So Many Marseille Decks But No Books

anubis777

I see so many new marseille decks that keep popping up like popcorn which is great but the problem is that no books in english seem to follow these decks. It would be nice if someone put a nice book out so that the english speaking collectors & readers could actually read about the symbols in these decks. I wish more time would be devoted to an
english book that we could all follow in regard to all of these decks. So for all of you restorative artists please think about producing a book in english.

Richard

Reading the Marseille Tarot by Jean-Michel David.

Bluefeet

The Way of Tarot: The Spiritual Teacher in the Cards by Jodorowsky/Costa is also a nice book to get you started. :)

Wendywu

Reading the Marseille Tarot by Jean-Michel David.

I second that! Absolutely brilliant book.

Available as an ebook or print from Lulu. Be warned, the ebook although miles cheaper is DRM'd to some Adobe format! (not a standard pdf - they have some dedicated reader thing that's a pain to use).

The author is the jmd who used to post on AT, and who was one of those at the heart of many of the fantastic and informative threads you'll find in the Marseilles forum here.

Richard

I second that! Absolutely brilliant book.

Available as an ebook or print from Lulu. Be warned, the ebook although miles cheaper is DRM'd to some Adobe format! (not a standard pdf - they have some dedicated reader thing that's a pain to use).

The author is the jmd who used to post on AT, and who was one of those at the heart of many of the fantastic and informative threads you'll find in the Marseilles forum here.
I lost the inconveniently formatted ebook in a computer crash. Fortunately I had finished reading it. Now I want the hardcopy for reference. However, now there is another glitch: $$ :(.

Wendywu

How annoying for you!

I wish it had been produced as a mobi or epub or anything other than the horrible format it comes in.

gregory

It is VERY good. Lee's book that comes with the Universal Marseille (Lo Scarabeo) is good too - but can't be bought on its own, I think.

Wendywu

Yes - it comes as part of a set - Universal TdM, I think? Deck's OK but the set is worth it for the book. I think the deck is in the unloved drawer, but the book is on the keeper shelf.

sapienza

Yes - it comes as part of a set - Universal TdM, I think? Deck's OK but the set is worth it for the book. I think the deck is in the unloved drawer, but the book is on the keeper shelf.
Yes, it is the (pretty awful) Universal TdM. I got the set for the book and even though it's only a small book it is a great start for working with TdM.

I don't have Jean-Michel's book but did an on-line course of his years ago which was so helpful. He's amazing, a wealth of info. I was lucky enough to meet him at a conference and got to 'chat' about his passion for tarot history. I'm not often 'starstruck' but it was absolutely the highlight of my tarot years. :)

auntie

Hi! The book by Lee Bursten that comes with the TdM that you're recommending: do you mean the Little White Book with the deck, or one that comes with the set? I'm looking for a good starter book and the Jean-Michel David is just so expensive.