Rota Fortuna Spread

Jourdain

Alright, this spread is based on Card 10, the Wheel of Fortune (Latin, "Rota Fortuna", hence the spread's name). I have a certain affinity for designing spreads around the moods of certain cards, and this seems to be one of my better stabs at the idea.

To begin, the spread has two angles: the first is to determine the greater workings of the issue in question (partially inspired by a spread Mary Greer came up with a few months ago), and the second is more typical "past, future, hope, fear" kind of stuff.

Alright, here it goes! (Note: As a little gimmick I had the positions serving opposite each other on the wheel; you can alter their card number if so desired, of course, if you feel it makes it easier to lay out.)

1: This is a flexible card. It's basically the issue at hand, whether you, a situation you're involved in, some outside thing, whatever.

2: Will: defined in this spread as your conscious desire/will regarding the subject of the reading.

3: Destiny: defined in this spread as the greater plan/goal "determined" (in quotes to represent the instability of this concept; destiny isn't quite fixed).

4: Fate: defined in this spread as "cosmic" or "grander" (insert corny new age joke here; take these words with a grain of salt--this isn't Miss Cleo crap I'm trying to sling) forces orchestrating said destiny.

5: Fortune: defined in this spread as random gains/losses relevant to chance. Determine what exactly "gain/loss" stands for in the context of the reading.

6: Hope: well, this one's easy.

7: Fear: same here.

8: Past: uh oh, gettng complicatedddd.

9: Future: still with me, right?

Notice there isn't really an "outcome" or "answer" slot here. The spread is meant to be read on the whole as an ellucidation of things both beyond and within our control.

I hope you guys find some use for this one.

--Jourdain