Tarot Minchiate

Aina

I also have a LS Minchiate and use it sometimes. I first used the method advised in the guidebook (separating the arcanas) but then I started using it like tarot - all 97 cards together. If the zodiac, element or virtue cards come up, I just read it as "too much water/emotional", "too much fire/anger, hotheadedness", if a certain zodiac sign comes up, I google up the description of that sign and assume it's qualities describe the person/situation. If the hope/charity/prudence/faith card comes up, I would think I need to be more hopeful/charitable.I did one YouTube experimental Minchiate reading for my dance class relationship issues because I didn't get along with people there. So I got the Charity card and for me it meant that there is a financial issue within the class. I thought it was too expensive and the lessons' quality didn't (in my opinion) match the price. It either meant that I should be more charitable or I wasn't charitable enough (didn't pay joyfully and thought I was cheated). The other cards were also coins (as far as I remember) so I understood that my annoyance was based on financial issues. The cards said that it's alright to continue IF I am willing to compromise on the financial thing but I wasn't so I didn't extend my membership. I think Minchiate gives very accurate readings because it has more cards that relate to pure elements and things like virtues. So I like the deck, art and size but I am not sure about the card stock. It's papery and doesn't shuffle so smoothly (cards stick together). So there is no fun in shuffling them, so I kind of slightly avoid them, lol.

firecatpickles

Great method and story-trading, Aina.

The original Etruria from LS is much better cardstock and is one of the easiest for me to shuffle of all my decks. The price of the originals used to be steep but has dropped a bit after the reissue. I would try to get your hands on one if you can, since you respond so well to it in readings.

I feel like the Minchiate has helped me improve with other smaller-numbered card decks and also with TdM readings, in general.

I ditto your feelings on the virtues cards. This deck offers much advice with the high numbers of these kinds of cards!

greatdane

I am loving this deck!

I have what I believe is the limited numbered deck as a card under the lwb is hand numbered in ink. It says Minchiate Florentine "Etruria" 1725 ed. "il Meneghello" Milano and the lwb says Milano 1986. The numbered card says 1994 . The box has a pasted card on front. It's such a lovely deck and much easier to shuffle than I thought it would be because of so many cards and the fact the corners aren't rounded. But it's narrow and shuffles easily. Non laminated. It's a delight.