You and...Spread/Lenormand method melded with Tarot

Freyja of V

Edited: I know this seems long and complicated, but it isn't at all; it is so simple and versatile. I suspect when coming here to view it, many aren't giving it a chance because the explanation is so long. The method of getting the cards for the spread is what took so long to explain, but it doesn't take long to actually do and the spread itself is so simple, I think it would be great for beginners [like me]. I would love it if someone would give a try and give me some feedback. I have really enjoyed the readings I have recieved from it and I would like to hear how it worked out for others. I hope someone gives it a try:)

I took a Lenormand reading method and melded it with Tarot to come up with the following method/spread. It's highly versatile, which I really like and it's provided really good readings for me. Although it took a lot to explain it, it isn't complicated, in fact it is quite simple. Please forgive me for the length of the explanation.:p I like it so much that I wanted to share it and I hope you like it too.:thumbsup:

I call it the 'You and...Spread' The 'and...' is up to you/querent. Examples: You and Your Friend Spread or You and Your Short Comings Spread. Anything you want to explore.

---------1 (you)--------
-----2-------3----------- #2( behind it) & #3 (before it)
---------7---------------- (optional)
-----5-------6----------- #5( behind it) & #6 (before it)
---------4 (other)-------

Method for picking the cards:
1) Pick a card to represent yourself. It can be a Court card or simply the High Priestess or Magician.
2) Now, pick a card to represent whatever or whomever you want it to that wish to read about. This card can represent a situation, an issue, topic or another person; family member, friend, lover, co-worker etc. Anything really. For one reading, I picked the Hermit for 'my lonely side'. I would choose from the Majors or Courts, and maybe even the Aces for this card.
3) Place these 2 cards, separately and randomly, back into the deck and shuffle (like you normally would) OR you could decide not to shuffle, leaving it up to where you or the querent, placed them in the deck. Whatever you feel more comfortable with.
4) Pick up the deck, with the faces towards you. Go thru the deck and find the first card you chose to be you (#1)...then...pull out the card directly behind it (to the left of the card, #2) and directly in front of it (to the right of the card, #3). Layout: refer to diagram above.
5) Go thru the deck again, and now find the second card you chose in step 2 (card #4) and do the same. #5 is the card behind it and #6 is the card in front it. Lay them down mirroring the other cards. See diagram above.
6) Optional Card - After laying out the 6 cards, you can then go back to the deck and pick 1 card (by fanning or cutting) or pick from an oracle deck and place it in the middle of the 2 sets of 2, (#7) and it will act as a result/outcome or advice card, it's your decision.

Reading:
#1 - You (me)
#2 - What is behind you (past)
#3 - What is before/ahead you (presently or near future)
#4 - Other/Issue/Topic etc... (the 2nd card you picked in step 2)
#5 - What is behind #4 (past)
#6 - What is before/ahead of #4 (presently or near future)
#7 - Optional card: Result/Outcome or Advice

Option: For additional information, you can read #2 & #5 together vertically, as what was behind you and #4 together, and do the same for #3 & #6 together, as what is before you and #4. This really helped with my readings and then #7 pulled them all together.

*Variations: I am sure there are many you guys can come up with and here''s a couple suggestions:

1) You can change the positional meanings for the before/after cards. Examples: Bad influence/Good influence, What I need to know/Advice, What to do/What not to do, etc...But, if you would like to read them vertically as well, I would advise the 2 vertical cards have the same position title...OR...I guess the positions really DON'T have to have the same titles/meanings.
Whatever works for you is the motto for Tarot!

2) If you chose a Major for both of your cards, remove the other Majors and just pull from the Minor Arcana. Likewise if you chose Court cards for both, remove the other Court cards from the deck.

Advice for complications that are sure to happen:

1) What if one, or even both of the cards, fall as the top and/or bottom card of the deck? You could avoid this by not shuffling or if you do and it happens: you could put them back in the middle and either not shuffle and continue, or shuffle again or cut and continue...OR It's meant to be and only read the 1 card before/after it. Whatever feels more comfortable.
2) What if there is only 1 card between your 2 cards? I personally would share that card and use it the way it fell in the deck. So you would end up with 5 cards vs 6. But that card would represent 2 positions. It would apply as before one card and after the other.

I hope I explained it well. Let me know what you think and if you tried it, how did the reading go? Enjoy.:cool:

Regards, Freyja