Badgers Forest Tarot

bluedogrose

Hi all, been awhile since I posted but thought you might like to see a preview of my newest deck the Badgers Forest Tarot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluedogrose/8645488381/in/set-72157613629917356/

Unlike my previous decks (Rabbit, TaRat and Bluedogrose) this will be a full sized deck (larger than playing card sized) 78 unique cards. The paintings I used to make this deck are about 3 times larger than the Rabbit Tarot and much more detailed. More images of the paintings are in the Tarot set on flickr. It's taken me 3 years to create.

As yet this deck is not available, I am hoping to finalize some funding options by next month or so to do a large printing.

Thanks for everyone's support!

HudsonGray

Nice.

European badger? Not the American badger though?

bluedogrose

Yes, it's the European badger. It just evolved that way, though there are both European and North American animals in the deck. It's based on an imaginary forest, not meant to be a naturalistic deck. :)

Tarot Orat

I'm thrilled that you have a new deck, I love all the others! I wish I had a ton of money to fund it for you :laugh: I'll certainly be buying one when it's available!

MissMacchiato

It looks like a lovely deck. The art is very soft and sweet, which I find appealing.

bluedogrose

Thank you for your comments. :) I've done three decks so you'd think I was an old hand by now, but this was by far the hardest project I've ever done. The larger scale and approach was much different and much more challenging, and of course, life gets in the way of big projects.

adrilem

It looks beautiful! I love the borderless cards, not to mention the overall aesthetic. I can't believe I haven't come across your other decks before! Hm... to order the blue dog rose tarot, or to wait for the badgers forest...

Chronata

The images are lovely. You have a wonderful sense for nature art!

delizt

lovley work here, looking forward to the finished deck!

baylys

Gorgeous!!! Might have to hunting out your other decks to buy too......