Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

DownwardSpiral

sunstallion said:
unfortunately for you, woman. this is our world. I had a guy who asked me what would it will be like if he tried to get a woman in bed with him, and a girl asked me secretly to find out if her boyfriend cheated on her.
Right here you say "this is our world" ........your is part of "our"

Nickigirl

Wow. If you're sooooo interested in saving time, why don't YOU just call the dude up and ask if he'd be interested in your friend and tell him the answer. Though I gotta say that I wouldn't be interested in anyone who was too wussy to ask me directly.
Also, love the court game idea. And thanks Cat for expressing my qualms about the limitations of the gay/bi/straight question. There are too many variations! :)
The pendulum would be good for yes/no questions :) but as Cat said, this is not an either/or question, due to the vast variations in human nature and desire.

KMilliron

Just becuse it's our world doesn't mean we have to be a part of it. In our world there's war, drugs, rape, and discrimination. Doesn't mean I have to partake in it. It's a choice. If it's your choice to ask the question I'm okay with that, and likewise if I choose to advise you against it I hope you're okay with that choice too.

DownwardSpiral

GryffinSong said:
Okey dokey. Let's assume for a minute that you're going to read for this guy. Even though we don't think it will be accurate. I've had an idea. Just please remember, treat it as fun, and not necessarily the absolute truth.

Separate the court cards out of your deck. You won't be needing the ace-ten or the majors.

Choose a suit to represent that he's gay/bi. I'd choose swords, but wands would be just as good. Shuffle all the court cards and draw one to represent this fellow.

I'd interpret something like this ...

Any suit but the one you chose means he's not gay/bi.

A sword (or wands if you prefer them) means he's gay or bi.

If you pulled a page, he's new to being gay. Perhaps he just came out of the closet, or is in the process of coming to terms with his orientation.

A knight means he's active in the lifestyle. Perhaps into parties, bars, "the scene". Maybe even kinky.

A queen or king means he's a more mature person, interested in a more serious relationship, rather than just a sexual encounter. If a queen, well, he's a queen. Inclined to be the flouncy one. If a king, he's inclined to be the more masculine partner.

I'd treat such a reading as fun, but I wouldn't base my life choices on it. It could be used as an ice breaker, though. "Hi there, a friend tells me you're the queen of wands ..."

This is another good suggestion!

SunChariot

sunstallion said:
Someone asked me to use tarot to find out if a another guy is gay or bisexual. How do I do that ? I mean how should I ask the tarot ? what spread should I use ?

Thanks to whoever give me the suggestions.

That is one of those questions that I don't think is appropriate to ask personally. It's an invasion of the privacy of the other person concerned. If they WANTED that person to knolw their sexuality they would have told them. If they don't want them to know, for us to tell them.... does not feel right to me.

Reading on a third party is iffy. People have different morals on that. Some people never would. I do if the need to know is for a positive reason that will likely benefit the third party....as when the other person needs to know what their partner is feeling so they can know how to best make them happy.

But to me, asking someone's sexuality feels like crossing the line. To make a long story shoirt, my personal answer to how you should ask about a third party;s seuxality is that you shouldn't. And that you should just tell the querent that you won't do it as it is an invasion of the other person's privacy and if they wanted them to know they would have told them. People have a right to keep these things private if they so choose.

I don't mean this to sound like I am trying to impose my values on you t, but you asked how to do it and that is what came to mind for me. My view of it.

Babs

DownwardSpiral

sunstallion said:
I dont know if any of you have realized it or not, but sexual orientation is VERY COMPLICATED. Look at how many married men later admitted publicly that they had affair with another men.

Some men confuse who they actually are for a long time, or didn't know that they are gay until later on in life.

So, it's not easy for a psychologist to figure out by just socializing. Some men act very friendly, charm to other men like they give an indication that they like men, but they are straight.

Ok it's one thing to act friendly.....it's another to have a guy hit on you. I'm not a psychologist but I can tell if a guy is just being nice or if he's trying to get in my pants. I'm sure if your friend spent a little time with this man he could pick up on signals. As others have mentioned, even if this guy is gay doesn't mean he would be interested. And if he's confused he still isn't going to go for your friend.
I would try both of GryffinSongs suggestions....give the information to your friend and be done with it.

SunChariot

sunstallion said:
what is the BEST yes/no spread to you ?

This guy is interested in another guy. But he wants to know whether the other guy is gay or bisexual or not because he starts persuading, I guess.

The best thing to do in that case, might be just to ask him. Not an easy question to ask of course, but it would clairify things. It's possible also to lead up to the topic gradually.

Babs

gregory

sunstallion said:
I dont know if any of you have realized it or not, but sexual orientation is VERY COMPLICATED. Look at how many married men later admitted publicly that they had affair with another men.

Some men confuse who they actually are for a long time, or didn't know that they are gay until later on in life.

So, it's not easy for a psychologist to figure out by just socializing. Some men act very friendly, charm to other men like they give an indication that they like men, but they are straight.
Exactly. All of us are on a sliding scale of orientation and almost no-one is at the totally extreme end where NOTHING that isn't in their precise parameters will suit. On the whole, it is who you fall in love with that determines who you make love to, and IMHO it is possible for almost anyone to fall in love with someone of any gender. Which is why this reading would be such a non-starter. Ask the guy out; they may hit it off and even if the guy has always known for certain sure, without any hangups, just known, that he was straight - love and the rest could still happen.

And no I do NOT mean maybe your friend could "turn" him. I've fallen in love with a woman in my time. I wouldn't say I was totally anything, but on the whole that isn't in my usual world-picture, if you like - but it can happen. For your friend too.

Here's a thought. You aren't actually likely to get an answer that will help from the cards (unless you just run with what would happen if you asked him out?" and even then...)

BUT - if you are so concerned/determined to help your friend and your friend will not ask the guy - why don't YOU go ask him and then tell your friend what he says. If it is "f***off" - then - well, you will see why I and others have said that the cards shouldn't be asking - but at least he had the chance to tell you to mind your own business instead of your having gone behind his back.

(((GryffinSong))) - much as I love you I find your suggestion rather offensive in terms of stereotypes !!! :*

sunstallion

KMilliron said:
If you want a straight yes/no answer try a pendulum.

don't know why... but pendulum doesn't always work for me...i had miss and hit outcomes before.

gregory

sunstallion said:
don't know why... but pendulum doesn't always work for me...i had miss and hit outcomes before.
That's what you are likely to get for this one, no matter what you do. Cat*'s three pieces of paper remain your best bet.