Tarot Book Creation (Tarot of the Absurd)

tarotbear

Did I miss the riddles? :confused:

Barefoot Fool

Tarot Riddles

Did I miss the riddles? :confused:

When I first started making my deck, I wrote riddles to describe the cards because my whole idea was to write a story where two kids try to solve 22 riddles they find on slips of paper in an old trunk in the attic. I never went anywhere with that story, but (after 14 years or so) I did post the riddles on my blog, where you can see them and download them (PDF) and cut them out and try and figure out what the heck I was thinking.

http://barefootfool.com/tarot-riddles-tarot-of-the-absurd/

Nobody's actually gotten them all right yet, although a few have tried. That old contest is still viable.

I plan on putting the riddles in my book somewhere reasonable. I will also put the answers in the book, tho I don't know if I'll have them overt or covert. The answers are easier if you've read what I've written about the cards and looked at the pictures (everything is on the blog) because then you get an idea of what I am thinking.

But, seriously, if I view a card in a certain light that others don't seem to see, is it possible that I am wrong? I want to say no, because I don't believe I am wrong about how I see the cards anymore than I am wrong about how I see the world. I am willing to admit that I am (quite) different, but I guess part of my mission (in life) is to enable others to see the world differently. Because it is always interesting to get a new viewpoint on the world. I think.