Crystals and herbs for headaches

Glass Owl

sorry, just thought of this too...

as far as crystals go, maybe you can try a double-terminated clear quartz or maybe a blue calcite or blue lace agate? i would think since it's your shoulders/neck area being affected by stress then you may want to alleviate the blockage in your throat chakra (tension from maybe not expressing what you're feeling, you're holding it in, this creating the tension).

just a thought... :)

I know this thread is from a years ago but I thought I would update on your blue calcite recommendation. A few months ago I was in the crystal shop and picked up a chuck of blue calcite with both hands. I immediately felt surge of energy move up my my arms and into my neck, face, and head. I was quite surprised by it and I hadn't (at least to my knowledge) held a piece of blue calcite before. I had been having a really stressful day at the time and this sense of peacefulness washed over me.

It was inexpensive so I bought the chunk. I have found that when I have a headache holding it in my hands for awhile (while relaxing on my bed in a dark room) it often reduces the intensity of my headache, or at the very least, makes it easier to accept the pain.

Labhraín

sorry, just thought of this too...

as far as crystals go, maybe you can try a double-terminated clear quartz or maybe a blue calcite or blue lace agate? i would think since it's your shoulders/neck area being affected by stress then you may want to alleviate the blockage in your throat chakra (tension from maybe not expressing what you're feeling, you're holding it in, this creating the tension).

just a thought... :)

I get headaches too - had a humdinger of a migraine last night (even driving home from work, the headlights from oncoming cars bothered my eyesight.)

I can understand the other stones, especially the light blue stones but how does double terminated quartz help?

greatdane

A small quartz crystal cluster on my Third Eye

While listening to a chakra cd. Waking the Cobra is a fav. But really I think any relaxing cds help. But something about a small quartz crystal cluster on my Third Eye just seems to help head pain.

celticnoodle

I know this thread is from a years ago but I thought I would update on your blue calcite recommendation. A few months ago I was in the crystal shop and picked up a chuck of blue calcite with both hands. I immediately felt surge of energy move up my my arms and into my neck, face, and head. I was quite surprised by it and I hadn't (at least to my knowledge) held a piece of blue calcite before. I had been having a really stressful day at the time and this sense of peacefulness washed over me.

It was inexpensive so I bought the chunk. I have found that when I have a headache holding it in my hands for awhile (while relaxing on my bed in a dark room) it often reduces the intensity of my headache, or at the very least, makes it easier to accept the pain.
:thumbsup:

I'm glad you resurrected this thread and updated it with this newer post. I'm glad you found something to help you. By chance, did you ever tried the peppermint oil that was suggested? If so, how did it work for you? I do know that citrus oils can help too, and in much the same way people here mentioned to use the peppermint oil. I use the citrus oil, and you can also peel an orange or other citrus fruit and lay the peel across your forehead/eye/nose for about 15 minutes to relieve it.

I get a lot of migraines, and as I enter that time of my magical life, I have been enjoying them regularly. I wear kunzite always for my anxiety, which is 'amazing', and tried all sorts of stones for my headaches, but nothing was really working its magic - amethyst/clear etc etc. Then I tried rose quartz and it took the edge of one in a snap, so now I wear rose quartz ear-rings and there has been a huge improvement with the head!
I was going to mention rose quartz too. I LOVE that stone! It does so much to help me stay cool, calm and collected. It really relaxes me and is wonderful in stressful times, to hold close or on me.

While listening to a chakra cd. Waking the Cobra is a fav. But really I think any relaxing cds help. But something about a small quartz crystal cluster on my Third Eye just seems to help head pain.
yes, another wonder! I love this dvd too and I also have another one (thank you, GD, for recommending this one to me). I often have a hard time sleeping -- at least getting a good restful sleep. I am always tired, and can generally curl up anywhere and sleep--but not get a really good sleep and sometimes wake up 3, 4 or 5 times or more while trying to sleep. But when I listen to the Waking of the Cobra, I sleep much more soundly. works wonders!

Glass Owl

By chance, did you ever tried the peppermint oil that was suggested? If so, how did it work for you? I do know that citrus oils can help too, and in much the same way people here mentioned to use the peppermint oil. I use the citrus oil, and you can also peel an orange or other citrus fruit and lay the peel across your forehead/eye/nose for about 15 minutes to relieve it.
Oh, yes, I purchased a peppermint roll on stick from a health food store. It is called Migrastick but you can get it also at Amazon here. If I apply right away, it does seems to help and it smells nice too. Just have to be very careful not to get into your eyes. For the cooling effect I also like to rub a bit of Biofreeze on my neck muscles.

I haven't tried the citrus fruit. I often have limes and lemons at home as I love cutting them up and putting them in water.

celticnoodle

thanks for your reply, Glass owl. Yes, we often have fresh lemons and limes too for the same reason. I LOVE the smell of the lemons especially! I also will put them in a pot of water and bring them to a boil to release their delightful aroma into the home. It just smells so refreshing and clean, I think! :)

UrbanBramble

As far as herbs go, I use a combination of wood betony, black cohosh, and jamacian dogwood for headaches. Skullcap is good too, but it makes some folks drowsy.

If you can only get one herb though I would go with wood betony.