"Hedgewytch" cartomancy practice

inertia

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry goosegirl for being absent.. I'd love to be a part of this learning circle!!!

Re: How often to meet--weekly or bi-weekly?
I believe weekly is the best choice, because we can learn and practise at faster pace and we don't lose focus.

Re: Time zone? And time to meet?
I live in Greece. The time zone is not important for me, because I always stay up late at night.

Re: How/who to read for?
Hmm.. of course, for ourselves and to each other! :D Getting feedbacks from "schoolmates" is really important (by trial and error). I agree with Yurikome suggestions. I would like to practise the spreads that were posted in the original Hedgewytchery site. Especially the first one. And we can introduce our own spreads, too! :)

Re: Should we have a weekly topic/focus to discuss?
Definitely yes!! Add some history facts maybe, numerology etc.. this could expand the "meaning range" of the cards and provide more "flexible" readings and interpretations.

Yurikome
Thank you for giving your interpretation to my reading!!! I really missed some points you mentioned and you were right on! :)

I'm eager to start!!!! :D

silverwings94

Can someone recommend a good book to read/use when doing readings with the playing cards? I have Ana Cortez'z cards and book but I find it very confusing using her cards. I would prefer to use just plain playing cards.
Thanks,
Kat

inertia

Hello Silverwings94.

There are so many books with various cartomancy methods. I will mention here just TWO of them that made me read the cards with confidence and details.

1. Hedgewytchery system (with my own interpretations and method added to it). This system was posted many years ago on a blog/site. You can find the links in the previous pages of this thread. It is a down to earth approach, very detailed and easy to start with.

2. "Card reader's handbook" by Regina Russell. Her system is amazing. Very detailed, too. These two systems are quite similar in their philosophy, but at the same time they have a lot of differences regarding some meanings and correspondences.

These books are all I need! I'm still learning both methods. It takes time to master them (especially the second one).

I've purchased an enormous amount of books about playing card reading and these two are the best by far. (Actually Hedgewytchery is not a book but I printed the whole site :p)

Ana Cortez for me is more like an oracle deck, based on playing cards. I will definitely start studying her method as soon as I finish my pending "courses". She is amazing and her system brings sth new to the table. I love her personality,too!

Hope I helped you. Stick to the method you chose. :D

goosegirl

Well, here's what's up so far... :)

Hello Hedgewytchery friends!

Absolutely the study group’s a go, I’ve just been in the process of trying to contact a moderator to help me set up our Hedgewytchery group as it’s different from so many of the other oracles, primarily because the cards don’t have prescribed, set meanings. It doesn’t sound like much, but under the rules for setting up a study group one is required to do two primary things: first, set up threads for each card and its set meaning and second, to create an index thread under which all the card threads, readings and discussions may be gathered. I’ve written Aulruna as to how to sort this out and am awaiting her word.

Meanwhile, while so many of us are excited to start studying, I’ll start a thread and we’ll begin a little freeform thing there, if that’s alright? I’ll start it today, most likely in a little bit, if that’ll do—with so many enthusiastic people ready to start, we might as well get started, right? Lol  Then we can always move this nascent thread over to the Oracle Study Group.

Here’s what’s been going on…

In a goof I contacted Solandia, forgetting that she’s off for July, so then I quickly PM-ed Zorya (on the 16th)
who wrote the Oracle Groups Study Groups and Info thread which specifies the rules for setting up study groups (seen here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=41218 which includes:

“Starting a new Study Group

If you are interested in starting a new study group, start a thread with the name of the oracle in the title. This thread may be used for members to join and discuss the group.

Once the group begins, start each new thread with the name of the group/oracle. Usually each card gets its own thread.

Create an index thread, which links to all the group's threads. Inform the moderator, that an index has been created, so the moderator may add it to the master index.

Update your group's index thread, as threads are created.

Enjoy”

Zorya, though, said she hasn’t been active at Aeclectic for several years and to contact a current moderator. Last night I wrote this to Aulruna (on the 19th)
She’d written this thread re: changes to oracle study groups:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=110670 .)

So, my note to Aulruna reads…

“Hi Aulruna,

My name is goosegirl. A few of us would like to start a sub-forum Oracle Study Group to study Hedgewytchery. While Yurikome started the most recent thread about Hedgewytchery, we PM-ed and she asked me to take the lead as I have the time to check in daily or nearly every day (I'm disabled, being photosensitive w/ Lupus means I spend hours in a blacked-out room daily, hours out of which I can give time to the study group. And I called in a favor from my sister the teacher, she's hooked me up in terms of lesson-planning aids.)

I want to do this up right for the good souls who want to study Hedgewytchery. Threads have popped up here in the past about it, but it's been a challenge to study it before the threads have collapsed. The system doesn't have prescribed meanings for the cards, to me, it's a lot more like the basics of a natal chart, blending the sun sign, ascendant and moon signs to get the over-all coloring of a situation or a person. For that reason I'd be greatly indebted to you if you could walk me through the process of setting up an index thread, whatever it takes to get our group up there with the other study groups Thankfully there are quite a few people already interested in joining the group and are are PM-ing me daily asking, "Where's the link (to the group?)" How great is that? I'd just love to be able to say, "O.k., group, here we go..." The idea so far is we'll meet online weekly for the lesson, then we'd read for either each other or ourselves weekly, then post our readings and review them with each other. Maybe as a treat we could monthly read for an anonymous, consenting Aeclectic member, too. There's just so much potential for good, esp. as so many who are interested already have cartomancy exp. in some area, so the idea is if something doesn't seem to jibe for the majority of us in the Hedgewytchery system, we could always add an alternative interpretation for clarity, ease and over-all better readings.

Aulruna, I hope you may be the soul/moderator for whom this Oracle Study group request is best intended. If not, could you please forward it on to whomever it should be with? It would mean so much

Thank you so much,
Always in kindness and wishing you well,

goosegirl”

(Of course, the proposed ideas are flexible. We could always go with bi-weekly meetings/chats/topics, etc. to keep the momentum up. We’re a forum so we’ll take a vote among ourselves and decide what we like best!)

Please forgive or ignore me...your choosing, lol...as I'm also going to send this by PM to everyone who's been interested so if someone has missed seeing this page they're still caught up and in the loop.

Ever grateful
goosegirl

goosegirl

...So a fresh Hedgewytchery thread will pop up here in the same section, Oracle Study Groups, in just a little bit (sorry if I wasn't clear on that before. (((Thanks for being so patient with me)))

inertia

goosegirl you're amazing! finally, let's get the party started!! :) Your initiative to create a sub-forum is marvelous!!! Can't wait! :D

goosegirl

((((Hugs, Intertia!))))

silverwings94

Do you have a more recent link to this? It doesn't seem to be here anymore?
Hello!

I'm starting this thread so that people following this rather popular cartomancy system would have a place to practice. More specifically - practice getting fluent in the combining of colors/suits/numbers in the interpreted threes of cards. Basically, this is what you'd do just going through the deck, three cards at a time, but sharing your interpretation with others, as inspiration :)

I am aware there's a similar thread from somewhere around the year 2005, but it's long since dead and very very long, so I thought it would be less confusing if we start from scratch :)

thinbuddha

...So a fresh Hedgewytchery thread will pop up here in the same section, Oracle Study Groups, in just a little bit

Am I missing something, or is it not posted yet? I may (or may not) participate, but I sure would love to :lurk: