10 of Cups -- So negative?

rainwolf

isthmus nekoi said:
That's also why I prefer THoth's pips. They seem to illustrate the energy of the minors rather than a manifestation of it, like the RWS. I find it easier to "feel" what a minor means w/Thoth, it's more instinctual (for myself anyways).
Wow, I could never put that into words! It seemed so simple, but thats how I really feel about the Thoth.

AbstractConcept

I always look at this card as the big come down after a wonderful night of excesses. Like Aeon said, once you hit the peak of a mountain the only way down is up.

Unless you have a hot air baloon or something, but that is beside the point.

I hadn't actually looked at it in relation to the 10 Swords though. that makes so much sense.

"What a Manichean view! How depressing! Malkuth is the Kingdom -- it is the final big payoff, the lush garden. We all live in Malkuth. The idea that flesh is gross and spirit is pure separates us from ourselves and hinders our ability to perform the Great Work -- the unification of opposites. The flesh is holy."

I dunno about that, Malkuth is the lowest (particularly Assiah's Malkuth, jeez) emmination. Flesh is far from gross but as far as spiritual pursuits go, it's kindda redundant. Can't take it across the abyss.

ravenest

namesoftrees said:
is the one cycle really a loop.. or does it spiral close to where it was in the first loop but it can never quite be the same because it is there a second time? Then it's not the upward downward, or the cyclic representation I'm seeing, but the exponential flux creates a spiral or rather a continuum not navigable by geometry..
That's how I see it.

Exactly! And AC seems to suggest the same in the movement of 'the point' in the Naples arrangement and the 'adventure of the Soul' in the first 3 degrees of the OTO initiations. ie. (if I read you right) the point ends up exactly where it started but is 'changed' by the expereince of the journey.

namesoftrees

magic

I just saw this response about a week late... but yes.. def. reading me right. :)

I'd need to read up on Crowley.. which I will soon do, but I do imagine (from a long time of just glimpsing his doings) that that sense of harnessing experiential 'change' and 're'cognition' is what the essence of personal power is made up of.

The other symbol for exponential un-mappable progress of course is a tree... Now I've still a lot to learn but I see the kabbalah probably assumes this way of thinking.. the 10's break down the organic into a cohesive branch structure or any other numbers too... 10's are a plateau ..uh a tree-hut.. :)

the hypostatic synergy of revisiting / re-cognition / or the use of memory to strengthen the nostalgia of the mind. Easier said than done... it needs bravery to release one's grip on one's emotional gains.. it' like reaching the top of a hill and seeing the mountain before you... sometimes it can be out of the frying pan into the fire I suppose too...

But I think speaking entirely for myself.. that it depends if you're trying to harness new power for the self, or personal power for the new. As to where this card points in terms of light and dark.