mind (death) was because the Queen of Wands came out first, then the Queen of Cups and then Death in that order. But now I see that the QoC is looking in the direction of the QoW. I'm not sure about him being more romantic, though he has been more expressive with his feelings than I have (before I started getting unsure of how he felt, that is.) What you said about Death was interesting too - we have conflicting views on a few things, but he listens when I tell him my thoughts. I've previously wondered if he's opening his mind to the stuff I come out with.

Thanks Lotus - your take on things has really made me think!

Padma

I am glad to have brought a different take on it for you, Jennalyn :love:

I am now also thinking - "how does he feel about you?" Queen of Wands - he feels lusty towards you - Queen of Cups - he feels emotional about you - Death - he feels changed by knowing you. So many ways to look at this!

Jennalyn

Too true! :D

Do you think the queens could represent me and another woman?? Say, someone he might have been involved with and then suddenly he met me and he's going through a 'change' with his feelings?

Quite literally about ten minutes ago I think I stumbled upon a new development. Needless to say, I am pissed off beyond belief. Hehe. :D

Padma

Well, possibly! But the important thing about tarot, I think, is keeping your drawn cards tied to the question you asked when you drew them. If you think there is a new situation, ask a new and different question...and draw new cards. You'll get more information that way. You might also check out the "Your Spreads" sub-forum here, because often, the cards make more sense when they are laid in positions that have specific meanings...it can clarify things for you :) You could also then post your reading in the "Your Readings" sub-forum, to get more and different opinions on what they mean!

Good luck in your quest - I do hope this works out for you :)

Jennalyn

Thanks Lotus! It's true I didn't have anyone else in mind while doing this spread - just I wonder if this was the cards way of trying to tell - or maybe scream - at me that I'm not the only one he's got a thing for. One word: bastard.

Thanks loads again!! :D

Padma

No problem - and I hope others post their thoughts here, too, for you. So many, many bright minds here! ;)

aurafields

I recently did a spread on someone's feelings for me and three cards that came up were Queen of Wands, Queen of Cups and Death.

I'm not sure which way this goes - does he see me as those two queens and so his feelings for me have become stronger? Or could those two cards mean that's how he saw me BEFORE and the Death card means his feelings have changed so he doesn't like me anymore?

Any thoughts?
Hi Jennalyn, I don't know the spread you used and context is everything with the cards. Placement counts big. Try to pick a spread with definite placements for representative positions, as this will be much more helpful for you and for those of us commenting. Two queens would definitely show me a competing interest in a reading, but not necessarily in a past, present and future spread. If you just asked a question and pulled out three cards, the meaning would still be close I think in this case. Your Queen of Wands shows he found you attractive and confident and he likes you. But, presently perhaps with the Queen of Cups, there is someone else who is very similar to your attractive traits, ( he has a type that he prefers and you are both it), and in the end the Death card is showing that you will be closing this door, opening up to another chapter and as a result you will experience a great change in the way you presently see the situation.I think the death is showing that you will not be interested in him for much longer, and that you initiate the change because you won't be able to look at the situation the same way. So take heart, you will love again and it will get better, but you might as well help yourself out and cut the ties that bind and move on for now, as I think there could be some jealousy from another woman, or you yourself and that is the worst feeling in the world, so refuse to experience it. You can and will do better.

Jennalyn

Hi Jennalyn, I don't know the spread you used and context is everything with the cards. Placement counts big. Try to pick a spread with definite placements for representative positions, as this will be much more helpful for you and for those of us commenting. Two queens would definitely show me a competing interest in a reading, but not necessarily in a past, present and future spread. If you just asked a question and pulled out three cards, the meaning would still be close I think in this case. Your Queen of Wands shows he found you attractive and confident and he likes you. But, presently perhaps with the Queen of Cups, there is someone else who is very similar to your attractive traits, ( he has a type that he prefers and you are both it), and in the end the Death card is showing that you will be closing this door, opening up to another chapter and as a result you will experience a great change in the way you presently see the situation.I think the death is showing that you will not be interested in him for much longer, and that you initiate the change because you won't be able to look at the situation the same way. So take heart, you will love again and it will get better, but you might as well help yourself out and cut the ties that bind and move on for now, as I think there could be some jealousy from another woman, or you yourself and that is the worst feeling in the world, so refuse to experience it. You can and will do better.

Sorry, Aurafields, I just saw this now! Thank you so much for your input - it has played out almost exactly as you suspected :) My interest in him is practically zilch because I lost respect for him when I found out there was someone else - incidentally, someone who seems to bear a physical sort of resemblance to me and someone he's been involved with for some time! I'm a bit gutted, but I told him I had no respect for him and wished him luck. He never responded. The initiation was on my part, like you said, as I asked him what was going on, but he would have been happy to just continue doing what he was doing for god knows how long! Thanks so much for your insight and kind words! :D