please join us in the new deck "Tarot of Innocence"

rwcarter

Oh, you were asking for suggestions for a name for him! I thought you were quizzing us because you'd already given us the answer and wanted to make sure we were paying attention! The first time I was being a }), but this second time I was being an :angel:....

Rodney

shadowdancer

eureka moment !!

It HAS to be Will - that is what he stands for. Sheer will, focus of power to achieve and create.

Heck you two are good....lol. (hug being sent to Steve/Rodney)

Davina

rwcarter

(bows graciously) You're both welcome.

It just occurred to me that I've "accidentally" named two characters in this deck. :bugeyed: I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Rodney

Ravenswing

hi all

I've been short of time (for most everything) this week. We're (Carla and I, that is) rushing about the house getting a lot of it cleared out of fifteen or so years of packratting. We hope to be moving from our big old house to something more managable in a year or so.

Nonetheless, this week I'm scraping out some studio time. Yes, the Fool's still up--I've got some good roughs, I just have to really get to the drawing board.

So, we've got Will our Magician. I'm proposing Rosalyn for Strength (rosy lion... :) ) and her dragon ShadowWing.

Anybody got an idea for the Hermit ?

fly well
raven

shadowdancer

This is a defunct and dead thread, but having recently had cards printed out for use, I saw how my deck could have looked if it had ever seen the light of day.
They still live through being part of my all time fav's patchwork deck but I did get a tingle when I saw them like this. (The rears are just there as example, I used wallpaper fractals)

Sigh...... I remember these characters so well. The siblings of Strength and Magician.
Their parents, Empress & Emperor. Their best pal, Hermit.
The stroppy kid in the suit of pentacles.
The fairytale developing romance of the Page of Pents and the Knight of Wands.

At least I have a few to warm my heart. :) :) I reckon they could have looked good. I know I am biased but that has been my favourite wheel of all time.

Attachments

• innocence chariot.JPG
    innocence chariot.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 96
  • innocence cups ace.JPG
    innocence cups ace.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 78
  • innocence wheel.JPG
    innocence wheel.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 89
  • innocence pents 4.JPG
    innocence pents 4.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 81

rwcarter

Hopes up... and then dashed again.... :(

Here I was thinking the deck was being resurrected in some fashion. And in a way, it is; but not in the way I was hoping.

Thanks for sharing those images with us though shadowdancer. I like the back, but not for this deck - way too different. (Yes, I understand it's just a placeholder to have something to show.)

Le sigh. When I win the lotto, the Tarot of Innocence and the Serio TdM will both see the light of day! :heart:

HudsonGray

I agree, the back is totally not in sync with the fronts. Can you do a drawn back for the deck using the same style as the fronts? It would match up so much better.

Fractals are a passing fad anyway.

shadowdancer

It is a moot point re the back - it was a filler as Rodney had said. I was not tbe artist sadly, so wouldn't be able to do anything further. Tis a long story but it was not completed. Having recently done some printing I was able to see what could have been. Seeing it in a card form as opposed to a regular jpg was heartening. Thank you Rodney ((hugs)) I will never forget your warmth and support for this.

ETA the red dotted line is not part of the border. It is the safe area, where the printer guarentees the image will not be compromised during the cutting stage.